Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

How much for a 2007 BLACK NISMO

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:19 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would offer you $19k too.

There is a huge disparity in supply and demand today.

For the record there is not a COLD CHANCE IN HELL these cars
(i.e. 07 & 08 Nismo's w 10k miles+++) will ever sell for a dime over
$25k from here on out.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Toasterflyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed! but someone will find one at a dealer and be so excited the
he/she will over pay.
Its a sad state of affairs, but nothing that should
be a surprise to anyone who buys a new car that the value falls off
the cliff dramatically as the years go on. You can really thank Nissan for the huge drop in 350z value! Once they announced the 370z(butchered if you ask me).. the 350z was orphaned. I have no idea why Nissan created a
completely new car design in the 370z, just silly if you ask me.

Rich
ny

Originally Posted by lgear080

$25k from here on out.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:50 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said. i don't believe the 370z is to blame. no one can afford it yet anyways.

the 350z will have a long life - you can buy an '03 de for $8k! that's the issue.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:15 PM
NISM0_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I wrote that cars don't sell on eBay, I meant that you will not get good money for a car if you post it on eBay.

eBay isn't that great of a market for cars, you are better off selling by other means.

Just cause cars sell on there, doesn't mean they sell for what they are worth. Any decent car on there is listed with a reserve, and if it's not met then it won't sell.

Originally Posted by Toasterflyer
Actually your wrong cars do sell on Ebay. As far as 350z's go on Ebay well it seems as though the earlier models are selling pretty good or at least those are the auctions showing the most bidder traffic! You can get an earlier model with mid range mileage for great prices. 350z Nismos don't sell on Ebay.
I have read the thread where guys have posted how much they paid recently for their 350Nismo, and I think I commented on a few of them!
Those guys are noobs, don't know the car/market, had daddy buy the car for them and were totally uneducated about what they were buying. And probably thought they were getting a good deal based on what they saw on the orig. window sticker. There is a sucka born every minute. I bet dollas to donuts that they are a bit P'od about how much they paid for their car.
Typical US consumer, sorry but true.

27k MAX for any 350zNismo with zero to under 10k miles ..imo.

Rich
ny
Old 02-10-2010, 06:02 AM
whitt1

I sold mine last month for $25,000 it had 39,000 miles.I listed on Autotrader it took about 6 weeks I originally listed it at $29,500.Turned down low offers I had set $25,000 as the least I would take and stood to it.

Last edited by whitt1; 02-10-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Toasterflyer

I disagree..Ebay is a great realtime tool to see what people are spending their money on, vehicle or other item. Any print ad..or even internet classified ad is dated and def. NOT realtime.
Cars sell on ebay for what people are willing to spend. You either got a great deal or that is roughly the true "market" value of the car.

If a car listing with the reserve is not met that means that the high bidder was only willing to spend that amount. If that happens with the same car week after week, as it does with alot of 350z's and Nismos..then the seller should get a clue and lower da price as the market value in the sellers head is too high.

Cars listed on autotrader, cars.com and the others have prices that are very unrealistic(for 350z's) and are often very inflated. Esp. those listed by dealers.

Ebay can determine the market value for cars and other things. Please don't get me wrong there are other factors that determine the market value of a car. But its a great tool for buyers to use.

Antique, high end, collectable classics cars are a whole other story.

imo
Rich ny

Originally Posted by NISM0_350z
When I wrote that cars don't sell on eBay, I meant that you will not get good money for a car if you post it on eBay.

eBay isn't that great of a market for cars, you are better off selling by other means.

Just cause cars sell on there, doesn't mean they sell for what they are worth. Any decent car on there is listed with a reserve, and if it's not met then it won't sell.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
NISM0_350z

Get over eBay. It is crap in my personal opinion from several years experience.

There is a ton of different items on eBay, so we won't even go there. Many items are knock-offs or cheap reproductions. So let's stick to automobiles.

And you say eBay is a 'great realtime tool to see what people are spending their money on'? Are you kidding me?

If I want to buy a car, I don't go to eBay. That is the last place I , and many other potential buyers would look. And that is a very good reason why cars typically don't sell there. People would much rather go to a dealer to view a car and have piece of mind, then to bid on a car online from some random guy they don't even know and they won't even see or test drive the car.

When making a car purchase, you do research to find out what you should be paying. You DO NOT go to eBay to gauge the 'real time market value.'

Cars listed on Cars.com or Autotrader will almost always be listed a little higher. Dealers don't list the cars for what they think they will sell them for, they list them a little higher so when you go in they can haggle with you and hopefully get more than what the car is worth.

The true market value of a car to a dealer is what the car sells for at auctions. When you bring in a trade-in they go and look up what your car (based on mileage, year, and condition) is going for at dealer auctions. They're not going to pay you more than what they can sell the car at the auction for.

Bottom line, Edmunds TMV is a great tool for giving you a quote on dealer retail, private retail, and trade-in's. If you have access to dealer auction sites, then you have even more helpful information to get you the best deal.

If I used eBay as a tool for telling me how much my vehicles were worth, then I would be broke. Selling locally and posting on car enthusiast forums is best.

I disagree..Ebay is a great realtime tool to see what people are spending their money on, vehicle or other item. Any print ad..or even internet classified ad is dated and def. NOT realtime.
Cars sell on ebay for what people are willing to spend. You either got a great deal or that is roughly the true "market" value of the car.

If a car listing with the reserve is not met that means that the high bidder was only willing to spend that amount. If that happens with the same car week after week, as it does with alot of 350z's and Nismos..then the seller should get a clue and lower da price as the market value in the sellers head is too high.

Cars listed on autotrader, cars.com and the others have prices that are very unrealistic(for 350z's) and are often very inflated. Esp. those listed by dealers.

Ebay can determine the market value for cars and other things. Please don't get me wrong there are other factors that determine the market value of a car. But its a great tool for buyers to use.

Antique, high end, collectable classics cars are a whole other story.

imo
Rich ny
Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Toasterflyer

Well its too bad you don't see the benefit of Ebay. Some things(cars) can not be had by just opening up the want ads or buying HemingsMotorNews.
As far as cars listed for sale here on this forum or cars.com, Auto trader are 90% always the wrong price. And the dealer listings for a 350z Nismo is a freaking joke. And don't tell me they aren't, I have been looking at the same ads over a 7month period! And only recently have the dealers budged on the asking price and its still is not enough.

How many Nismo owners here wanting to sell their car..ask what is a good price??mmm.. Gee I thought I saw some one offer like 17k..(way too low) but still.

Sad, for the people who paid full price for theirs and only to see them in true real world value, become 1/2 that price.. I bet that stings..ha.

Trust me I do a ton of research on EVERYthing I buy and I don't start on Ebay. However, sometimes I end up there and actually buy. Just because I don't a 350z Nismo(yet) does not mean I don't know the car. I do think that Ebay is where I will find the one I want. My offer will be realistic and fair. Based on the demand for a car that is no longer manufactured..read my past posts 27k(MAX) out of the door for a 350z Nismo, I think that is fair no matter what year the car 07-08...thats a car under 10k miles!! As time goes on that number will start to fall.

A Nismo just ended on ebay..bidding got up to 17K.. only like 2bids mmm.. What does that tell current 350z Nismo owners?

I think it says a hell of a lot!! Value is **** for the car that they may have paid close to 40K... that sux A--! You can also thank NISSAN for releasing a Z that was built new from the ground up and shares nothing with the 350z.
Did nissan really need to re-invent the Z car once again? NO. Were people bitchin and moaning about the styling of the 350z so much that Nissan had to make a change? I doubt it. Nissan basically killed the 350z(dumb move if you as me Nissan). That really hurt the value of the 03-09 350z car.

Get over eBay. It is crap in my personal opinion from several years experience.

There is a ton of different items on eBay, so we won't even go there. Many items are knock-offs or cheap reproductions. So let's stick to automobiles.

And you say eBay is a 'great realtime tool to see what people are spending their money on'? Are you kidding me?

If I want to buy a car, I don't go to eBay. That is the last place I , and many other potential buyers would look. And that is a very good reason why cars typically don't sell there. People would much rather go to a dealer to view a car and have piece of mind, then to bid on a car online from some random guy they don't even know and they won't even see or test drive the car.

When making a car purchase, you do research to find out what you should be paying. You DO NOT go to eBay to gauge the 'real time market value.'

Cars listed on Cars.com or Autotrader will almost always be listed a little higher. Dealers don't list the cars for what they think they will sell them for, they list them a little higher so when you go in they can haggle with you and hopefully get more than what the car is worth.

The true market value of a car to a dealer is what the car sells for at auctions. When you bring in a trade-in they go and look up what your car (based on mileage, year, and condition) is going for at dealer auctions. They're not going to pay you more than what they can sell the car at the auction for.

Bottom line, Edmunds TMV is a great tool for giving you a quote on dealer retail, private retail, and trade-in's. If you have access to dealer auction sites, then you have even more helpful information to get you the best deal.

If I used eBay as a tool for telling me how much my vehicles were worth, then I would be broke. Selling locally and posting on car enthusiast forums is best.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
mistanismo

Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about. That last paragraph is a prime example of that.

Do you know what happens every 5-10 years in a cars production line? Upgrades of all sorts which effectively allow for progression relative to technological improvements etc... so you expect what of Nissan and everyone else? To make one car and never improve it?

ZZZ... a nismo got 3 bids on ebay for 17k omg that's what it's worth? Your logic is so out the window it's maladjusted your perspective. Tons of auctions fall short of what the buyer wants, with or without reserve... you know what they do? Re-list. Everyone wants a deal if they can get one, and as cheap as possible. This is the nature of things. Why offer more if you don't have to?

Did it sell? Of course not. Come back when you have evidence of a nismo that has under 50k selling for 17k.

'I don't own a Nismo but that doesn't mean I don't know the car.

It absolutely means you don't know the car. You understand the technical specifications, and anything it shares similarly to a regular 350Z HR, if you even ever owned one of those... beyond that, you know nothing.

By your logic, I guess I know my lambo's hands down because I read about them?

Bottom line: You're wrong. And you don't own a nismo because you're too cheap to pay what they're worth, despite the already monumental savings available.

You could have bought one from a dealer for 27k with less than 10k miles... you could have bought a private sale for that similarily... guess what, you haven't.

So stop talking nismo pricing, because for that being the only aspect you apparently claim to understand... your understanding is limited.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Toasterflyer

Yes Im dumb..haha..think not. How stupid do you have be to re-list a car several times with little or no interest shown before you think huh..maybe I'm asking too much. Sad fact the people who purchased the NISMO for full or close to the price are sucking wind right now watching their car fall from grace value wise. And your all pissed off about it..ha.

We shall see I bet that car will be listed again and wont break 22K with yet again the reserve not being met!!

Oh crap..wait the 350z Nismo is a limited edition blah..blah.. the 350z Nismo is worth MAX 27k(new or under 10K) thats a fact JACK. And forget about
non-Nismo editions they can be had for great prices. The low teens in most cases..

I did not say the Nismo is worth 17K..but that just shows you how little interest this car draws, practically zero.
If Nissan put the 3.7liter motor in 350z body, made some subtle changes to the interior..then the value of the current 350z would not have dropped as much as it has, another fact JACK.

A few months back I was offered a 07 350 Nismo with 75miles on her for
$26,500.00 a private offer ONLY after the ebay auction FAILED to deliver the asking price, no surprise there. I could not bite at the time. To me that is
a great price. I have no doubt that another one will come by with that realistic price again, I'm not worried.

I bet even the recent new Nismo owners on here that have posted what they paid for their cars are a bit bummed they paid too much. Lack of knowledge , excitement of the purchase being contributing factors no doubt. Or just plain have tons of money and I want it now type situation.

Originally Posted by mistanismo
Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about. That last paragraph is a prime example of that.

Do you know what happens every 5-10 years in a cars production line? Upgrades of all sorts which effectively allow for progression relative to technological improvements etc... so you expect what of Nissan and everyone else? To make one car and never improve it?

ZZZ... a nismo got 3 bids on ebay for 17k omg that's what it's worth? Your logic is so out the window it's maladjusted your perspective. Tons of auctions fall short of what the buyer wants, with or without reserve... you know what they do? Re-list. Everyone wants a deal if they can get one, and as cheap as possible. This is the nature of things. Why offer more if you don't have to?

Did it sell? Of course not. Come back when you have evidence of a nismo that has under 50k selling for 17k.

It absolutely means you don't know the car. You understand the technical specifications, and anything it shares similarly to a regular 350Z HR, if you even ever owned one of those... beyond that, you know nothing.

Bottom line: You're wrong. And you don't own a nismo because you're too cheap to pay what they're worth, despite the already monumental savings available.

You could have bought one from a dealer for 27k with less than 10k miles... you could have bought a private sale for that similarily... guess what, you haven't.

So stop talking nismo pricing, because for that being the only aspect you apparently claim to understand... your understanding is limited.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Toasterflyer

WHoa?? Thats a tough pill for some of these folks to swallow!!

$25k from here on out.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:14 PM
NISM0_350z

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was beginning to get frustrated reading and replying to that moron's posts. I'm glad you spoke up and said exactly what I was thinking when reading t-bag's posts.

I don't know what his issue is, but I am done wasting time reading anything he posts.

He is a cheap *** and he doesn't want to pay the price to own a NISMO. He will wait and wait until the market value drops enough when he can actually try and maybe afford it.

Yeah, some guys paid close to $40k for the NISMO, but dude that was like 2 years ago when the car first came out!

You gotta pay to play... A car will always depreciate in value so quit being a douche and saying guys are suckers for paying $30-$40k. If these guys did their research when they bought their NISMO then they got a fair deal at the time.

Originally Posted by mistanismo

Old 02-11-2010, 05:22 PM
NISM0_350z

Yes, a $19k offer as a trade in is fair. But you would be crazy to think you could buy it for $19k. Offer what you want, but anything less than $23k is a steal and any seller would be a moron to sell.

$25k from here on out.
As they probably shouldn't because they depreciate each and every day, and as of right now an '07 NISMO with 10k miles is worth about $24k.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Toasterflyer

Not owned PAL..
A few recent purchases made by new Nismo owners here thought 31-32K was a good deal. NOT!! They got owned. And quite frankly until recently the dealers still put a 32k price on the Nismo based on the OVER PRICED 38k sticker to begin with. NOW tax, tags and all the BS will put you back up to round 34-36K .. Silly. When you can get a 370 which is new, better engine, and is actually being manufactured, unlike the 350z

Your right I dont want to OVERpay for a Nismo. I want a realistic down to earth price and I think will get it, soon.

what did you pay for your Nismo?? still bitter its now worth less than half of the orig. sticker..haha

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was beginning to get frustrated reading and replying to that moron's posts. I'm glad you spoke up and said exactly what I was thinking when reading t-bag's posts.

I don't know what his issue is, but I am done wasting time reading anything he posts.

He is a cheap *** and he doesn't want to pay the price to own a NISMO. He will wait and wait until the market value drops enough when he can actually try and maybe afford it.

Yeah, some guys paid close to $40k for the NISMO, but dude that was like 2 years ago when the car first came out!

You gotta pay to play... A car will always depreciate in value so quit being a douche and saying guys are suckers for paying $30-$40k. If these guys did their research when they bought their NISMO then they got a fair deal at the time.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Toasterflyer

Up until recently dealers were still trying to get mid 30k for the car. So once the tax and tags etc are done wtf do you think you would end up paying?

close to the dang orig. sticker!! Give me a break. 3months ago I was talking to dealers across the country who had 350z Nismo leftover. Its worth slighty over 1/2 da sticker.
So it was not "like 2 years ago"..

Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

those who say that 19K is fair, are dumb!!!!

that means any regular 07 or 08 is worth 12k

idiots all of you idiots

Last edited by KingBaby; 02-11-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Toasterflyer

As I type this I feel the flames beneath my feet..haha. Just to be clear I never said that 19k is fair!! If memory serves me correctly I have typed a 27K figure for the 07-08 Nismo.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
those who say that 19K is fair, are dumb!!!!

that means any regular 07 or 08 is worth 12k

idiots all of you idiots
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM
NISM0_350z

what did you pay for your Nismo?? still bitter its now worth less than half of the orig. sticker..haha
Bitter???

I bought my NISMO almost 8 months ago and I paid $31k. This was for a 'new' '08 with 7 miles on it. It was sitting in the dealer showroom and needless to say I did my homework and I got a great deal.

I will never be bitter because COMMONSENSE tells you that cars depreciate! I bought the NISMO because I liked it and wanted it. I didn't buy it for resale value, nor have I bought any other of my cars based on resale value.

Do you think cars are investments? When I buy a car, am I supposed to be looking at what the car will be worth in a year or two? Or should I be focused on getting the bast damn deal possible at the time of purchase?

Every single car has depreciated, and every single car will continue to depreciate. It's not like the NISMO 350z is the only car depreciating, but I guess that's what you believe.

Buy any car today and I will laugh at you in a couple months because you will have been pwned! Know why? Because the car won't be worth anything near what you paid for it and they will be selling for a lot less!

You need to read some of this, I highlighted some key points for you. Get educated...

You do not have to be a car connoisseur to know that cars do not age very well. In fact, the minute you can see the sign of the dealership in the rear-view mirror as you're driving away, it's worth less than what you paid for it.
Depreciation is the value lost over a period of time, and a car is a depreciating asset. With new aesthetics, new features and new body styles being produced daily, your new car won't be new within a very short period of time.

Buying a car is not an investment, and it should never be viewed as such. A new car depreciates the minute you drive it from the showroom floor. In the first year of ownership, a new car can lose up to 20 percent of its value, and by the fifth year, your car will depreciated by over 65 percent.

"During the first year, the value of the car decreases at a steep rate. For the next four years, the car depreciates at a gentler, slower pace, with a further step down in value in the sixth year. Beyond this, the value of the rate of depreciation flattens out." On average, the life expectancy of a car is 7 or 8 years.

Last edited by NISM0_350z; 02-12-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Toasterflyer

huh..so 31K out the door ? You still over paid. But tell yourself you got a great deal on it..what ever gets you through the day.
And your wrong. You should stop typing now!! Not ALL cars depreciate, and some are most certainly investments and increase in value everyday.. Get a clue.

Fact..the 350z Nimso was depreciating SITTING on the show room floor, it did not have to roll off the dealer lot. It depreciated faster with the release of the 370z and then later the 370z Nismo.

Bitter???

I bought my NISMO almost 8 months ago and I paid $31k. This was for a 'new' '08 with 7 miles on it. It was sitting in the dealer showroom and needless to say I did my homework and I got a great deal.

I will never be bitter because COMMONSENSE tells you that cars depreciate! I bought the NISMO because I liked it and wanted it. I didn't buy it for resale value, nor have I bought any other of my cars based on resale value.

Do you think cars are investments? When I buy a car, am I supposed to be looking at what the car will be worth in a year or two? Or should I be focused on getting the bast damn deal possible at the time of purchase?

Every single car has depreciated, and every single car will continue to depreciate. It's not like the NISMO 350z is the only car depreciating, but I guess that's what you believe.

Buy any car today and I will laugh at you in a couple months because you will have been pwned! Know why? Because the car won't be worth anything near what you paid for it and they will be selling for a lot less!

You need to read some of this, I highlighted some key points for you. Get educated...

You do not have to be a car connoisseur to know that cars do not age very well. In fact, the minute you can see the sign of the dealership in the rear-view mirror as you're driving away, it's worth less than what you paid for it.
Depreciation is the value lost over a period of time, and a car is a depreciating asset. With new aesthetics, new features and new body styles being produced daily, your new car won't be new within a very short period of time.

Buying a car is not an investment, and it should never be viewed as such. A new car depreciates the minute you drive it from the showroom floor. In the first year of ownership, a new car can lose up to 20 percent of its value, and by the fifth year, your car will depreciated by over 65 percent.

"During the first year, the value of the car decreases at a steep rate. For the next four years, the car depreciates at a gentler, slower pace, with a further step down in value in the sixth year. Beyond this, the value of the rate of depreciation flattens out." On average, the life expectancy of a car is 7 or 8 years.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

of course the car losses value...don't let it...

but to say that low balling a limited edition car as depreciating asset is being a car connoisseur...to me isn't sound..

to me any 07/08 nismo should go for 5k over any regular 07/08 Z car of it's equal miles and wear... to me that's fair...but to have someone sell a car that is by far better for the same price is LOW BALLING

that's just me...call me crazy...

Quick Reply: How much for a 2007 BLACK NISMO