Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Exhaust on a budget

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009 | 05:42 PM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by singh
If you do gain power, it will be a marginal 2-3 horsepower at best. And on top of that your rear end will look like garbage. Quit being so ignorant and listen to Adam.
You have no idea as to what hp or tq gain will happen with what i'm doing, so quit showing your ignorants and think for your self. Hot rodding is just that people doing different thinks to the same car with different results.

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Do a before/after dyno and post your results...then you'll know how much you really gained or lost, relative to what you spent (or saved). It ain't my first rodeo either, and I've owned and modded my Z to a far greater extent, and for far longer ,than most here I don't know everything, but I do know a fair bit.

Every single pipe exhaust is nearly identical to stock layout, because there is basically 1 place the piping can run. The true duals have significantly different layouts - necessity by design.

If you're happy with it, then that's all well and good...just don't try to convince yourself, let alone anyone else who might just know a bit more than you about the subject, what you've gained as a result of the change you've made. You've changed the sound of your car, and you shed some lbs, that much I will agree with. The muffler on your car is not the most restrictive aspect of the exhaust however.
I'm not getting in a pissing contest with you, i don't know you and you don't know me.

Dyno's are subjective by dyno type,humidity,temp,elevation so on and so on.
I prefer seat of the pants felling coming out of the corner fell

My 1st car was a 69 mach1 with a blowen 351 so i put a 390 2 bbl from a station wagon in it at 15, been a ase master tech since 1988. Owened my own shop working on all types of makes and model from 1993-2000.

Have a 03 cobra running low 11 sec at 120+, 1993 lightning running mid 12
sec at 109, and 07 nismo running mid 13 sec at 101. not sure were my car is on this sights 1/4 mi ranking last time i looked top 10,07-08 modded car. Mods are filter inserts,Faulkin 615 tires and tinted windows I think i know what's what also,I've only had my car for less than 2 years but commen sense
still prevails.

Originally Posted by Spork
If you want to get rid of all backpressure and lose bottom end, get 4" piping all the way back from the manifolds/headers.
This comment says alot about you.

Originally Posted by 350ZEEEEE
What a nut...
I'm just a squirrel,trying to get a nut in your world.

Originally Posted by Zolid
Is it just me, or doesn't this classify as being rice? It's a NISMO z, not a civic, if your going to change the exhaust atleast get a cat-back.
It's just you so far, please read heading Exhaust on a budget. I'm not rich just trying to make my car perform the best I can with the amount of money I have. By the way you need to drive your car more than sit behind the comp,
you will get a better grip on life, kick it and get it!!!
Old 07-12-2009 | 05:49 PM
Hexxus

You're making a mistake. Once you get done ****ing your car up, don't come making threads about how to fix it on a tight budget. You are ruining a NISMO exhaust. It's on the NISMO for a reason. Your car was built and factory tuned specifically for this exhaust.

Last edited by Hexxus; 07-12-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2009 | 06:05 PM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by Hexxus
You're making a mistake. Once you get done ****ing your car up, don't come making threads about how to fix it on a tight budget. You are ruining a NISMO exhaust. It's on the NISMO for a reason. Your car was built and factory tuned specifically for this exhaust.
This statement says alot about you also. Please read and understand what you read before posting crap!!!!

Last edited by Nizmo0395; 07-12-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2009 | 06:18 PM
Nexx

maybe your broke *** should have bought a base instead of a nismo if you wanted to mod?
Old 07-12-2009 | 06:24 PM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by Nexx
maybe your broke *** should have bought a base instead of a nismo if you wanted to mod?
Dumb a$$ read before you post. Have more money in vehicels than you have in your house,or is it your mommy's house!!!
Old 07-12-2009 | 06:25 PM
vrbigdish

ASE master tech and your broke, must not be a very good one just my .02
Old 07-12-2009 | 06:47 PM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by vrbigdish
ASE master tech and your broke, must not be a very good one just my .02
First learn how to read and understand what was said,then give your .02.
Old 07-12-2009 | 07:12 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by Nizmo0395
Dumb a$$ read before you post. Have more money in vehicels than you have in your house,or is it your mommy's house!!!
i read everything dumb schit. maybe you should have saved some of your pennies instead of dumping all your cash into cars. having to rice out your nismo cause your dumb *** is broke isn't our fault.
Old 07-12-2009 | 07:12 PM
Spork

OP... You can pick up sarcasm, right?

Post up pics of all your cars. I'm curious now.
Old 07-12-2009 | 08:37 PM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by Nexx
i read everything dumb schit. maybe you should have saved some of your pennies instead of dumping all your cash into cars. having to rice out your nismo cause your dumb *** is broke isn't our fault.
Reading and understanding are two different things, is that your mommy calling you that I here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Spork
OP... You can pick up sarcasm, right?

Post up pics of all your cars. I'm curious now.
Spork i'm on a lot of different car sights and by far this is the worst when it comes to exchanging ideas and what you are doing so on and so forth,if you know what i mean.

These sights are here for help and sharing ideas not belittling others from possers!!!!!!!(Lemons) every play that game?

I've posted pic and have started a couple of treads here, 1 was as you would say sarcasm. going fishing with nismo wheels and i caught a couple.
Old 07-12-2009 | 08:45 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

Put your rear muffler back on and buy some HFC or test pips. More HP (less back pressure), save weight and it won't look like crap.
Old 07-12-2009 | 08:51 PM
Chromex319

Reading and understanding are two different things, is that your mommy calling you that I here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Spork i'm on a lot of different car sights and by far this is the worst when it comes to exchanging ideas and what you are doing so on and so forth,if you know what i mean.

These sights are here for help and sharing ideas not belittling others from possers!!!!!!!(Lemons) every play that game?

I've posted pic and have started a couple of treads here, 1 was as you would say sarcasm. going fishing with nismo wheels and i caught a couple.
Agree
Old 07-12-2009 | 08:52 PM
Nizmo0395

That work Spork?
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust on a budget-nismo-wheels-002.jpg   Exhaust on a budget-dsc00015.jpg  
Old 07-12-2009 | 08:55 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting
Premier Member

this site is great for bandwagoning

OP do you, and post results

As long as you keep all you old parts your good
Old 07-12-2009 | 09:02 PM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Put your rear muffler back on and buy some HFC or test pips. More HP (less back pressure), save weight and it won't look like crap.
I have'nt posted pics yet!

Originally Posted by Chromex319
Agree
Someone here gets it!
Old 07-12-2009 | 09:24 PM
Spork

I'd reply to this, but I'm not sure what you said.

That work Spork?
Nice SVT, but saying you've got soooo much money in them? I call BS on that.
Old 07-12-2009 | 11:21 PM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by KingBaby
this site is great for bandwagoning

OP do you, and post results

As long as you keep all you old parts your good
I'm a Buffalo Bills fan so no i don't bandwagon,I post results just look.
You know i keep all my old parts thats what it's all about modification not seperation.

[QUOTE=Spork;7542018]I'd reply to this, but I'm not sure what you said.

chromex319 did,and i had some fath in you!!!!

Nice SVT, but saying you've got soooo much money in them? I call BS on that.[/QUOTE

Check my 1/4 mi times and your privete mess.
Old 07-12-2009 | 11:26 PM
quietkilla6

i feel bad cuz he thought he was doing good and is so wrong... I say get an hks and have a sick set of hks canisters sticking out that rear dif. Cheap mods on a nismo z... ftl making a car your own... priceless (except the cost of fixing your mistakes of course)
Old 07-13-2009 | 12:03 AM
Spork

Look out, guys. We got a baller on our hands.

Edit: Funny how a 46 year old guy feels the need to try to prove himself.

These mod $ amounts are childplay compared to what people here have. Why cheap out on the exhaust department? Maybe I'm just tired and not reading everything.

93 L original price 23k + mods 7.5 k + interest 34k
03 Cobra 33k+ mods 6.5k+ interest total 45k
07 Nismo 40k + interest and mods 47k
I owe appox. 1800 on my Nismo have titels to others
BS factor 0

should i post this? Or do you want to?

Lifes full of crap are you?

Last edited by Spork; 07-13-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2009 | 12:30 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting
Premier Member

I agree a HKS which is the sexiest exhaust out....someone argue please...I wish a motherfcuker would argue that point. Should be what the OP's first or second choice along with a tune...He wants to try something new...

Yes...The old fart may lack the fine taste many of us have, but he doesn't...and OP I'm on your side for trying something new rather than fork over money to a name brand when essential you can man your own pieces...

Yet with all this online BEEF which is thin, you need to give us what we demand...

PICS
VIDS
DYNO SHEETS

I got your pm just register with a media host website imageshack/photobucket or whatever and then upload you file then copy the link here...

If you have any questions pm me...

Quick Reply: Exhaust on a budget