Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Straffe/DTM

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:33 PM
traviswalker007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straffe/DTM

I have asked these guys for a complete price on a superlagger kit for my 07 nismo, and thus far I am disapointed at the lack of intellegence i have seen thus far. the first response back was about 8 words, and the second was about 10, and a are you ready to order! like im in line at taco bell or something. I asked for a complete kit, and they send me some off the wall, front rear and sides, ok what is that? does it come with fender liners for the vents? ooh no those are extra, well a wing, no thats extra, ok!!! how bout a hood, yes it does come with a VIS racing hood. So im thinking thats not a complete kit, and VIS hoods are not the one on the SL, so do they think were idiots or what. I even asked for the right wheels to go with it, no response yet, but a "are you ready to order, 1395 thats an awsome deal" deal for what, its not what im asking. So here it is do you have what i want or not, is it that hard .. I mean really, either you have the complete kit or you dont, if i have to spend 10k an order from japan than tell me, bit dont try and sell me something you know nothing about. And further more, the pics i requested, they say look at my post and you will see one, but its got donought tires on it and its a shot of the front of the car, no rear, no sides. Is this typical of the vendors on here or what. ok..im off my soap box, anybody else
Old 12-11-2010, 09:37 PM
calin
Banned

Old 12-11-2010, 09:37 PM
BlackFaytZ

I believe they are talking about a replica version of the amuse superleggera for $1,395. Please don't get the replica. It looks like shiet. People who are well informed can spot that its a replica and will call you out on it. You will be humiliated.

If your looking for the legit Superleggera Kit, you should try asking adam @ Z1 performance Inc. If i remember correctly, they helped out somebody get that kit on their Z. Their site www.z1auto.com or look em up under sponsors . Be prepared to dish out 10k~

good luck. it a sicck looking kit. makes me want to get a white Z and the kit with it
Old 12-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Some dude on the forum is still selling his M1 replica SL kit from the small batch that they made.

He bought it and never installed it, just search for it.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:06 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just curious why you spent the extra money for a Nismo, and then want to change the body kit kinda defeats the purpose
Old 12-12-2010, 07:29 AM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^Wondering the same thing^^^
Old 12-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
I'm just curious why you spent the extra money for a Nismo, and then want to change the body kit kinda defeats the purpose
well, with all due respect, most of what makes a NISMO special is under the sheetmetal. The body kit, while certainly unique, and expensive, is only part of the equation. FWIW, the genuine demo car from Amuse is based on a 380RS, which is even more special and unique than a normal NISMO

secondly, given the price of a full genuine NISMO kit, one could probably part out the various components and do quite well towards a proper aftermarket kit

as for all version x or version y of the genuine SL kit, they are all the same, and none of them are direct replicas. Again, that's part of why Amuse priced the kit as high as they did - one reason was because it is made in very, very small quantities, and the second result in doing so, is that they were discouraging replicas.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by traviswalker007
thus far I am disapointed at the lack of intellegence i have seen thus far.
Irony?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 AM
huyrua

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
Originally Posted by traviswalker007
I have asked these guys for a complete price on a superlagger kit for my 07 nismo, and thus far I am disapointed at the lack of intellegence i have seen thus far. the first response back was about 8 words, and the second was about 10, and a are you ready to order! like im in line at taco bell or something. I asked for a complete kit, and they send me some off the wall, front rear and sides, ok what is that? does it come with fender liners for the vents? ooh no those are extra, well a wing, no thats extra, ok!!! how bout a hood, yes it does come with a VIS racing hood. So im thinking thats not a complete kit, and VIS hoods are not the one on the SL, so do they think were idiots or what. I even asked for the right wheels to go with it, no response yet, but a "are you ready to order, 1395 thats an awsome deal" deal for what, its not what im asking. So here it is do you have what i want or not, is it that hard .. I mean really, either you have the complete kit or you dont, if i have to spend 10k an order from japan than tell me, bit dont try and sell me something you know nothing about. And further more, the pics i requested, they say look at my post and you will see one, but its got donought tires on it and its a shot of the front of the car, no rear, no sides. Is this typical of the vendors on here or what. ok..im off my soap box, anybody else
Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Irony?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:14 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I see an infinite backorder in your future.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:59 PM
AZHR

^^^^
Old 12-12-2010, 02:20 PM
huyrua

^^^^
Old 12-12-2010, 02:35 PM
SQBassHead

Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I would do the fenders and the sides anyday...

anyday

I pm'd strafe aswell they said next year
Old 12-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

it's a company that is reselling replica items. they cannot afford to be too knowledgeable or provide too much customer service. little room for profit.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:32 AM
andyone

I'am looking for fenders and sides too.
If someone know where I can get it please pm
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 AM
traviswalker007

Default yes sir

Well said, the nismo is as unique under the metal as above it. If i could find a decent kit i would be willing to sell/trade my body kit for the SL. If i could find a company that has experience with this project but it seems as though many are just fly by nightmares looking for an extra buck. I also looked at there website and it looks like they paint Lamborghini and Ferrari as well but after looking closer at the pics, there from another website so i doubt there legit or have the knowledge to perform any type of conversion. if you have any ideas on my delema please let me know.

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
well, with all due respect, most of what makes a NISMO special is under the sheetmetal. The body kit, while certainly unique, and expensive, is only part of the equation. FWIW, the genuine demo car from Amuse is based on a 380RS, which is even more special and unique than a normal NISMO

secondly, given the price of a full genuine NISMO kit, one could probably part out the various components and do quite well towards a proper aftermarket kit

as for all version x or version y of the genuine SL kit, they are all the same, and none of them are direct replicas. Again, that's part of why Amuse priced the kit as high as they did - one reason was because it is made in very, very small quantities, and the second result in doing so, is that they were discouraging replicas.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, if you're after the genuine kit, let us know, as we have supplied it before, and can get another one fairly easily - downside of course if the price

Anyone can paint a Lambo or Ferrari fwiw - I know bodyshops in our area all tend to have them frequently. The quality of the work is what speaks for itself, and I've personally seen stuff that ranged from exquisite, to horrendous, even on such expensive cars. Problem is that people see those high end cars and assume it's a high end shop, without taking into consideration that perhaps that shop is buying/reselling used, wrecked exotics at auction, etc. There is alot of recycling that goes on with those cars from what I've seen. I went through this on a bit of a personal level. My fathers car (nothing special) got into bit of a parking lot incident, and he called insurance and brought it to the place they suggested. He told me about all the expensive cars that were there when the car was dropped off. Got the car back on time, paint matched horribly, and it had no depth to it, was very flat, and there was a run. Meanwhile, we're not a body shop, but one of the guys that works for me is as good a painter as I've ever seen. My whole car was done in house, and we don't even have a booth, and it is fantastic. All because of the time, materials and attention to detail we took during the process. Bottom line, is there are always shops, no matter where you are in the country that can accomodate a kit like this. Go to some local shows, speak to local enthusiasts (I find muscle car shows to give you a broader scope to choose from as that typical owner is older, and pickier), and then speak to the shops and go with whomever you feel most comfortable with, and who outlines exactly what they are doing and what they are using material wise.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 AM
gotjuice_00

i calledl DTM and they said they never heard of Strafe or recieve any product for painting from them. They just joined as of November, no itrader, No paypal, sending CC over email. No thank you for now. Until i see some legit deals goes through then i'll order mine.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM
traviswalker007

Default Thanks

I would be willing to talk to about this kit, i would also like to know what major diffrences would there be in a fake kit vs the real deal? are the diffrences suttle or are they major? would the body fitment be the same for both kits, obviously im not buying the dry carbon but the fiberglass so what could really be the eye catcher between the two. I am open to either and would like z-1 performance to work with me on a fair completed quote, if you can find a fake that is identical im game, if not would the 8k difrence be enough to really tell the two apart, i mean seriously. I would like a turn key price, i ship my car two you and u send me back a SL. Also what could i expect to get for my nismo kit? i mean the car is mint with only 22k. Lets talk about a possible project for you. as far as the wheels, what would i need as i have 20x10 SSR on all 4, would i need a wider wheel.

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Well, if you're after the genuine kit, let us know, as we have supplied it before, and can get another one fairly easily - downside of course if the price

Anyone can paint a Lambo or Ferrari fwiw - I know bodyshops in our area all tend to have them frequently. The quality of the work is what speaks for itself, and I've personally seen stuff that ranged from exquisite, to horrendous, even on such expensive cars. Problem is that people see those high end cars and assume it's a high end shop, without taking into consideration that perhaps that shop is buying/reselling used, wrecked exotics at auction, etc. There is alot of recycling that goes on with those cars from what I've seen. I went through this on a bit of a personal level. My fathers car (nothing special) got into bit of a parking lot incident, and he called insurance and brought it to the place they suggested. He told me about all the expensive cars that were there when the car was dropped off. Got the car back on time, paint matched horribly, and it had no depth to it, was very flat, and there was a run. Meanwhile, we're not a body shop, but one of the guys that works for me is as good a painter as I've ever seen. My whole car was done in house, and we don't even have a booth, and it is fantastic. All because of the time, materials and attention to detail we took during the process. Bottom line, is there are always shops, no matter where you are in the country that can accomodate a kit like this. Go to some local shows, speak to local enthusiasts (I find muscle car shows to give you a broader scope to choose from as that typical owner is older, and pickier), and then speak to the shops and go with whomever you feel most comfortable with, and who outlines exactly what they are doing and what they are using material wise.