Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

MCR CF canards are in

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 04:16 AM
tenn2200

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As promised, a little late, but better than never, excuse the sh*tty wheels, bbs lm's on soon, as well as the bumper emblem etc, litterally just got it back!! Hope everyone likes it!!

Name:  0213184a.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  276000c2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  a3890713.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  90.4 KB
Old 12-25-2010, 08:01 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good bro but you really need a wing!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:45 AM
mkn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is your car navy blue?
Old 12-25-2010, 05:31 PM
tenn2200

Agreed lol just waiting for my mcr upper portion of the nismo spoiler, also waiting for the 380rs fender accents. I'll have it all done at the same time when I have the gray portion of the nismo ground effects and room carbon overlaid. I think the bbs wheels will make it look alot better as well. I'm debating whether or not to get a dry carbon trunk and doors as well. I would definitely paint them though. I think the color is perfect. It's a factory Nissan color, San Marino blue. Thanks for the kind words!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:09 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, in that case, it looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:30 PM
siberian57

Def post more pics of your SMB when you get the wheels and spoiler on. I was highly considering going that same route on mine and I'm glad someone has done it so I can see what that would have looked like with that color.

And to the OP I love the MCR canards, very nice choice!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:36 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Looks good bro but you really need a wing!
Yep.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Lakeside

Great progress tenn! Its gonna look awesome once once your done with it. See it all waxed up in the Sun

Are you going to install the Nismo wing or do you have something else in mind?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 PM
fabcas311

nice!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 AM
tenn2200

Thanks... Yeah the nismo spoiler but with the mcr upper portion. Btw props to fabcas311, I got an evo too... Good taste! Lol but anyways, back on subject, I won't have anymore done for a while due to moving to Louisiana on the 9th. I gotta get a place and get settled in first before I can get my cars down there, and that's gunna be an endeavor all in it's self! Getting 3 cars 2500 mile can be a pain in the a$$. Not to mention I'll need to find a decent shop down south so needless to say, it'll be a while . Thinking about sending it and the evo to AMS and having them install a built block and a turbo setup similar to their gtr... We'll see.

Last edited by tenn2200; 12-31-2010 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Lakeside

It's disappointing that Vendors here don't stock premium items. I have always been the spontaneous buyer! I luv to just call a vendor and ask for rare items like an MCR hood, ARC HR combination overflow tank, Canards, volk wheels or lugs and see if they have a baited hook. More often then not, I get the lame excuse.... We'll have to import that and it will be a 10-12 week wait!!! With as many vendors as this community has as sponsors you would think they would have some inventory!!! WTF it's so annoying.

I would luv to just call a vendor and ask for an MCR hood and get a reponse..... YES sir I have that instock and can have that ready to ship. I would happily yank out my CC!.. lol

Never the case around here!

Zim
Old 05-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Simple economics

When 1 person per 12-18 months requests such an item there is hardly a point in stocking it. Never the case for all such items? Hardly given the age of the car. Not the case in recent memory- absolutely, and justifiably so. There isn't a vendor in existence who wants a warehouse full of premium, rare parts that only turn over 1 x a year. Even if the margins were 50% (they are less than half that on MCR and similar brands) it still makes no sense to hold even 1 in inventory. That's without taking the currency into account. Not to mention there are maybe a handful of us who deal with MCR in the first place (as an example)

Several of us have stocked premium items for this platform since 2003. But this is a platform that's 4 years out of production, in it's 3rd year of a down economy, and a community that often wants a replica of a replica, often regardless of quality, if it means a discount. Again it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 05-08-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Lakeside

It often becomes an issue with individual builds. I rarely call vendors on this forum anymore due to this fact. I was lucky a Vendor was able to come through on a Volk ce28n rim for me. We spoke for an hour on the phone and Volk USA was able to resolve my issue. I got that 10-12 week time frame down to 2-3 weeks! Which is huge to me. I really don't care about the cost. It's the inconvenience that does me in.

This is my year to get my exterior mods completed but the hood will not get completed. Ahhh well. Joys of owning a Z! No product support at times. Lucky I never bought an AMUSE exhaust. Some how I bet there is a vendor who has one in stock in the states but I could be wrong. lol I surely wouldn't bet my left nut on that!.. Maybe a $25 gift card to Dunkin Donuts! Thats prolly a 10-12 week wait to receive one of those...

Zim

Last edited by Lakeside; 05-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Again you can thank the economy and all the guys seeking to copy any item under the sun. Guys with access to MCR have to be careful who it gets sold to otherwise a copy gets made. It's one of the few brands to retain exclusivity. Fwiw it's not like MCR stocks it either. It's made to order nowadays.

A Volk wheel, which isn't car specific, is a far cry from a hood or exhaust that is car specific and which next to no one (relatively) purchased from the time the car was new.B if demand was there it would be stocked. Demand was not high enough in 2005 to justify stocking such an exhaust. Not to mention with so many options available on it as far as coloration, it pays to leave it as a per/order item. There was a time we stocked such items (Fujitsubo ti and stainless exhausts before they ever were imported, Top Secret aero parts, etc). Once stock sold out, if no one is still asking, there isn't a point in reordering. Then when such premium items are released, such as Ohlins coilovers, or ASM aero, next to no one wants em. Again, sends a message that such items are not worth restocking once current inventory is depleted.

This is not exclusive to the 350z btw. Guys with high end cars have to wait to. The nature of the beast when it comes to high end parts. If a customer wants an MCR hood badly enough it can always be air'd in. Again, most don't choose this option due to cost. We've done it for all of 1 person...ever. Shipping at that time was around $650 as I recall. No doubt higher today

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 05-08-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Lakeside

There are several HR owner's in the state that would purchase an MCR hood if in stock. I have no Luv for the ASM hood. Barf! There should always be at least one of said product in the country. Logically speaking. Stock them and a buyer will ***. lol
Old 05-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Lakeside

Ummm last I checked BPAuto could do the hood for $1350. So for Umm lets say $2000 shipped? I'll have to ponder that thought and sleep on it.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
tenn2200

Nah bro their shipping is definitely a GREAT deal. And the Waite isn't as bad. I've bought a ton of stuff, aero wise, close to $10k from them. They can literally find you anything and will beat anyones prices. And I mean any legit online sites as well. Hey stock alot of these items, and at one point had some mcr stuff. I bet if you talk to them you'll have the hood inside a month-month and a half at most. Talk to mike bratcher. He's the one that hooked me up with my mcr parts and amuse stuff. He even got his hands on a 380rs bumper for me. Funny story is he got it from mcr, they had it for spares and no one else had one at the time so they sold it to me. I couldn't say enough good things about bpauto, you won't be disappointed when dealing with them. I'm about to have the ground effects on the nismo pieces carbon overlaid aswell as my roof and do dry carbon doors and hatch, though I'm having those pieces painted. They hooked me up with their shop and it's an unbelieveably good price.

In regards to what you're saying about vendors on this site, I totally agree with lakeside, though I understand where z-1 is coming from. It really disgusts me the amount of people on here selling knock off crap. It ruins the industry. I think that "replicas" and all that shouldn't be allowed for sale on here. Leave that $hit on eBay! Lol honestly it ruins it for the guys that have legit parts like myself and also for the original innovaters that come out with awesome products. I also think that there should be less companies that are allowed on this forum selling things. If you advertise a part, it needs to have a price, be in stock and not a knock off. It shouldn't be any different for vendors than any of us when it comes to selling parts. They need to have an actual picture of the actual product. If q company stocked parts like mcr, people wouldn't have to wait forever for things and they wouldn't resort to buying knock offs. It's not all about the cost, time comes into play. Look a rays. As soon as they were stocked you started seeing them more and more. Now days on the forums you have a bunch of idiots trying to grab a piece of the pie and it pulls business away from all the legit companies selling top notch products, which in turn takes away from their profits and doesn't allow them the ability to stock parts that are pretty trick. Like z1 was saying, it doesn't make sense to stock something that no ones going to buy, cause they can buy a dang knock off somewhere else for a quarter of the price. These guys can afford to sell them for so cheap cause the steal the ideas from others who had to shell out for R&D. It's a really sad thing. The forums are a love hate thing for me because of this. I love the fact there are so many enthusiast and such a plethora of knowledge on here, but I REALLY hate all the idiots that have to ruin things for others. You know the morons I'm talking about, that guy that is negative about anothers car, the jack-ss that want to start a knowledge/fact war about every little minute deal that isn't even import/relevant and lastly the people that sling the knock offs!! You will never see a "replica" on any of my cars. It goes against my morales lol. Just think about this funny fact: everything has something against buying Chinese/Japanese/Korean things, why's this? Cause they think they copy everything we've made. Ironically now, we copy everything the make!! Lmao ex: seibon, VIS, and just about everything on eBay. Just try and find an authentic nismo part on here. Not gunna happen. And when you do, every person trying to buy it will lowball the $hit out of you. Like my set of amuse fenders. A guy offered me $300 shipped for them and thought I was an idiot when I wouldn't sell them. Hell, you can't even buy stock fenders for that cheap, and you wanna buy my hand made ones from a renowned company for that little? Give me a break. It's just a really sad, sad thing. I just hope something changes. Until the bpauto will have every dime of my purchases for an import. They refuse to jump on the knockoff bandwagon.

Anyways, away from my rant and back to the subject, anyone done anything new with their mcr parts/projects on their cars? It'll be about 2 months or so until I get back from this trip off shore when I get my car down from WA to LA and have the work done, hopefully you guys have some pics of some cool stuff to hold me over till I get my baby back!! Lol
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Lakeside

^^^^ Well said, I agree 100% with you. Knockoffs do belong on Ebay. There are many of us that prefer to do a build right. Me, I want to have a car I can be proud of. Not skimp out and buy sh*t products. When I get the itch to get something done, I do it. If I have to wait two months, I loose interest and go onto another project.

I'm not saying vendors need to have a large inventory of quality items, but they should have something here in the states. Maybe I should just give up and go buy a Vette. j/k

Last edited by Lakeside; 05-09-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 AM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*searching for a corvette now.....hmmm....honda civic with a crazy ls$$$ motor and ebay mount kits! WOWZA.....*

^Don't ask, random ADHD moment but very nice Z, was wondering if the MCR hood came with rain guards? Hawaii tends to have endless days of constant rain and i do like driving in the dry and wet.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

<-----reads over C6 specs...

Quick Reply: MCR CF canards are in