Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Nitrous Won't Spray

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:43 PM
BiGGD198

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Won't Spray

ok so im in a dilemma with my nitrous.

Zex Kit with DynoTune Nitrous Center Gauge and Dynotune Window Switch.

everything works correctly, arms, TPS is set. When i rev to 3200 rpms, i get the one digit and when i go WOT, i get 1.1.0 on my window switch meaning everything is working properly.

My concern is i went to go tune today and for some odd reason i didnt feel the power, which means it didnt spray. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

When i programmed the WS and did my voltage, my WOT voltage is 4.3.
My only solution is i heard the ZEX box needs 4.5V to activate, and since my voltage is 4.3, its not activating, but it doesnt make sense if im using the WS to control the TPS?

Any ideas or help would be great, because i have a feeling this is something very very simple.

PS, bottle was open all the way, pressure was ~1000, and didnt feel a bog or lag or no backfire from just fuel being sprayed through 3rd gear.

Thanks
Dan
Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Double check your wiring. Make sure all of it is correct. I was having the same problem where everything was correct but my solenoids would not fire. The one power wire to the solenoids was crimped but I guess it wasn't good enough, so I soldered it and it fixed my problem. Check your grounds also that they are good.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:14 AM
BiGGD198

thanks for the help man, but i triple checked the wires over and over, and soldered everything. grounds are good.

i really cant figure out the problem.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
garym

I've been having a similar problem with my Zex set-up.
Everything checks out wiring wise. I've even re-wired 2 more times after Zex gave me some suggestions (like directly wiring groundS to battery ground).

If I engage my nitrous without the window switch connected, it sprays fine, no problems, but that's not safe or good on motor.
But if I connect the switch and try, sometimes it sprays for 1 second then shuts off.
Other times when I engage it, it goes on-off-on-off and bounces my head between the steering wheel and the seat.

I've been on the line with Zex several times, and I'm now on the 3rd window switch, and get the same results.
They even sent me a resistor to go in-line to the TPS, but that didn't help.
They tested the last unit before they sent it to me, and they checked the 2nd one I returned, and they both worked fine for them.

Next thing I'm going to try is bypassing the NX control panel I'm using, and wiring everything separately.
Obviously it is a problem with my system since the window switches work fine for Zex.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:09 AM
BiGGD198

damn sorry to hear that garym....yeah if i cant figure out a solution, im gona rip everything out, pack it up nicely, sell it, and get a supercharger....screw this man, i really hate taking everything apart after i put so much time and effort into this, but i cant keep wasting time.

anyone ever experience this before and have insight?
everything i purchased is brand new....and i know for a fact my zex box sprays because before i wired my windowswitch, i checked to see if zex works, and i didnt have my TPS wire hooked up correctly, and it randomly sprayed from the box out of my hood when i armed it.

Thanks
Dan
Old 07-23-2009, 08:54 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Biggd198, have you seen this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/nitrous-oxi...s-trigger.html

Didn't read it all the way, i have it in my subscriptions. Maybe it could shed some light.

Instead of ripping it all out, get a tpms switch and buy new solenoids, lol. Hardest part about nitrous is the wiring, hardest part about FI is everything, lol, j/k
Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 AM
absurdparadox

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First, I should mention that I know literally zero about the Zex box aside from that its their ugly purple

So, you have the window switches "out" wire connected to the firing wire on the Zex box, I assume? You mentioned the Zex box needs 4.5v to fire -- can you confirm this? Will voltage OVER that amount make it fire? I have no idea if its true, but I wonder if the Window Switch just sets out 12v on its output wire, and the Zex sees too much, and then won't fire?

If that is true, maybe you can train the Zex box with a 12v input? Or perhaps, like the DynoTune lean shut down switch, you can put it into a mode where any voltage counts as a trigger?