Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Question about micro switch and arm switch in Dynotune kit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:23 PM
ZZcorollaVV_Ti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about micro switch and arm switch in Dynotune kit.

Hello, everyone, sorry if this question seems dumb and obvious, but I just need to make sure. I'm going over the install manual for the dynotune nitrous kit for the HR engine. Basically, I want to know how to activate the nitrous. Do I just turn the "arm" switch to on, then go wide open throttle. The thing is, I only want the nitrous in gears 3-4. So do I turn the arm switch to on on 3rd gear, then off on 5th gear? Will turning it on and off like that repeatedly after each run ruin anything in my car? If it matters, I'm going to run a 75 shot to see how things are, and then move up to a 125 shot.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:55 PM
powermark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the great part of solenoids is you can wire them any way you want, meaning, you can make your window switch a ground or power trigger. Ground trigger is the easiest. One side of your solenoid is wired 12v hot, the other side will go to the activation side (top side) of your toggle switch. The bottom part of the toggle will go to your microswitch (WOT switch) and then the other side of the microswitch you just simply ground to the nearest point. So when you flip the switch AND when the WOT microswitch is activated, it relays the ground to the solenoid.

You can also wire this completely opposite with power going thru the switches, but ground switching is cleaner wiring.

You don't want to run nitrous for extended periods of time in long gears, it creates more stress than running in lower gears. Wait a few minutes between spraying and you shouldn't spray longer than 12-15 seconds at a time.

Honestly, I dont know why you guys are getting the dynotune kits for your HRs, you have to rig the switch to work on your gas pedal since it is drive by wire. But then on the Zex kits, fully integrates the TPS so you dont have to hassle with all of that.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
GooDy151

Dynotune cheaper maybe ?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 AM
powermark

Yea, but come on. If you owned a $5000 Honda I'd understand, but why not own a better, cleaner operating on your $30k car for like an extra $100 or so?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM
GooDy151

Originally Posted by powermark
Yea, but come on. If you owned a $5000 Honda I'd understand, but why not own a better, cleaner operating on your $30k car for like an extra $100 or so?
Dynotune has the TPS(get signal from throttle body) like ZEX kit.
It just sold separately.

Chill man ! I don't use both. I just guess answering your question. I'm not trying to support Dynotune or something. Jeezzzz
Old 02-27-2009, 11:44 AM
ZZcorollaVV_Ti

the great part of solenoids is you can wire them any way you want, meaning, you can make your window switch a ground or power trigger. Ground trigger is the easiest. One side of your solenoid is wired 12v hot, the other side will go to the activation side (top side) of your toggle switch. The bottom part of the toggle will go to your microswitch (WOT switch) and then the other side of the microswitch you just simply ground to the nearest point. So when you flip the switch AND when the WOT microswitch is activated, it relays the ground to the solenoid.

You can also wire this completely opposite with power going thru the switches, but ground switching is cleaner wiring.

You don't want to run nitrous for extended periods of time in long gears, it creates more stress than running in lower gears. Wait a few minutes between spraying and you shouldn't spray longer than 12-15 seconds at a time.

Honestly, I dont know why you guys are getting the dynotune kits for your HRs, you have to rig the switch to work on your gas pedal since it is drive by wire. But then on the Zex kits, fully integrates the TPS so you dont have to hassle with all of that.
Thank you! Everything I needed to know and then some.

The dynotune was bought used, so it was much MUCH cheaper, because it also came with extras.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 PM
powermark

Originally Posted by GooDy151
Dynotune has the TPS(get signal from throttle body) like ZEX kit.
It just sold separately.

Chill man ! I don't use both. I just guess answering your question. I'm not trying to support Dynotune or something. Jeezzzz

Im not stressed
Old 02-27-2009, 02:12 PM
GooDy151

Im not stressed
Hey did you install the kit by yourself ?
I'm going install them myself I might need to ask you somethings later on.
Hope you will be happy to help me out.