Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Xmas came early :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009 | 04:56 PM
nismomike

Originally Posted by Lakeside
It just lacks the Quality of the HKS system. I personally have never heard an X02 system before! Hope the performance is better then the Giants!!!! WTF

At least you represent your team! I'm a fellow Giants fan

Dude, I about cried when the giants lost to the Panthers. Oh well. I have season tickets for next year, and I am makin damn sure they play like theyre worth. I still wear my Giants jersey in pride. I am a new yorker who invades Virginia and Deadskins territory in the meantime though...
Old 12-30-2009 | 04:59 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by calin
Well you paid quite a few G's extra to get the Nismo, didn't you?
The OP may have
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:12 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

You guys make no sense.. None of you have a X02 but the OP, let me tell you something, I DO.. Besides the Tips which I replaced with real Tit tips, every part of my X02 is still in perfect condition and I have had it for 3+yrs.....

And Dik, its hasnt fallen off at all..... I dont give 2 ***** to buy the hks and spend an extra 1k and it doesnt even have "HKS" on the exhaust at all.... I could afford it, just never cared to buy it.... Nor did I like vid clips of the HKS sound, but I love the X02 sound!!

Ill be getting a 3" greddy exhaust now.. The X02 has served me well, and I never saw any gain in getting a HKS. I know you guys like breakin ***** but thats my testimony of the X02..

Thanks,

Jay

Last edited by Jay'Z; 12-30-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:17 PM
Lakeside

I happen to really like the HKS system! The sound is mellow with minimal Rasp with my current setup. Sounds badass above 4500 rpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxyZ7_9ARsY

Don't mind my women at the end of the Vid. lol I didn't give her any warning.
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:25 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Sorry Lakeside, I love how the X02 is much deeper..
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:53 PM
nismomike

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
You guys make no sense.. None of you have a X02 but the OP, let me tell you something, I DO.. Besides the Tips which I replaced with real Tit tips, every part of my X02 is still in perfect condition and I have had it for 3+yrs.....

And Dik, its hasnt fallen off at all..... I dont give 2 ***** to buy the hks and spend an extra 1k and it doesnt even have "HKS" on the exhaust at all.... I could afford it, just never cared to buy it.... Nor did I like vid clips of the HKS sound, but I love the X02 sound!!

Ill be getting a 3" greddy exhaust now.. The X02 has served me well, and I never saw any gain in getting a HKS. I know you guys like breakin ***** but thats my testimony of the X02..

Thanks,

Jay
Thats exactly how I felt. I am getting my x pipe installed tomorow (shipped yesterday nd came tonight, talk about fast shipping!) And I will be ordering HFC's sometime next week, just depends on my work schedule, for when I have time to get it installed , etc. I wouldn't have done this if I paid 1500+ for the HKS. As far as some slight raspiness and some droning, I love the sound. The x pipe will elimate some of the droning and raspiness, but will deepen the sound. Another member here has the exact setup, with the XO2, and magnaflow x pipe, and it sounds sick!! Will post a video tomorow evening hopefully to show you all.
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:54 PM
nismomike

Originally Posted by terrasmak
The OP may have
Paid 32k out the door last october, with 43 miles on it. I don't think I paid much more than some people may have for a grand touring during this time period, even though the new 370z was on its way in.
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:56 PM
nismomike

lakeside, how do you like your crawford hfc's? Would you recommend them over Berks? Any check engine lights at all? I can't make a firm decision on the two
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:57 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

I have no cats because of TT, that prob makes it deep too.
Old 12-30-2009 | 05:59 PM
Lakeside

I haven't had a single bad experience with the Crawfords! I have awesome gains. Purrrfect sound. I'm very happy with them. I've Never once had a CEL with my car ever...
Old 12-30-2009 | 06:02 PM
nismomike

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
I have no cats because of TT, that prob makes it deep too.
nice!
Old 12-30-2009 | 06:04 PM
nismomike

I haven't had a single bad experience with the Crawfords! I have awesome gains. Purrrfect sound. I'm very happy with them. I've Never once had a CEL with my car ever...
Well, then I think Im sold on it. The last thing I want is any type of CEL. I am **** about that kind of stuff, and its not worth the hassle of tryin to reset it and put steel wool nd whatnot. Can I ask where you purchased your set from? Do you know of where I can find a good deal on them, brand new? Thanks for your input, your car is a beast, btw.
Old 12-30-2009 | 06:11 PM
Lakeside

I picked mine up from

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2726

I have read to many posts of Berk HFC issues. A local here has blown out his berks twice now.. Covered under warranty but still.. Thats alot of wrench time. Not an easy task getting to that driver's side bolt either. They maybe under warranty but seriously who wants togo through all that aggrivation?! Screw that! Go with Crawfords.

Thanks Ya she's a sexy Beast! Having my MCR canards installed this winter. I'll post up some vids driving someday. The Gears are a great addition to my setup. They really Shine with my Mods. The car is a handful at times where before I felt it was pretty tame for a RWD sports car.

Last edited by Lakeside; 12-30-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-30-2009 | 06:15 PM
nismomike

thats exactly why I was torn between the two. The issues ive read were like a hit-or-miss thing. I want firm reliability. Crawfords it is. Its 535 bucks through their website, but 550 isn't much more, and I like mynismo.com.
Old 12-30-2009 | 06:22 PM
Lakeside

Just ask them to Price match I order alot from them and they are always cool like that!
Old 12-30-2009 | 06:27 PM
nismomike

Just ask them to Price match I order alot from them and they are always cool like that!
ahhh, touche, touche Will do. Thanks alot buddy, I will keep in touch with you! Be safe, and have a happy new year!
Old 12-30-2009 | 07:17 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet
Premier Member

I happen to really like the HKS system! The sound is mellow with minimal Rasp with my current setup. Sounds badass above 4500 rpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxyZ7_9ARsY

Don't mind my women at the end of the Vid. lol I didn't give her any warning.
Where did you get the smoke machine module for your exhaust?
Old 12-31-2009 | 03:28 AM
Lakeside

Originally Posted by dikspiel
Where did you get the smoke machine module for your exhaust?

Was a cold fall day when I took that Vid. The car stored is in a heated garage. I keep it at 50-55 deg in the garage. Was a cold start. I also didn't Rev tha Sh*t out of it. Never went above 6800 rpm.
Old 12-31-2009 | 06:58 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet
Premier Member

whats a cold, i live in los angeles
Old 12-31-2009 | 05:15 PM
nismomike

Default short video is up!!!

Made a really poor, quick video tonight. Just got the Magnaflow muffled x pipe put on. Before the interior was unbearable, as I couldnt hear the radio with all that droning. Sounds like stock, albeit a little louder, but outside, it sounds just like the X02 did before, maybe alil toned down, but the VQ note has definitely made a slight return. As usual, cameras can't captre the true essence, but now the rasp is almost NONexistant and the interior droning is gone! Will be adding HFC's to give it that extra push and kick. Hopefully the video works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6GNMIHFZr4