Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

nos noobie..

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006 | 07:46 PM
MR.OKKKK

Default nos noobie..

is nos safe? i heard the wet kit is safe.... wat are the stuff you need to get to started up with nos... dats safe for the engine.. sorry for being a noob..
Old 01-31-2006 | 09:09 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Step by step

1st: Go back to high school and take English all over again.
2nd: WTF is nos? Do you mean N.O.S.? Cause that's the name of a Nirtous Oxide kit.
2rd: SEARCH.. I can not say this enough... SEARCH and answers will come.
4th: Come back and ask again after steps one - three..

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 01-31-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2006 | 09:15 PM
jmcmorante

Give the guy a little break. He is liek I was when I first got here wanting fast answers.

N.O.S. can be safe if you dont abuse it however to really feel it you will have to get abusive with it. i had a 74 shoot and it was cool but nothing like a f/I set up. Also the power is not always there unless you are spraying of course. I sold it and now goign F/I since i wanted constant power and of course better gains. Nitrous will give you a good push but i wouldnt go more than a 75-100 shoot unless you build internals which at that point you better off going F/I.

if this is all your budget permits though then at least get a NX pressure gauge, A/F gauge, remote opener, and a maximizer. But I suggest if money is not problem than consider F/I.

NItrous is fun though I liked it. ENJOY!
jmcmorante

Give the guy a little break. He is liek I was when I first got here wanting fast answers.

N.O.S. can be safe if you dont abuse it however to really feel it you will have to get abusive with it. i had a 74 shoot and it was cool but nothing like a f/I set up. Also the power is not always there unless you are spraying of course. I sold it and now goign F/I since i wanted constant power and of course better gains. Nitrous will give you a good push but i wouldnt go more than a 75-100 shoot unless you build internals which at that point you better off going F/I.

if this is all your budget permits though then at least get a NX pressure gauge, A/F gauge, remote opener, and a maximizer. But I suggest if money is not problem than consider F/I.

NItrous is fun though I liked it. ENJOY!
jmcmorante

I have no idea why it posted twice I swear!

By the way consider definitely a wet kit with a wide open throttle set up!
Old 02-01-2006 | 08:14 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Actually a lot of people are running 125 shot on stock motors. It's not at all bad for you motor as long as you use the right precaustions.

Plugs is a must. Other things include A/F... It all depends how much you want to run. Anything more than 125 shot you will need some kind of EMU and perhaps some stonger internials.
Old 02-01-2006 | 07:09 PM
MR.OKKKK

Sorry if my post was very noob, but thanks for the info, it really helped alot. So basically if i do a 70shot, i would get that much boost until i use up everything? and sorry for being a noob, never really looked into N.O.S.
Old 02-01-2006 | 07:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Look man a 70 shot on a 3.5L V-6 is weak sauce you will barely feel it. But start with a 75 shot, and then imo do a minimum of 100 shot. To do it right get a wideband a/f guage to monitor under spray, and spray it on a dyno to verify a/'f's. For a wety kit search "fuel tap" to look into buying an SPT fuel tap to make your wet kit install a breeze. Once your all set enjoy the bottle....

LMAO -mv6isfast3r
Old 02-06-2006 | 09:54 AM
My03'G35

I have a N.O.S. DRY-kit what size jets should I run right now I have .40 jet on the spray nozzle and .34 jet on the vacum line. Is this good? weak / strong or what.?. I dont want to buy the converstion wet kit either. What setup are good that won't blow any thing? Thanks
Old 02-06-2006 | 10:20 AM
Sundeviljay

RedondoG is selling a kit if anyone is looking for one...
Old 02-06-2006 | 06:02 PM
Ozzie@Hppracing

N.O.S is safe 100 or 125 shot as long as your tune is on. The safest way to run it is with a full throttle switch. Some people like even a window switch which can let you run the n.o.s between the rpm band and cut off right before you shift. Hope that helps a little.

Ozzie @ hpp racing
Old 02-06-2006 | 07:34 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Step by step

2nd: WTF is nos? Do you mean N.O.S.? Cause that's the name of a Nirtous Oxide kit.
2rd? haha sorry just had to point that out
Old 02-06-2006 | 07:39 PM
faster than u

Bro im 17 years old , i started with a 65 shot on a stock z and it was like nothing , my honda was still faster. so i got one step colder plugs and slapped on the hundred shot and was satisfied. you will have a mid 12 sec car with a good driver and little mods if you do this.
Old 02-06-2006 | 07:43 PM
faster than u

First off i dont really think you need a tune because my car ran like a champ and i never had it tuned and i was on the hundred shot and sprayed the **** out of it. I would get bored driving home and would spray, so do what you want but i dont think you need a tune untill yourun anything higher than 125 shot,
My opinion
Old 02-06-2006 | 08:45 PM
Ozzie@Hppracing

Originally Posted by faster than u
First off i dont really think you need a tune because my car ran like a champ and i never had it tuned and i was on the hundred shot and sprayed the **** out of it. I would get bored driving home and would spray, so do what you want but i dont think you need a tune untill yourun anything higher than 125 shot,
My opinion

You don't need a tune. The factory ecu will dump fuel and make it rich. But if you want to get the max out of your combo a tune is the right thing to do. Because you can tune the rpm band. If you notice alot of dyno graphs show your peak power at the verrry top. With a good dyno tune you can add the timing and fuel where you need it. Also you take away the extra fuel where you don't need it. What i have noticed on dynotune's you hit your peak power at a way lower rpm and it allows you to carry it longer. So you have a longer pull in the peak power band.

Just my.02
Old 02-06-2006 | 10:15 PM
ZPatrick

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Step by step

Last edited by ZPatrick; 02-06-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2006 | 10:44 AM
Osix350Z
Banned

Originally Posted by faster than u
Bro im 17 years old , i started with a 65 shot on a stock z and it was like nothing , my honda was still faster. so i got one step colder plugs and slapped on the hundred shot and was satisfied. you will have a mid 12 sec car with a good driver and little mods if you do this.
I hope you were on street tires when you ran that 12.9... I know a guy on here running 12.9s all day with bolt ons and a reflash (on slicks). You're running a 100 shot and you're getting 12.9s?? I hope it's a traction issue.
Old 02-07-2006 | 12:31 PM
Ozzie@Hppracing

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
I hope you were on street tires when you ran that 12.9... I know a guy on here running 12.9s all day with bolt ons and a reflash (on slicks). You're running a 100 shot and you're getting 12.9s?? I hope it's a traction issue.

With bolt on's he must have a nice tune on that . That's real good dude.
Old 02-07-2006 | 01:56 PM
CpraceZ

Nitrous can be a cheap and safe solution for HP but there are a few things I suggest installing with the kit, first is a window switch what a window switch does it only allows the nitrous to spray in the RPM ranges you want it sprayed at this keeps you from hitting the rev limiter while still spraying nitrous, also I would suggest getting custom tuning done this will provide a safer setup and also provide you with more power. You can also add accessory such as a bottle warmer, bottle opener, and gauges to the setup.
Old 02-07-2006 | 02:52 PM
MySunset350Z

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
i bet you those bolt on's cost a lot more then the nitrous kit. the reflash on its own is almost enough to cover the cost of a basic efi kit. adding in the cost of the other over priced bolt-on's, im sure your way over what any good nitrous system would cost you.

however 12.9's is a bit slow for a 65 shot. im getting consistant 12.6's wit a 75 shot on slicks.

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 02-07-2006 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: nos noobie..