Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Anyone with Nismo S-tune exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
teh_ginger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with Nismo S-tune exhaust?

This is the only exhaust I'm really interested in that's under $2,000. I'd like to give it a try before I go to either the Amuse R1 or Saclam Siren because both of those exhausts leave me with something to be desired for the $3k+ price...the Amuse doesn't sound particularly special and the Saclam's tips are just too dinky with the Nismo diffuser.

I think the S-tune/Weldina exhaust offers a much richer sound than our factory exhaust (especially with HFC's), but my concern is with the tips. If I'm not mistaken aren't they at more of an angle? Would this look out of place with our rear bumper or interfere with fitment? And what about welding on our 5'' tips...could this be done despite the angle of the piping?

-Matt
Old 05-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

there are a lot of exhausts to be had in the 1K range that are very nice. just a thought since youre about to drop 3K on a system.
But why not get a nismo exhaust system used with a few miles for <1K and use the 2K for a whole lot of other stuff? just my cheap *** 2 cents, but otherwise there are a lot of Stune exhaust users on there, search for their threads. GL
Old 05-02-2010, 07:35 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the tips on the nismo are not angled..they are straight ..ill try to find a pic to post up...i love the nismo exhaust...loved it with stock cats and now i have berk test pipes and motordyne xyz w/ resonator and it sounds great matched with them...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guess i dont have any straight on shots on my computer..heres one i have that shows from a side angle though..search around and you will find some
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with Nismo S-tune exhaust?-high-res-8.jpg  
Old 05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by teh_ginger
Anyone with Nismo S-tune exhaust?
Doubt it. How long has it been out?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
SoldzMyZ

I have the nismo exhaust which I bought used two years ago for $450! I would definitely buy used if I were you as its the same thing! It was in perfect shape. I would definitely put the money towards a quality paint job. I installed it myself of course but I believe these are brand new for 1200-1300. Awesome exhaust. Also the exhaust tips do angle upwards a bit compared to the stock exhaust. It give an nice aggressive look for the stock bumper.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It should look fine.

Last edited by Waiz; 05-02-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 PM
pacfwu

I saw a picture about a year or so ago with a normal z that had the nismo body kit added to it and had the s-tune exhaust. It looked like crap and I wish I woulda saved it so I could show how bad it looked.

The factory nismo exhaust is tucked up and mostly hidden by the bumper, but the s-tune hangs down just like the standard z muffler and is completely visible on our cars. The tips looked fine. A little on the small side, but not too bad. It was the way the muffler was laid out what looked bad. The normal Z rear bumper hangs lower and makes it look good, but with how open our bumpers are it just doesn't fit.

If you've got access to a normal Z's stock muffler, see if you can borrow it just to fit up to your car and see what it looks like. The tips are going to be look just a little smaller because of the oval shape, and the muffler will be polished instead of black, but it'll give you an idea of how it'll look. Maybe you'll like it and wanna spend the money to get an s-tune exhaust, but IMO, none of the mufflers that are built for the standard car to retain the stock muffler layout will look good on a Nismo.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:47 PM
bobruggiero

Anyone have one for sale? I'm looking to buy one. I can offer instant payment by paypal. Shoot me a PM if you have one or know someone with a NISMO for Sale! Thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:07 PM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
there are a lot of exhausts to be had in the 1K range that are very nice. just a thought since youre about to drop 3K on a system.
But why not get a nismo exhaust system used with a few miles for <1K and use the 2K for a whole lot of other stuff? just my cheap *** 2 cents, but otherwise there are a lot of Stune exhaust users on there, search for their threads. GL
I definitely wouldn't mind finding a used one (provided it's minty fresh) seeing as this is more or less an experiment...unless I can luck out and find some pictures of it installed with the V3 rear bumper.

The trouble here for me is finding something that I like both the sound AND look of. It seems damn near everything offers either one or the other.

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
the tips on the nismo are not angled..they are straight ..ill try to find a pic to post up...i love the nismo exhaust...loved it with stock cats and now i have berk test pipes and motordyne xyz w/ resonator and it sounds great matched with them...
Yeah, I absolutely love the sound when mated to test pipes or HFC's. Nice to hear you've got the Motordyne XYZ too...I was thinking about utilizing that particular piece. Tony makes a great product.

The tips are definitely positioned at more of an angle from my perspective...they aren't parallel to the ground as are the ones on the factory 07/08 Nismo exhaust.

Originally Posted by booey1979
I have the nismo exhaust which I bought used two years ago for $450! I would definitely buy used if I were you as its the same thing! It was in perfect shape. I would definitely put the money towards a quality paint job. I installed it myself of course but I believe these are brand new for 1200-1300. Awesome exhaust. Also the exhaust tips do angle upwards a bit compared to the stock exhaust. It give an nice aggressive look for the stock bumper.
Well, I don't know about a new paint job, but I could definitely find things to do with a few hundred dollars saved.

I agree, it looks great on standard Z's, but keep I'm mind, I'm trying to figure out how those slightly angled tips will look with the V3 rear bumper. It seems subtle enough though...I'm thinking it wouldn't look bad.

Originally Posted by pacfwu
I saw a picture about a year or so ago with a normal z that had the nismo body kit added to it and had the s-tune exhaust. It looked like crap and I wish I woulda saved it so I could show how bad it looked.

The factory nismo exhaust is tucked up and mostly hidden by the bumper, but the s-tune hangs down just like the standard z muffler and is completely visible on our cars. The tips looked fine. A little on the small side, but not too bad. It was the way the muffler was laid out what looked bad. The normal Z rear bumper hangs lower and makes it look good, but with how open our bumpers are it just doesn't fit.

If you've got access to a normal Z's stock muffler, see if you can borrow it just to fit up to your car and see what it looks like. The tips are going to be look just a little smaller because of the oval shape, and the muffler will be polished instead of black, but it'll give you an idea of how it'll look. Maybe you'll like it and wanna spend the money to get an s-tune exhaust, but IMO, none of the mufflers that are built for the standard car to retain the stock muffler layout will look good on a Nismo.
I suppose I'll have to keep searching the internet for pics.

I know what you mean about our stock muffler being tucked away...it's quite nice. But unfortunately, there really isn't another exhaust specifically designed for the V3 rear bumper. So the only options I'm left with are the dual canister style mufflers (Motordyne Gamma, HKS, etc...) or the center mounted mufflers (Tanabe Touring Medallion, Amuse R1, Fujitsubo, NISMO, etc...). I just don't personally care for the appearance of the canisters...looks saggy and isn't symmetrical.

I am going to see if someone local has the exhaust though, so I can go check it out and perhaps get it mounted up to the car. Even a stock Z exhaust wouldn't be a bad idea, as you suggested...just to get an idea.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by davidv
Doubt it. How long has it been out?
I'm guessing that with 35k posts, there's a bit of underlying sarcasm.

I'm specifically looking for an 07/08 NISMO 350Z owner with this exhaust setup, hence why I posted it in this specific subforum.

It's been out for quite some time.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

buy a used one and switch out the tips with your current nismo tips...

problem solved for all under a grand
Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

if you find an exhaust that you love in terms of sound, and can find a used nismo one for like 500-900 bucks, why not pay an extra 100 or 200 for an exhaust shop to modify the look of the exhaust so that you walk away spending 700-1200 dollars for what you consider a perfect setup according to your earlier post; amazing sound and flows with your look
Old 05-03-2010, 04:24 AM
mistanismo

having had a similar muffler on my nismo for a short while (apexi ws2) I can tell you it's going to look pretty shitty.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 AM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by KingBaby
buy a used one and switch out the tips with your current nismo tips...

problem solved for all under a grand
Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
if you find an exhaust that you love in terms of sound, and can find a used nismo one for like 500-900 bucks, why not pay an extra 100 or 200 for an exhaust shop to modify the look of the exhaust so that you walk away spending 700-1200 dollars for what you consider a perfect setup according to your earlier post; amazing sound and flows with your look
This would be the plan....just still not certain that a simple tip swap would do the trick, given the design of the muffler and how it sits once installed.

Originally Posted by mistanismo
having had a similar muffler on my nismo for a short while (apexi ws2) I can tell you it's going to look pretty shitty.
Any pics by chance?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Ser-J

I've got a nismo 350z and i've been thinking of possibly getting nismo S-tune exhaust, but now hearing this, i really would like to see pics as well before making a decision.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
StoneZtech

Just do this, buy the NISMO s-tune mid and y-pipes. Keep the stock OEM NISMO Muff and have an good shop replace your stock pipes with the s-tune.

The sound will change I can tell you that. That way you keep the nice look of the OEM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 PM
teh_ginger

Originally Posted by StoneZtech
Just do this, buy the NISMO s-tune mid and y-pipes. Keep the stock OEM NISMO Muff and have an good shop replace your stock pipes with the s-tune.

The sound will change I can tell you that. That way you keep the nice look of the OEM.
It's nearly impossible to find just the Y-pipe and mid section. And there's something special in that rear muffler...don't quite know what. But there really isn't another exhaust out there that replicates the sound.

I don't think the S-tune mid pipe would bolt up to a Nismo's rear muffler section either.

Right now, I'm thinking that worst case scenario--if it looks awful--I can have an exhaust shop reposition the hangers and have the exit pipes (not just the tips) from my OEM exhaust welded onto the S-tune muffler.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Ser-J

Here we go, found it, bunch of pics in this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/...-exhausts.html

Last edited by Ser-J; 05-06-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Ser-J

Originally Posted by Ser-J
Here we go, found it, bunch of pics in this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/...-exhausts.html
Nvm, i realized there was not a single picture of nismo s-tune exhaust in that thread........

Quick Reply: Anyone with Nismo S-tune exhaust?