Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Is this a good deal for a new nismo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:55 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scotts300
I wouldn't call that a screaming deal. When the 370Z came out, our local dealer had a 0 mile "new" (2008) red NISMO 350 for $25k. I went there myself to confirm it, and they indeed did offer it to me for $25k. It was a leftover, but it was a new car.
Did you buy?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jmark
Did you buy?
No. I thought hard about it, but just because the deal was there, I had no need for it. I was looking to trade-in my wife's 350ZR for a 370, not put her in a red NISMO 350 that she hated anyway. Alternatively, I wasn't about to gut and track a $25k car, but I heard the price with my own ears.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM
urban customs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what dealer is this nismo at? Because the Nismo I used to own and returned is at autobarn and i noticed you live in chicago area like myself
Old 01-30-2010, 07:08 AM
datsunboy

ac23 is this the black nismo they have sitting in the back service area next to the gtr? I want that car! Can you gimme some details on the price they gave you. I was in there last week and some lady salesman was telling me it wouln't sell for less the 34k I tried to speak to somelse but they were all busy. I'm gonna go over on Monday send me a pm ac23 with your details/price offer please.....I would jump on it in a heartbeat at 31k.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Toasterflyer

27K..max (out the door) nothing more otherwise move to a 370z or find a cheaper 350 Nismo ..they are out there..

31K is way too much, esp for a dealer who is bankrupt, not to mention its a 2year old car that is not produced anymore.

Rich
ny

Originally Posted by ac23
There is a brand new 2008 nismo around my area. The dealership who used to own the nismo went bankrupt so the car was sitting in the lot for a year untouched, and now they are finally selling it again. After talking to the dealer for a few times they are offering it to me for 31k (tax, title and fees not included). What do you guys think? I have searched around but most threads are about used nismos so its hard to compare. The dealer listed it online for 31,999 (plus an additional 650 for destination fee) so 32599. I forgot to mention the dealer installed the nismo intake in the car, and they said the intake would cost around 750 which they will include in the deal.

Last edited by Toasterflyer; 01-30-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
ac23

Originally Posted by urban customs
what dealer is this nismo at? Because the Nismo I used to own and returned is at autobarn and i noticed you live in chicago area like myself
Yeah its at the autobarn. Why did you have to return it?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:45 PM
NISM0_350z

Yeah its at the autobarn. Why did you have to return it?
You've got some reading to do.

https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/...n-pricing.html
Old 01-30-2010, 08:03 PM
ac23

hmm... icic i guess I will wait till they agree to sell it for 30k OTD. Right now its 31700 OTD. Do you guys think they will go down to 30k?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Toasterflyer

Dude your nuts..30k OTD is way too much.. don't do it for that price.

hmm... icic i guess I will wait till they agree to sell it for 30k OTD. Right now its 31700 OTD. Do you guys think they will go down to 30k?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:51 AM
willfong

Wow, you guys must be getting really lucky find these new 08 Nismo cars at dealerships! I was searching for a month for a low mileage or new (from a Nisan dealership and never purchased or registered) 2008 Nismo 350z and found a couple of silver ones on autotrader.com and cars.com the dealerships were asking about $32K-$35K. I wanted Black or PPW and couldnt find any except for used low mileage ones. They was a 08 Black with 800miles for $28.5K (from a fishy used car dealer in Rosemead, CA), a 2008 black with 5,800 miles for $28K in the Chicago area, and a local 2008 PPK with 4K miles at $27,600. Both later ones were sold within days of me inquiring (the local PPK was sold the night after I called and setup a date to see the car the next day!) but the black 08 with an incredible 800 miles for $28.5K which he came down to $27.5 for me I did not leave a deposit with after communicating with him for a week because I just didnt trust him - he's a typical used car dealer. Said there was a 6" light curb on only one wheel and when I receive the picture it was around the whole circum. of the wheel! And it's still not sold as of now. I still see him posting it on autrader.com and ebay. So I found the only new PPW 08 Nismo (it has 400 test drive miles) over the last month and left a deposit for it. The Oregon dealer was asking $34,500 and the best they could do was just under $31K. After looking online for over a month I said I might as well do it since I couldn't find another new PPW or Black car. So Im ready to fly to Oregon in a few weeks and pick her up them make it a cross country road trip vacation for 10 days driving back to NY. Should be fun!

Anyways, I still feel I did ok for $31K on a new 2008 Nismo. If someone can still find and pick up a new one for under $30K I would be amazed! Good luck guys and gals.

Will w/ #1568
Old 01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
ac23

31k OTD or 31k + TTL????

Originally Posted by willfong
Wow, you guys must be getting really lucky find these new 08 Nismo cars at dealerships! I was searching for a month for a low mileage or new (from a Nisan dealership and never purchased or registered) 2008 Nismo 350z and found a couple of silver ones on autotrader.com and cars.com the dealerships were asking about $32K-$35K. I wanted Black or PPW and couldnt find any except for used low mileage ones. They was a 08 Black with 800miles for $28.5K (from a fishy used car dealer in Rosemead, CA), a 2008 black with 5,800 miles for $28K in the Chicago area, and a local 2008 PPK with 4K miles at $27,600. Both later ones were sold within days of me inquiring (the local PPK was sold the night after I called and setup a date to see the car the next day!) but the black 08 with an incredible 800 miles for $28.5K which he came down to $27.5 for me I did not leave a deposit with after communicating with him for a week because I just didnt trust him - he's a typical used car dealer. Said there was a 6" light curb on only one wheel and when I receive the picture it was around the whole circum. of the wheel! And it's still not sold as of now. I still see him posting it on autrader.com and ebay. So I found the only new PPW 08 Nismo (it has 400 test drive miles) over the last month and left a deposit for it. The Oregon dealer was asking $34,500 and the best they could do was just under $31K. After looking online for over a month I said I might as well do it since I couldn't find another new PPW or Black car. So Im ready to fly to Oregon in a few weeks and pick her up them make it a cross country road trip vacation for 10 days driving back to NY. Should be fun!

Anyways, I still feel I did ok for $31K on a new 2008 Nismo. If someone can still find and pick up a new one for under $30K I would be amazed! Good luck guys and gals.

Will w/ #1568
Old 01-31-2010, 08:35 PM
willfong

ac23,

I paid $31K not including taxes, title, & registration. I will pay that once I arrive in NY and register the car here in NY.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
datsunboy

Sad news for me....I went doen to Autobarn Nissan this morning at 9am sharp!
Test drove the new 08 Nismo in black only has 44 miles on it I told them I was ready to buy if th price is right..they offered it to me for 31k plus ttl. & I would get the Nismo intake included in the price. They did not add any other fees so I decided along with my dad it was def worth the price! When they ran my credit it turns out the car I co-signed for to help out a family member has been paid late 9 times in the last 12 months I can not qualify for a loan right now Lessoned learned...last time I co-sing for someone...Sucks ba*ls! I could've been driving away right now on that Nismo Z. Unless I get someone to buy it for me under their name i'm out of luck! Can a fellow 350Z member buy it for me under their name? J/k!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

wow that sucks! my sister did that to my father on a house co sign. you would hope that these inconsiderate f*ckers would let you know if they can't make payments since your credit is on the line as well. it is a very large decision and a huge act of trust and faith to cosign for anyone.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM
CHICAGO Z

Don't buy just yet, They had the red and black nismos listed for $27K during the summer on the web and autofocus. We went to get one and the sales manager (Bill) tried playing games with the numbers. There is a reason why they won't sell these cars and its because they are tring to rip people off. Be very careful with the Autobahn Evanston. my 2 cents, by the way I bought my Z there in 07 and the manager before was very cool and gave me a great deal $30k + ttl for a new touring sticker was $36k. GL
Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
datsunboy

Originally Posted by CHICAGO Z
Don't buy just yet, They had the red and black nismos listed for $27K during the summer on the web and autofocus. We went to get one and the sales manager (Bill) tried playing games with the numbers. There is a reason why they won't sell these cars and its because they are tring to rip people off. Be very careful with the Autobahn Evanston. my 2 cents, by the way I bought my Z there in 07 and the manager before was very cool and gave me a great deal $30k + ttl for a new touring sticker was $36k. GL
HMM...I'm confused This dealership is brand new..doors opened up in October..they still have a grand opening banner in the waiting room. My father and I spoke with the general manager..his name is Ed not Bill..they both know each other from Indiana where Ed used to be general manager at Napleton Nissan (dad used to date a girl in finance there) From what I heard everyone in there is new and no one seemed to be over the age of 30(salesppl). As a matter of fact they are trying to see what they can do to get me finaced...they salesperson who helped me has a friend at Harris bank who I am going to see today at 4pm to see if she can get me approved. Maybe you are thinking about the dealership that was in the corner next to Jewels? Anyways i can't say anything negative about them as of this moment..so far so good. If I sense anything weird I will post it up.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
NISM0_350z

Originally Posted by datsunboy
HMM...I'm confused This dealership is brand new..doors opened up in October..they still have a grand opening banner in the waiting room. My father and I spoke with the general manager..his name is Ed not Bill..they both know each other from Indiana where Ed used to be general manager at Napleton Nissan (dad used to date a girl in finance there) From what I heard everyone in there is new and no one seemed to be over the age of 30(salesppl). As a matter of fact they are trying to see what they can do to get me finaced...they salesperson who helped me has a friend at Harris bank who I am going to see today at 4pm to see if she can get me approved. Maybe you are thinking about the dealership that was in the corner next to Jewels? Anyways i can't say anything negative about them as of this moment..so far so good. If I sense anything weird I will post it up.
1. Sucks your buddy screwed you over. He/she should have let you know they were late or couldn't make payments on the loan.

You co-signed to help them out, they should have the decency to let you know. I would confront them and btch them out.

2. Of course the dealer will try and do ANYTHING to get you the car. They are in the car selling business, they will do whatever they can to get you to drive out with a car.

If you do somehow get approved, make sure you don't get some ridiculously high rate. That, or they may ask you to put more down.

Either way, good luck.

Last edited by NISM0_350z; 02-01-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
CHICAGO Z

Originally Posted by datsunboy
Sorry for the confusion. You are correct, that Nissan dealer is new "NOW", but the old Nissan dealer was across the street now Mazda of Evanston next to the VW dealer. The old sales Manager (Eric) now works at Mazda of Countryside. Go to the service Dept. and tell them you go to ChicagoZ and watch what they tell you. Maybe this can get you a better deal on the car, they give us discounts and such. I think the guys name was Ed and not Bill.oops Anyway Good luck if you do get the Nismo keep us posted with some pics.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:35 PM
datsunboy

So...no credit approval yet! I'm hoping my dad just decides to finance in his name so I left a $1,000 deposit for the 08 Nismo at Autobarn. The price is right for ME and I def think it's worth the $ considering it only has 44 miles on it! Btw someone just bought a 2010 White Nismo 370Z over there...they brought it in for a clear bra...looks f'ing sweet!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:35 AM
datsunboy

So I guess I am out of the market for the 08 Nismo I want...can not get financing from any bank due to my blemishes on my credit report
I am going to pick up my deposit at Autobarn Nissan today guess by the time credit gets better I will just go with the Nismo 370Z.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal for a new nismo?