Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Some good info on the NX MAXIMIZER

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some good info on the NX MAXIMIZER

Well....I just ordered my Stage One kit with GenX-2 package and remote bottle opener from Performance Nissan. I am also looking into the maximizer for utlimate control. I called NX and they directed me to FJO Racing. FJO racing is actually the company that makes the maximizer controller for NX. They are based in Canada.

First of all, it can be programmed with a palm or a lap top or on any computer that you can get close enough to your car. The ad on the NX website would lead you to believe that you *must* have a palm. This is not true.

It appears very easy to program, and you can store multiple programs on your computer and simply load them on as desired.

I was told that I would need an analog signal source to tap into for the throttle position sensor. Anyone know where/if this can be done in the Z? According to my factory service manual, there are two TPS wires. Which one do we use and where is the best place to splice in?

Finally, where do you splice in to the rpm signal for the window switch?
Old 01-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some more MAXIMIZER info

Originally posted by Speedracer
Well....I just ordered my Stage One kit with GenX-2 package and remote bottle opener from Performance Nissan. I am also looking into the maximizer for utlimate control. I called NX and they directed me to FJO Racing. FJO racing is actually the company that makes the maximizer controller for NX. They are based in Canada.

First of all, it can be programmed with a palm or a lap top or on any computer that you can get close enough to your car. The ad on the NX website would lead you to believe that you *must* have a palm. This is not true.

It appears very easy to program, and you can store multiple programs on your computer and simply load them on as desired.

I was told that I would need an analog signal source to tap into for the throttle position sensor. Anyone know where/if this can be done in the Z? According to my factory service manual, there are two TPS wires. Which one do we use and where is the best place to splice in?

Finally, where do you splice in to the rpm signal for the window switch?
One more important piece of info......the progressive controller which can adjust the strength of the shot according to what gear you are in depends on the gear counting function to work properly. However, the maximizer doesn't actually know what gear you are in. The progressive function will only work properly if you arm in 1st gear. If you arm in third gear, for example, it will assume that 3rd gear is 1st gear,and give you the shot you intended for 1st gear, not 3rd. At least this is how I understand it.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good info!
Old 01-08-2005, 06:11 PM
mrtomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tps is pin 50 and rpm from the #1 cylinder is pin 62 this at the ECU

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ins...age_wiring.pdf

I haven't done the install on the Z yet (did it on a celica) but I was told that's the place on the Z I'll be doing this one in a few weeks.
I am not sure if it's enough to just splice into the one Cylinder for the RPM signal maybe someone who has installed a window switch on the Z can shed some light on this.
the Feb 2005 Issue of modified Magazine has a cool little article about the maximizer and some comparison results
Old 01-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by mrtomcat
tps is pin 50 and rpm from the #1 cylinder is pin 62 this at the ECU

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ins...age_wiring.pdf

I haven't done the install on the Z yet (did it on a celica) but I was told that's the place on the Z I'll be doing this one in a few weeks.
I am not sure if it's enough to just splice into the one Cylinder for the RPM signal maybe someone who has installed a window switch on the Z can shed some light on this.
the Feb 2005 Issue of modified Magazine has a cool little article about the maximizer and some comparison results

Actually I saw the article yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to read it yet