Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Torn...keep my Evo 9 MR or switch to a Nismo 350z

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:45 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If your other cars are any indication, I say get a 07 or 08 Z because you are going to mod it and make it look better than a normal NISMO imo, it would be cheaper as well

Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 AM
pacfwu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered purchasing an Elise?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Lento

That evo is one of the nicer ones I have seen. Keep it and enjoy it. By the time your out of school there will be a nicer and more powerful models out for the same price anyways. If I were in your shoes I would not trade up, but thats my opinion.

Great cars no matter which way you go
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pacfwu
Have you considered purchasing an Elise?
why? so he cant hate driving 75% of the time since it would be his daily?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:58 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea no way I would have a Elise for a daily. As it is that car is very unsafe.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:09 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by Nexx
why? so he cant hate driving 75% of the time since it would be his daily?
I know Alvin. It's a bit of an inside joke.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
wasuber

LOL... My god son! How big is your underwear drawer! Good luck with they decision, but now I'll add my 2 cents..

You know the 350 is way sexier! You know you love us more! Ha ha ha! There is a red one over at Kirkland Infinity I drive past it everday watching the price go from 32k.. to 30k.. now at 27,999 lol
Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Demonbfg

Keep the evo(an old saying "pretty is as pretty does").
Old 07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
wasuber

I'm gonna buy a Camarowe nao!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Zolid

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
It doesn't...when I had my Z last year all modded out, I had compliments from Ferrari owners and though *some* kids tried to race, it was NO WHERE NEAR what I've been dealing with with the Evo.
the NISMO Z does have sort of an exotic look to it, as if it looks more expensive then it actually is. I get alot less ricers trying to race me in the NISMO than my last 350.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should honestly wait for the 370 Nismo. Save a little more money now, and then go for it. We all know that your going to mod the thing so stop your lies! , you gave us the same story when you got the Evo. After seeing a local here make 315 on a MUSTANG dyno with intakes, HFC, exhaust, and headers with the 370, makes me wish I waited... I can only imagine what the Nismo version will do with bolt ons and a tune.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

buy the nismo

the lost that you would take would keep you quiet for a while. You wouldn't mod it crazy cause most of the nismo owners here carry flame throwers...if you didn't notice.

Power you might miss and cost a little more to achieve

Style/looks not going to discuss cause it's clear what looks better

buy the nismo
Old 07-14-2009, 04:31 PM
D_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
It doesn't...when I had my Z last year all modded out, I had compliments from Ferrari owners and though *some* kids tried to race, it was NO WHERE NEAR what I've been dealing with with the Evo.

Just last Friday some idiotic kids in a convertable mustang yelled out "fuuuuuck evos" and all of them flicked me off then pealed out. Normally I wouldn't care but when my gf is in the car that REALLY ticked me off. I didn't do anything about it because I don't want to stoop to their level. I just don't want to deal with that bs and it's not the first time. The evo screams race me whereas the nismo z screams this is a badass car that is expensive.
Lol true , evo's are nice but most people out there are not car enthusiasts so when they see an evo they tend to think its another cheap riced out honda if they dont catch the mitsubishi logo or just think its a cheap mitsubishi.

I've gotten compliments from people of all ages. and once from some old guy's wife or gf (in her early 40's I assume) from his ferrari on the highway.

I also was deciding between an evo,Z but wanted the Z for the non family friendly look.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nismo 370Z an option?

Or any 370Z. With your taste, it'd look sick.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
wasuber

Alvin, it was nice talking to you today but one thing bugged me, why not just keep the Evo and come hang out with us over here again? I don't think the car you have dictates who you can and cannot hang with. Look at Vince! He drives an Evo and the Evo site can't have him! He's ours! Bottom line is its seems you thought you needed to hang with Mitsu people cause you drive a Mitsu.. Not true.

But the Nismo would be a sweet addition to the group locally, we won't like you more or less for getting one. Duh.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
VENOMSZ

Just the very fact that your at this stage should tell you what you already know. Follow your heart and come back home to the Z. You are going to love the Nismo, especially PPW.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:34 PM
crg914

Keep the Evo, put whatever money you would have spent in savings. Then when it comes time to buy a home in a few years, you will be in a really good situation.

I had an Evo 8 before I bought my Z and I dumped $30k into it. AMS 2.3L stroker, Cosworth head, Jun cams, TRE trans, RPS carbon-carbon clutch, wheels, CarPC etc. At the time I thought it was awesome. But now I am looking for a house and can't help but think how much better off I would be if I had that $30k back to use as a down payment on the house. Live and learn I guess, but speaking from personal experience, I will have to be making serious money and living pretty comfortably to sink that much money into a car again.

I understand your situation is slightly different, but that extra money could be the difference between a house you like and a house you love...just my opinion.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, a couple different opinions here and I appreciate you guys bringing that up

Eric - I agree with you and no matter what I'll be there with whatever car I own, I miss being a part of a fun family-like community!

Money - It will most likely be a straight trade, I have 7-8k worth of aftermarket parts in the Evo and it will most likely go for $22k total trade in value after tax so I'm out 2k at most and will basically be getting a 1 year old car with 3k miles instead of a 3 yrs old car and 46k miles.

Power - I've experienced it, it's great, but most of the local guys know - I baby my car and doesn't track it or drive it hard enough. To me, the HR engine should have everything I need. Actually, I was satisfied with my 03 with some bolt-ons and power wasn't why I switched the Evo.

Time - I should have whichever car I end up getting paid off by the end of that 5 year mark. By then, I would look into a house - not another car. So I would end up having to keep the car for actually 7-8 years. I just think the Z has a more "time-less" look than an Evo 9.

Nismo - Even when I had my 03 I wanted to get as many Nismo parts as I can on it...having a NISMO Z would be insanely nice. It would be unrealistic to say I won't mod it. But it will be a lot easier than starting from ground zero. I would do a slight drop. Most likely wheels within the first year (back to Meister S1s ). I will most likely transfer my sound system from the Evo over to the Z so that will be fairly easy to do

At this point Im highly leaning towards the Z due to the newer car, warranty, and timeless look that will last me through the next 6-8 years. I know it seems like I'm planning out for the long run but I made a mistake not thinking that far ahead with the Evo so I want to do that now.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

keep the evo and save yourself some cash. i wish i had went with an evo instead of the Z.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 PM
CrazyRuskie

Get an IS convertible.

Quick Reply: Torn...keep my Evo 9 MR or switch to a Nismo 350z