Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Nitrous install on 05 FX35 AWD questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
TheGreatBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Start a 3.5K; there's no need to go lower and it only increases the chance of you breaking things.

Plenum spacer is different than a throttle body spacer. You tap between your MAF and TB, usually less than 12" away from the TB.

Tune with whatever you can afford and whatever your tuner is comfortable with. UTEC, UpRev, Cobb, E-Manage are all within your budget.

Again, N/A tunes and nitrous don't mix, so ditch the TS reflash and get something else for N/A and nitrous tunes. If I have to explain this any further, then you shouldn't be messing with nitrous.

Dyno numbers don't mean jack. Dynos are tools for tuning and getting a relatively percentage increase/decrease. They're not accurate measuring tools. My nitrous numbers are all messed up for multiple reasons, so ignore them.

Man I enjoy your attitude, right to the point haha
I know the difference between a plenum spacer and a TBS...I have both and installed them both.. The ztube sounds like a good place to tap then.
Im waiting on VinnyTen to call me back about tuning possibilities, since they have an AWD dyno now so can tune me. You dont really need to explain the tuning much further, lol I understand: I will need to switch between the two maps. I am not talking about your numbers per say just the general increase.
Thanks for the help, I'll continue my research and wait on Vinny Ten to get back to me with tuning info.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM
TheGreatBear

p.s. does anybody know how to flip the order of the posts in the thread? for me they read newest first, then my OP is on page two as the last post.... basically the post #s are in reverse...its annoying to read haha
Old 01-27-2011, 05:18 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatBear
Man I enjoy your attitude, right to the point haha
I know the difference between a plenum spacer and a TBS...I have both and installed them both.. The ztube sounds like a good place to tap then.
Im waiting on VinnyTen to call me back about tuning possibilities, since they have an AWD dyno now so can tune me. You dont really need to explain the tuning much further, lol I understand: I will need to switch between the two maps. I am not talking about your numbers per say just the general increase.
Thanks for the help, I'll continue my research and wait on Vinny Ten to get back to me with tuning info.
I used to be pretty verbose with explaining every aspect, but I try to keep things pithy nowadays to allow the user to research on their own for in depth answers.

I actually was very blunt and even flamed you a bit in my original post (The one you quoted), but I edited it to soften it up for you.
p.s. does anybody know how to flip the order of the posts in the thread? for me they read newest first, then my OP is on page two as the last post.... basically the post #s are in reverse...its annoying to read haha
Follow the below instructions:

User CP -> Edit Options -> find "Thread Display Mode" and change setting to "Linear - Oldest First"

Problem solved.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:46 PM
TheGreatBear

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I used to be pretty verbose with explaining every aspect, but I try to keep things pithy nowadays to allow the user to research on their own for in depth answers.

I actually was very blunt and even flamed you a bit in my original post (The one you quoted), but I edited it to soften it up for you.

Follow the below instructions:

User CP -> Edit Options -> find "Thread Display Mode" and change setting to "Linear - Oldest First"

Problem solved.
Haha no problem man, I can take the flames if its for a respectable reason.....
Ill go to my settings, thanks.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

There is too much in here for me to pick through....so I will simply address the auto w/ nitrous question. The AWD will obviously put a greater stress on parts, but the auto in the z is fairly robust. User ajcool2 runs a 100 shot through his bolt-on auto car. It comes out of the hole with AUTHORITY. Stock 5at with a stall. No VB upgrade.

I'll leave this here: Pulls low-mid 1.6 60' times on slicks. My belief is it will pull high 1.5's on a track with some heat in it. We'll see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZWudeW6tE

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 01-27-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
hellsoldiers08

lol what was his time?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:55 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

12.0 I believe. Still not tuned yet either.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:09 PM
NissanZ03

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
12 flat with no tune? That's really good. I'm guessing he has all the normal bolt-ons (exhaust, TPS, headers, intake, spacer, etc...). But still, 12 flat is pretty nasty. Especially since you can pick up a nitrous kit with everything you need + a tune for around $1k
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 PM
hellsoldiers08

i thought it wasnt a good idea to do more than a 25 or 50 shot untune...
Old 01-29-2011, 07:09 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by NissanZ03
12 flat with no tune? That's really good. I'm guessing he has all the normal bolt-ons (exhaust, TPS, headers, intake, spacer, etc...). But still, 12 flat is pretty nasty. Especially since you can pick up a nitrous kit with everything you need + a tune for around $1k
I think he just has a spacer, tp's, and exhaust.....plus the giggle gas.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 AM
TheGreatBear

There is too much in here for me to pick through....so I will simply address the auto w/ nitrous question. The AWD will obviously put a greater stress on parts, but the auto in the z is fairly robust. User ajcool2 runs a 100 shot through his bolt-on auto car. It comes out of the hole with AUTHORITY. Stock 5at with a stall. No VB upgrade.

I'll leave this here: Pulls low-mid 1.6 60' times on slicks. My belief is it will pull high 1.5's on a track with some heat in it. We'll see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZWudeW6tE

Nice, too bad my car is 1200 lbs heavier with AWD.....

exactly...I spent 10 times that on my stupid bolt ons anyway

Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
i thought it wasnt a good idea to do more than a 25 or 50 shot untune...

I think he just has a spacer, tp's, and exhaust.....plus the giggle gas.
Thats good to know, with my luck mine will blow up during the dyno tuning haha
Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 AM
drivessidewayz

3hree5ive0ero basically says it all.

While I have no experience with other setups, I can say Dynotune is a really nice company to deal with regarding customer service. I've had no issues with their products either.

Just remember lower engagement means more stress on the drivetrain. I'm having my re-tuned this Spring to start at 4k instead of 3.5.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:23 AM
TheGreatBear

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
3hree5ive0ero basically says it all.

While I have no experience with other setups, I can say Dynotune is a really nice company to deal with regarding customer service. I've had no issues with their products either.

Just remember lower engagement means more stress on the drivetrain. I'm having my re-tuned this Spring to start at 4k instead of 3.5.
makes sense.
i was talking to Performance Motorsport in NY, who has Uprev tuning capabilities and mentioned n20 to them. They do nitrous builds, and us NXpress so maybe Ill have them do the build, make a map for nitrous and a map for "normal" driving....
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
NissanZ03

makes sense.
i was talking to Performance Motorsport in NY, who has Uprev tuning capabilities and mentioned n20 to them. They do nitrous builds, and us NXpress so maybe Ill have them do the build, make a map for nitrous and a map for "normal" driving....
I've heard good things about that place. So they give you the nitrous kit, they install it, and they tune it? How much does all that go for?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
TheGreatBear

I've heard good things about that place. So they give you the nitrous kit, they install it, and they tune it? How much does all that go for?
well its $600 for a dyno-tune ECU with Uprev, and I think they can do a map for n20 with that, and the kit installed with everything i need NX is about 1200
Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM
NissanZ03

well its $600 for a dyno-tune ECU with Uprev, and I think they can do a map for n20 with that, and the kit installed with everything i need NX is about 1200
So around $1800 for everything? Not terrible
Old 02-18-2011, 08:51 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Listen to 3hree5ive0ero. He knows his stuff.