Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

350hp for Nissan 370Z!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Lento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
okay it has a different suspension, and a body kit with a design flaw in the rear end.

Fortunately Nissan realized it was way too busy and fixed it for the nismo 370. They also realized that the nismo edition should come with more power, its better marketing and it actually might make this nismo edition special. Unlike previous nismo editions, this one is actually worth the higher price tag.
^Get 'em Solo

For starters I think the Nismo 350Z was worth the higher price tag. You are paying all the aero parts, wheels, suspension, dampers, welding, and time Autech spent tuning it to perform so well in the handling department. If you bought a Z and tried to add all those things plus installation you would be way over the MSRP, plus I dont care what anyone says, unless you are a professional tuner, just because you add stiffer springs and other "performance" upgrades they may not work with the setup of the car.

I think you can always say "O man I wish I waited and could have bought xyz car now" but the point is most of the time you don't know what is comming out in the future and you need a car now

There is always going to be better version around the corner and I am pumped Nissan is adding the Nismo, as which looks like, a perment trim to the 350Z line, but if I didn't buy my car when I did, I wouldn't have had an absolute ball for the last year and a half.

I think with the Nismo 370 looks great and after 5 years or so with my 350 Nismo I will probably get the 370.

If you think about it the new 370Z Nismo is almost Porsche territory at 3300 lbs and 350 hp and I personally would take a FR car like the Nissan over a RR car lke the 911 any day because I find it easier to control when you get in a hairy situation.

I wonder if they will paint the front splitter and sideskirts that grey color like they did on the Nismo 350Z or just leave it all as the car color.

I'm interested to see if they will limit production on the 370 Nismo as they did with the 350 Nismo as they had a lot of trouble moving them off the lots.

Last edited by Lento; 04-08-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:56 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
okay it has a different suspension, and a body kit with a design flaw in the rear end.

Fortunately Nissan realized it was way too busy and fixed it for the nismo 370. They also realized that the nismo edition should come with more power, its better marketing and it actually might make this nismo edition special. Unlike previous nismo editions, this one is actually worth the higher price tag.
Too busy? It was functional. I am willing to bet it is more functional over the 370z rear bumper. I agree that it has nver really looked that great, but I rather have function over form.

The NISMO 350Z they could not put more power without having to spend a ton of money to get the car re-certified again for emissions and everything else they go through when they change the power levels of a engine. With a new car, they can do that as they planned on it from the beginning. A member in our club saw the NISMO 370z 8-9 months ago in Japan and he could not talk about it. He now can, as the car is released and mentioned they asked him what they would like to see in the car. He told them exactly what we see now. Leave it as the design you see above, give it a power bump as the last one didn't have it (they smiled when he said that). So they listend and did what they were recommended from consumers. Glad Nissan listened. This car will probably be in my stable eventually but not for a few years as I refuse to take the hit of buying one MSRP again.

Sadly I don't agree with your last sentence. 350Z Nismo was well worth the price tag as it has performed very good on the the tracks.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 04-08-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 AM
A.H

Only question I have is with the bolt-ons for that car. Engine power wise, the edmunds article stated that the extra power from 333 to 350 comes from a new cat-back exhaust and ECU tuning.

Does that mean that with the Stillen exhaust and the exact same aftermarket tune from Uprev/Technosquare yield the same WHP numbers as a normal 370 in theory?

And I don't understand why they can't make the Nismo have the option to add leather and a navi. I understand it's track oriented but if your getting the top of the line model, you shouldn't ahve to compromise if you don't want to imo. I woudl think people woudl want all the Nismo's performance and looks and combine it with leather and nav for a porsche killer but that's just me. I like me my nav
Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by A.H
Only question I have is with the bolt-ons for that car. Engine power wise, the edmunds article stated that the extra power from 333 to 350 comes from a new cat-back exhaust and ECU tuning.

Does that mean that with the Stillen exhaust and the exact same aftermarket tune from Uprev/Technosquare yield the same WHP numbers as a normal 370 in theory?

And I don't understand why they can't make the Nismo have the option to add leather and a navi. I understand it's track oriented but if your getting the top of the line model, you shouldn't ahve to compromise if you don't want to imo. I woudl think people woudl want all the Nismo's performance and looks and combine it with leather and nav for a porsche killer but that's just me. I like me my nav
I like the cloth seats, I feel a lot more "stuck" in them when going around hard corners, plus leather and Nav add weight. Plus if you really want a nav I think I would rather get one at Best Buy for 200 than 1000-2000 they charge to have it in the car. Unless it has some kind of crazy way it pops out of the dash... then its worth it

Plus you are paying the same price as the Grand Touring because you basicly take out the luxuries and the money is spent on performance. I think if you added the leather and Nav and power seats and the lot, you would be talking another $5,000 on the price tag and they will have priced themselves out of the market

I kind of like how they don't give you the option because it means the people who buy this car buy it stricly performace and not just the looks. There is nothing worse in the world than seeing some girl in a porsche who has never been past 3,000 RPMs and bought the car for the price tag and the looks.

People like that should be shot..... No offense

O when I am king

Last edited by Lento; 04-08-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:35 AM
robertinmesa

thats worth upgrading for. nice
Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 AM
only350z

Originally Posted by Ataru074
****.. I was looking for a dd
I'll end up with 2 dd track car
DO IT~!! Then give me a ride.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Lento
If you think about it the new 370Z Nismo is almost Porsche territory at 3300 lbs and 350 hp and I personally would take a FR car like the Nissan over a RR car lke the 911 any day because I find it easier to control when you get in a hairy situation.

I wonder if they will paint the front splitter and sideskirts that grey color like they did on the Nismo 350Z or just leave it all as the car color.

I'm interested to see if they will limit production on the 370 Nismo as they did with the 350 Nismo as they had a lot of trouble moving them off the lots.
Totally agree with the contrast on the front bumper as well as it being a more "user friendly" track car than an RR. If they could throw in some GTR bucket seats, it could go for a little more in msrp. Seats make a world of difference in premium "performance variants".

As far as moving them off the lots, I don't think Nissan will have the same problem they had with the Nismo 350z. The current Nismo was a little late in the production run. It's a great car for your Z enthusiast but aside from aesthetics, the handling improvements seemed too marginal (to your average joe) for it to fly out the dealer lots. Besides, most Z nuts already had a 350z by then.

This new Z34 Nismo seems like it's more well thought out with the power increase. Theres also probably other bells and whistles implimented from the ground up to make it a distinguished trim...rivaling demands for the premium TRACK model when the Z33 first debuted in '02.

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 04-08-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 AM
A.H

I like the cloth seats, I feel a lot more "stuck" in them when going around hard corners, plus leather and Nav add weight. Plus if you really want a nav I think I would rather get one at Best Buy for 200 than 1000-2000 they charge to have it in the car. Unless it has some kind of crazy way it pops out of the dash... then its worth it

Plus you are paying the same price as the Grand Touring because you basicly take out the luxuries and the money is spent on performance. I think if you added the leather and Nav and power seats and the lot, you would be talking another $5,000 on the price tag and they will have priced themselves out of the market

I kind of like how they don't give you the option because it means the people who buy this car buy it stricly performace and not just the looks. There is nothing worse in the world than seeing some girl in a porsche who has never been past 3,000 RPMs and bought the car for the price tag and the looks.

People like that should be shot..... No offense

O when I am king
You see, you like the cloth seats, not everybody will though. And the nismo is priced very close to the grand touring which you said, and the nav is $1800 and I'm pretty sure they could offer a pacakage for 3-4k more for leather/nav and some other luxuary. I'm just saying it wouldn't kill them to have the OPTION avaliable.

Because OEM Nav just simply owns afternmarket nav, and I wouldn't mind to have some sporter buckets from the factory. I'm just saying there would be potential buyers for every type of trim but I guess they decided it's not worth it.

And I understand it adds weight but Porsche still manages to throw in leather/nav to almost every sports car they have, at least it's an option. After all, the Z has become a balance of performance/luxury and it woudl just bother me that I have to give up the leather/nav in my car to get a more expensive car. I just don't want to make the compromise and for a higher price tag I don't think I should have to. This is just imo. Sorry for the rant, IDK if I even make any sense
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR

As far as moving them off the lots, I don't think Nissan will have the same problem they had with the Nismo 350z. The current Nismo was a little late in the production run. It's a great car for your Z enthusiast but aside from aesthetics, the handling improvements seemed too marginal (to your average joe) for it to fly out the dealer lots. Besides, most Z nuts already had a 350z by then.
I think dealers had difficulty moving the 350z Nismo because of 2 reasons, the first being that it was late in the production run and some people had a "wait and see" attitude knowing the 370 would be coming out soon. But one of the reasons the Nismo was added (aside from qualifying the body kit for racing) was to draw people into dealerships and freshen up a car on it's way to retirement.

But the 2nd problem was dealerships. Since the car was numbered and marketed as the ultimate performance version/limited edition car, some dealers were trying to charge a premium well over MSRP for them. I think quite a few members on here that were the first to buy the Nismos had to pay a little over MSRP. My local dealership was trying to sell theirs for $50k!

If you've got the general public (which is not as educated as an enthusiast) coming in, looking at the markup and thinking it really was a $50k car, they're not likely to be buying it. Then when someone mentions the car and they say something about it costing 50 grand, that's going to potentially turn off that guy as well. Several people I talked to were shocked that I picked mine up for 36 grand when they thought the price tag was way higher up.

I think quite a few dealerships were trying to do this and ended up having them sitting on lots too long. Without a power increase, most people would just think the car was a normal Z with an ostentacious body kit and might opt for the standard car based on the outrageous markup on the Nismo model.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by A.H
You see, you like the cloth seats, not everybody will though. And the nismo is priced very close to the grand touring which you said, and the nav is $1800 and I'm pretty sure they could offer a pacakage for 3-4k more for leather/nav and some other luxuary. I'm just saying it wouldn't kill them to have the OPTION avaliable.
I think you miss the point of the car then. The Nismo model isn't for everybody. I would hesitate to say that either the 350 or 370 Nismo is "stripped out", since both cars are based on a lower trim level of their respective Z (350z enthusiast, 370z base with performance package) and don't really delete anything for weight savings. But these cars are meant for the more hard-core enthusiast and if you want the luxuries, that's fine, they make a trim level for that (grand touring and touring plus performance package). Besides, most guys that need to have heated, power, leather seats would probably complain about the ride being too harsh, etc.

I will say, however, that it would be nice if they had an Alcantera option for a few bucks more to the manual seats and steering wheel like the GT3 RS. I think that would give the car a little bit more of an upscale feel with a bit of exclusivity while still keeping the "race" feel from having the grippy fabric or adding any significant weight.

Last edited by pacfwu; 04-08-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Diesel350

Moar High Res pics!!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Maresh@Blackline
Vendor - Former Vendor

arent those the exact same wheels as the sport package though?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by A.H

Because OEM Nav just simply owns afternmarket nav, and I wouldn't mind to have some sporter buckets from the factory. I'm just saying there would be potential buyers for every type of trim but I guess they decided it's not worth it.

And I understand it adds weight but Porsche still manages to throw in leather/nav to almost every sports car they have, at least it's an option. After all, the Z has become a balance of performance/luxury and it woudl just bother me that I have to give up the leather/nav in my car to get a more expensive car. I just don't want to make the compromise and for a higher price tag I don't think I should have to. This is just imo. Sorry for the rant, IDK if I even make any sense
^ No you make sense, but I was also thinking about the G37. If you do all this to the Z you might be limiting the G37 sales. I think you might be in the minority (maybe not) that wants a hard core sports car with organ jiggling suspension to have comfy leather seats and Nav. I'm guess that if a car like that would sell to the masses they would put it in as options.

I personally would like racing seats in the Nismo, hell even a 6 point harness, and a Nismo shift **** standard,

You make a good point with Porsche adding all that stuff in for the same weight. Anyone know what the differences are that allows them to do this. Maybe a porsche is smaller over all. I mean I think I would fit more comfortably in the trunk of my Z than the back seat of a Porsche (Which I have in a Carrera 4 convertable and everyone who drove by laughed because I looked like a human pretzel back there)

The only other thing I could think of is that the Nismo's which are pretty much put together by Autech would be to costly to install the options on the assembly line. (I could be completely wrong on this but just throwing ideas out there),

I mean I'm a beliver if your willing to spend the extra money you should be able to get whatever you want. Maybe with the Nismo badge they don't want to give it luxury options because it defeats the brands image..

hrmmmmm
Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Lento

Yea the more I look at these pictures they should paint the skirts, front lip, and bottom of the rear bumper in they dark grey.

The car needs some contrast. I hope they keep the gold brembo brakes and have gunmetal wheels.

I think those are some of the best featurds of the Nismo 350z

The Nismo in silver kind of looks unfinished to me. We need some pics in another color like red or black!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Mr.Squeeze

The Nismo 370 is hot I will be looking into getting one in the next 2 or 3 years.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Ataru074

Yea the more I look at these pictures they should paint the skirts, front lip, and bottom of the rear bumper in they dark grey.

The car needs some contrast. I hope they keep the gold brembo brakes and have gunmetal wheels.

I think those are some of the best featurds of the Nismo 350z

The Nismo in silver kind of looks unfinished to me. We need some pics in another color like red or black!
well... somebody that can use photoshop should have done that already...
darken silver to gunmetal is just a matter of making the mask (more or less)
Old 04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Hella

Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze
The Nismo 370 is hot I will be looking into getting one in the next 2 or 3 years.
So you will be sqeezing into one?

*cricket chirp*
Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
^Thanks Solo, I think that is exactly what they should do. Its so much more agressive looking with contrast and dark wheels, and at night it looks even better because the rotors and painted calipers shine from beneith the dark wheels

Last edited by Lento; 04-08-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Ataru074

:-o looks great! thanks!!!!

Quick Reply: 350hp for Nissan 370Z!!!!