Should I upgrade? - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion



Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #21
F34RL355
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: london
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

wait couldnt u just spend the 13k on modding? seems liek a better deal then spending 13k to upgrade and then 13k on modding, thats a whole other Z
F34RL355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #22
Mike Anthony
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't want it for modding. I was only planning on some minor modding on my 350 nismo. But as soon as I saw that brand new 370z nismo I kinda fell in love with it. Its pretty damn nice looking... especially in person. I'm fighting with the dealer via email on my trade in. I hope they crack.
Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #23
Mike Anthony
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

They only offered me 19k for my nismo. I'm trying to work them up to atleast 23k. In that case ill only have to get a loan for 42k. Ill hate myself for it afterwards cuz of the payments... but f... it. Not my people my age own nice cars B)
Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #24
Spork
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Spork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 27,619
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

You're worried about money but you insist your monthly payment will only "go up a little?"

Get the 370, *****. Enjoy your life before it ends (or you get married.)

Last edited by jerseystyle; 12-14-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #25
Mike Anthony
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I anticipated it only going up a little based on what the salesman said and what I thought I would get for the trade-in. But they screwed me on the trade-in and instead of only having to add 13k for the 370 I would now have to add 23k and lose 8k from my 350 loan. So basically, on a 5 year loan my payment would go from 424 a month to 850+ a month or around 750 a month on a 6 year loan. That's a bit more than I was expecting and seeing as I'm trying to get a mortgage loan currently, an 800 dollar car payment would pretty much ruin that for me. BUT my friend from highschool is my salesman, the company I work for buys all their ford trucks from that dealer, and my grandfather is friends with the general manager. So I'm trying to get some strings pulled and I could deal with a 600-650 a month payment. There's still a chance. I would very much like to be taking pictures of it to upload here for you guys; trust me.

P.S. I'm only 21, so I got a fair amount of life ahead of me. And I'm not gonna get married any time soon like all my idiot friends from highschool did...
Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #26
Z-Tuner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well good luck on hopefully getting some strings pulled to get your payment
down. I was also looking at something similiar. I just bought a 07' Base with
5k miles on it. And I can actually make money on selling it (got a good deal).
I paid cash and I also have a 94' Rx7 (that I own) that I was getting ready
to sell. I was thinking about selling both and getting a 2012 Nismo. I would
almost be able to pay for the whole thing. With just having to finance
around 5k. Its a nice horse power increase also. Still thinking....
I really love driving the Z though. Hugs the road nicely!
Z-Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #27
TheCanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Waste of money, buy a z32 TT and have some fun bro. More power stock with a boost controller and you get more looks. You want more power don't buy a NA car again.

My car was worth 19k at 25k miles. (nismo)

Last edited by TheCanuck; 10-12-2011 at 09:53 AM.
TheCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
Chako135
Registered User
iTrader: (31)
 
Chako135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
You're worried about money but you insist your monthly payment will only "go up a little?"

Get the 370, *****. Enjoy your life before it ends (or you get married.)
This^

Last edited by jerseystyle; 12-14-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Chako135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #29
Mike Anthony
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, I was going to do it. Until they decided to only offer me 19k for my car (I would be losing 7k) and my payment would have gone up almost 400 a month. I'm buying a house first. Then I'll blow my money on the car. Probably next year's model.

I had the financing and everything worked out, all I had to do was sign, but I couldn't make myself do it.

Last edited by Mike Anthony; 10-12-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #30
TheCanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Yes, I was going to do it. Until they decided to only offer me 19k for my car (I would be losing 7k) and my payment would have gone up almost 400 a month. I'm buying a house first. Then I'll blow my money on the car. Probably next year's model.

I had the financing and everything worked out, all I had to do was sign, but I couldn't make myself do it.
Dam dude I got mine with 14k miles for 24,000. I could personally sell it for 25,000.00 I would back off for sure.
TheCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #31
Mike Anthony
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice man. Mine was 23k but after adding the extended warrenty and the warrenty I got for my wheels and tires (I can get them replaced if I damage them) it ended up being 26k. Had 36k miles on it. But the dealer was trying to **** me over with the trade in. Definitely looking forward to next years model though
Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #32
TheCanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Nice man. Mine was 23k but after adding the extended warrenty and the warrenty I got for my wheels and tires (I can get them replaced if I damage them) it ended up being 26k. Had 36k miles on it. But the dealer was trying to **** me over with the trade in. Definitely looking forward to next years model though
Seriously look into getting a 300zx tt. I am going to eventually sell my nismo and DD my 550whp+ gt28rs z32. So much more fun than the nismo and you would never believe how many people look at this car when you drive it. Easy to pull great horsepower out of it.
TheCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #33
*Boose*
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
*Boose*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rapid City, SD Ellsworth AFB
Posts: 1,447
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm in a similar situation as you OP. I owned an 06 350Z, 10 370Z, and sold both. Now I'm looking at buying a Nismo 350Z or Nismo 370Z. Love the looks, feel, and power over the DE VQ35's. Power wise, stock for stock the Nismo 350Z's feel and are just as quick on a daily basis as the nismo 370z's. There's not much difference that the butt dyno could feel. So in that aspect you're not losing much.

Where you will lose if you decide not to purchase (for whatever reason) is the interior quality and setup. The 370Z as you know has a much much better HUD setup than the 370Z. The leather on the steering wheel and dash is a much better touch as well.

Another area as you're thinking of is cost. Spending 42k for a Nismo isn't worth it. IMHO. There's plenty to go around. If you decide you do want the Nismo going upside down isn't the best idea, unless you plan to own long term. Which you probably wont own it more then 3 years.

You and I both share the same indecisive minds and I feel like I'm talking to myself here. When I first bought my 06 350Z. All I wanted to do was trade it in for a BMW. I didn't care how upside down I would be. If it drove me into debt who cares I would own a BMW. Right? Wrong. Bought my 370Z. Loved the car. But bought it at the wrong time so I had to get rid of it, but I learned my lesson. Sort of. When I bought it. I did everything right. Shopped at everything in the price range. Sat in what I could. Drove what I could. Then I decided well there's nothing better then a 370z. Bought it and maturity set it. Do I need a 30k car? Or was my 350Z more then enough? I owned my 350Z for 3 years putting 40k miles on it. That car was fantastic and perfectly fine.

But in all honesty. I wouldn't go too far upside down for a Nismo 370Z. I'd make a few good payments on the 350Z. Then go back in. Right now you're at the dealers discretion. You're money isn't doing the talking. Had you went there with a paid off Nismo. I guarantee that they wouldn't have a problem stepping up to 23k. Let your money work for you. Don't work for your money. Now if only I could take my own advice.
*Boose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #34
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore
iTrader: (37)
 
2004Black350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 10,020
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

doesnt matter who u know at whatever dealership but their job in this economy is to FCK you over as hard and dry as possible. Takes more time plus not always the best outcome but always sell private. Just went to Carmax the other day to get a 4door)baby on the way) and i wasnt expecting much but ummm I was offered 5500$

2005 Z with 100,200 miles. Body is in almost perfect condition besides paint chip on passenger door handle. So after that I will NEVER do business with a Corporate car lot again. Also i have a background in Sales started my career at a chevy dealership so i know ins and out. But that was a smack in the face
2004Black350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #35
Mike Anthony
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Boose* View Post
I'm in a similar situation as you OP. I owned an 06 350Z, 10 370Z, and sold both. Now I'm looking at buying a Nismo 350Z or Nismo 370Z. Love the looks, feel, and power over the DE VQ35's. Power wise, stock for stock the Nismo 350Z's feel and are just as quick on a daily basis as the nismo 370z's. There's not much difference that the butt dyno could feel. So in that aspect you're not losing much.

Where you will lose if you decide not to purchase (for whatever reason) is the interior quality and setup. The 370Z as you know has a much much better HUD setup than the 370Z. The leather on the steering wheel and dash is a much better touch as well.

Another area as you're thinking of is cost. Spending 42k for a Nismo isn't worth it. IMHO. There's plenty to go around. If you decide you do want the Nismo going upside down isn't the best idea, unless you plan to own long term. Which you probably wont own it more then 3 years.

You and I both share the same indecisive minds and I feel like I'm talking to myself here. When I first bought my 06 350Z. All I wanted to do was trade it in for a BMW. I didn't care how upside down I would be. If it drove me into debt who cares I would own a BMW. Right? Wrong. Bought my 370Z. Loved the car. But bought it at the wrong time so I had to get rid of it, but I learned my lesson. Sort of. When I bought it. I did everything right. Shopped at everything in the price range. Sat in what I could. Drove what I could. Then I decided well there's nothing better then a 370z. Bought it and maturity set it. Do I need a 30k car? Or was my 350Z more then enough? I owned my 350Z for 3 years putting 40k miles on it. That car was fantastic and perfectly fine.

But in all honesty. I wouldn't go too far upside down for a Nismo 370Z. I'd make a few good payments on the 350Z. Then go back in. Right now you're at the dealers discretion. You're money isn't doing the talking. Had you went there with a paid off Nismo. I guarantee that they wouldn't have a problem stepping up to 23k. Let your money work for you. Don't work for your money. Now if only I could take my own advice.
I definitely agree with you. It's good advice. There's just something about having a new car that I was attracted to. I bought my Nismo used and it has it's imperfections. When I sat in that brand new 370 Nismo it just felt alot nicer. I did like the interior alot more. The backup camera was nice. But I had to make myself stop before I got lured in haha. I'm gonna do exactly what you suggested, be patient and pay off more of my car before I consider getting something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004Black350z View Post
doesnt matter who u know at whatever dealership but their job in this economy is to FCK you over as hard and dry as possible. Takes more time plus not always the best outcome but always sell private. Just went to Carmax the other day to get a 4door)baby on the way) and i wasnt expecting much but ummm I was offered 5500$

2005 Z with 100,200 miles. Body is in almost perfect condition besides paint chip on passenger door handle. So after that I will NEVER do business with a Corporate car lot again. Also i have a background in Sales started my career at a chevy dealership so i know ins and out. But that was a smack in the face
True story. ***holes. But it's their job. Ah well. Good luck with selling it if you haven't already!
Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #36
Lento
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,823
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I may be way off here, but I think the Nismo 350Z may be just about as fast around a track and more fun to drive than the Nismo 370Z.

Plus the Nismo 350Z can handle the track. It won't over heat on you and has excellent brembo brakes, and most importanatly a seam welded chassis.


Like I said I may be wrong but I do not thing the Nismo 370Z has a seam welded chasis and the 370's brakes do not perform as well (I think I remember Motortrend or some car magazine crashing a Nismo 370 due to poor brakes)


Sure the Nismo 370Z has more power, but I think the 350 handles better from what I have read.

However.... The Nismo 370Z is much nicer inside than the 350Z and offers more space in the trunk due to the strut bar being lowered. It does have a good amount more HP and a little more TQ but I don't know how much it plays into the "fun factor" given it may weigh a little more given the bigger engine and nicer interior.


Personally I would get whatever car gives you a bigger hard on when you get out of work and see your car in the parking lot next to a sea of Hondas and Toyotas

Last edited by Lento; 11-28-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Lento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #37
Mike Anthony
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Next year: Buy house. Same year or year after: Buy GT-R. Already got it planned out. I'm keeping the 350 Nismo until I can get my hands on a GT-R.
Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #38
davidv
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 42,793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

The bank owns the 350Z.
The bank will own the 370Z.
Its the American way.
davidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #39
jerseystyle
350Z-holic
iTrader: (22)
 
jerseystyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: FT Leonard Wood, MO
Posts: 5,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lento View Post
I may be way off here, but I think the Nismo 350Z may be just about as fast around a track and more fun to drive than the Nismo 370Z.

Plus the Nismo 350Z can handle the track. It won't over heat on you and has excellent brembo brakes, and most importanatly a seam welded chassis.


Like I said I may be wrong but I do not thing the Nismo 370Z has a seam welded chasis and the 370's brakes do not perform as well (I think I remember Motortrend or some car magazine crashing a Nismo 370 due to poor brakes)


Sure the Nismo 370Z has more power, but I think the 350 handles better from what I have read.

However.... The Nismo 370Z is much nicer inside than the 350Z and offers more space in the trunk due to the strut bar being lowered. It does have a good amount more HP and a little more TQ but I don't know how much it plays into the "fun factor" given it may weigh a little more given the bigger engine and nicer interior.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Next year: Buy house. Same year or year after: Buy GT-R. Already got it planned out. I'm keeping the 350 Nismo until I can get my hands on a GT-R.
GTR FTW
jerseystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have a CarPlay headunit yet? dcains Audio & Video 12 11-11-2015 11:36 PM
Autocross Brake Pads hajwoj Autocross/Road 27 11-01-2015 05:25 PM
FS: Oem track v.1 wheels with tires MicVelo NorCal Marketplace 9 10-04-2015 07:55 PM


Tags
350z, 370z, butt, drive, dyno, fast, feel, fun, gtr, nismo, power, upgrade, upgrading, upgradw, worth

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send