Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Amuse R1 Titan Extra (Gold Tip) And New coilover Setup Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 05:39 PM
ZivNismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Amuse R1 Titan Extra (Gold Tip) And New coilover Setup Question.

I am planning on getting one of those setup on the Nismo, but would like to know if any Nismo owners have got these on their car yet. I would just like a feedback on how it performs and sounds. Also the package for the amuse R1 does not include the front pipe (R1000) i believe, so is it really necessary to buy the R1 setup with out using the front pipe?
As for the new coilover setup... the ones that purchased a much "better" coilovers like zeta preferably Ohlins. How is the quality? Worth the money or not.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:37 AM
klaze1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i might have seen 1 other person with a nismo using the r1 titan extra, im planning on getting the Silent-RS but im not so sure its worth it.. still thinking about it, i wonder what the real difference is between the r1 titan extra and the silent-rs besides the fact the rs is a true dual.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

The R1000 has been discontinued, but the amuse R1 matches well with the JIC y-pipe. Or you could search for another Ti y-pipe to pair it with. Not sure if the sizes match well, but that new motordyne y-pipe would be nice.

I would love to have some ohlins, but I doubt they ride very well on the street. If I could find a set of truechoice coilovers, I'd take those in a heartbeat over the stock nismo suspension. Other coilovers I'd consider are the Cuscos, HKS hipermax IIIs, bilstein PSS10s and KWs.

Other than performance, I'd like some coilovers for look, but then again, my front lip is already pretty beat up. Not sure how long it'd last if it were an inch lower.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on motordyne, right now i am using tanabe y, and it also fits quite well.

amuse > all
Old 04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
dbsears

Originally Posted by Sensi09
The R1000 has been discontinued, but the amuse R1 matches well with the JIC y-pipe. Or you could search for another Ti y-pipe to pair it with. Not sure if the sizes match well, but that new motordyne y-pipe would be nice.

I would love to have some ohlins, but I doubt they ride very well on the street. If I could find a set of truechoice coilovers, I'd take those in a heartbeat over the stock nismo suspension. Other coilovers I'd consider are the Cuscos, HKS hipermax IIIs, bilstein PSS10s and KWs.

Other than performance, I'd like some coilovers for look, but then again, my front lip is already pretty beat up. Not sure how long it'd last if it were an inch lower.
Ohlins ride EXTREMELY well. Don't be fooled by the springrates. Ohlins with 10k springs ride about the same as a stock Nismo. Only coilovers even close to the quality is Zeals.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by klaze1
i think i might have seen 1 other person with a nismo using the r1 titan extra, im planning on getting the Silent-RS but im not so sure its worth it.. still thinking about it, i wonder what the real difference is between the r1 titan extra and the silent-rs besides the fact the rs is a true dual.

that is the difference..one is a true dual, one is not
Old 04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by dbsears
Ohlins ride EXTREMELY well. Don't be fooled by the springrates. Ohlins with 10k springs ride about the same as a stock Nismo. Only coilovers even close to the quality is Zeals.
Do you think the Zeals ride well?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
klaze1

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
that is the difference..one is a true dual, one is not
yeah but i mean performance wise, any difference between having the silent-rs and the r-1 titan?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not an apples to apples comparison though

been said hundreds of times

a Y pipe + exhaust or a true dual - different look, different sound, similar power figures
Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 PM
dbsears

Originally Posted by Sensi09
Do you think the Zeals ride well?
I have not been in a car with Zeals, only Ohlins and KW3's with different springrates.