Old 11-02-2004, 07:51 AM
FairladyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates on the edelbrock system?
Old 11-02-2004, 08:24 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I have all the pieces and will be installing it soon.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:31 AM
ttsupra94

I saw some article in a magazine about edelbrock nitrous and i was suprised cause i didn't know they made nitrous kits. There is an ad in another one of my magazines, which i've looked at multiple times but didn't notice until yesterday. There is something called "n-tercooler", i can't remember who it is by but there is still a nitrous type bottle but it sprays a cold gas and kinda has the same effect as an intercooler, hence the name. They dyno'd like 50 hp using it on a stock car, can't remember what it was though. Anyone else heard of this?
Old 11-19-2004, 09:39 PM
chris shirley

I'VE INSTALLED THE EDELBROCK NOS KIT IN MY 04 ROADSTER, VERY EASY INSTALL.I TESTED THE KIT WITH THE 36 JET. I NOTICED GREAT INCREASE IN POWER BUT I CAN HEAR EXCESSIVE PINGING FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS AFTER EACH SHIFT I HAVE AND AUTO TRANS WITH THE VALVE BODY MODIFIED. I RUN IRIDIUM PLUGS 1 HEAT RANGE COLDER I TRIED 100 OCT. AND I CAN STILL HEAR THE ENGINE DETENATING. PER THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE KIT I TESTED THE FUEL ENRICHMENT MODULE AND IT IS WORKING. MY COLLANT TEMP AND INTAKE AIR TEMP GO TO -30 DEG. WHICH CHANGES THE INJECTER DUTY CYCLE.WITHOUT THE NOS BOTTLE OPEN BUT SYSTEM ACTIVATED AT FULL THROTLE THE CAR DOES RUN VERY RICH AND WONT HARDLY ACCELERATE PER THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TESTING THE ADD ON EDELBROCK FUEL ENRICHMENT MODLE. SO WHY IS IT PINGING? SO I WENT TO A FRIENDS HOUSE WHO IS A AUTO TECH. HE CHECKED MY ECU READINGS WITH HIS OBD2 METER. WE NOTICED WITH OR WITHOUT THE NITROUS ON THE TIMMING ADVANCE AT FIRST TAKE OFF AND AFTER EACH SHIFT IS 38 DEG. ADVANCE AND THEN AFTER 1-2 SECONDS THE ECU BACKS THE TIMMING DOWN TO 22 DEG. SO MY PINGING IS NOTICABLE WHEN THE TIMMING IS 38 DEG. WHICH WOULD BE ABOUT A THIRD OF THE TIME DURING A QUARTER MILE RUN. THE AF MIX IS OK IT SEEMS TO BE TO MUCH TIMMING ADVANCE. I CALLED EDELBROCK TECH, THE NOS TECHNICION TOLD ME TO RUN NKG COPPER PLUGS 1 COLDER. BUT DID NOT KNOW WHY THE ENGINE IS PINGING ON 75 SHOT. IM WAITING FOR A CALL BACK. IF YOU ARE ANYBODY HAS INSTALLED THE EDELBROCK NOS KIT ARE YOU GUYS HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
Old 11-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by chris shirley
I'VE INSTALLED THE EDELBROCK NOS KIT IN MY 04 ROADSTER, VERY EASY INSTALL.I TESTED THE KIT WITH THE 36 JET. I NOTICED GREAT INCREASE IN POWER BUT I CAN HEAR EXCESSIVE PINGING FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS AFTER EACH SHIFT I HAVE AND AUTO TRANS WITH THE VALVE BODY MODIFIED. I RUN IRIDIUM PLUGS 1 HEAT RANGE COLDER I TRIED 100 OCT. AND I CAN STILL HEAR THE ENGINE DETENATING. PER THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE KIT I TESTED THE FUEL ENRICHMENT MODULE AND IT IS WORKING. MY COLLANT TEMP AND INTAKE AIR TEMP GO TO -30 DEG. WHICH CHANGES THE INJECTER DUTY CYCLE.WITHOUT THE NOS BOTTLE OPEN BUT SYSTEM ACTIVATED AT FULL THROTLE THE CAR DOES RUN VERY RICH AND WONT HARDLY ACCELERATE PER THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TESTING THE ADD ON EDELBROCK FUEL ENRICHMENT MODLE. SO WHY IS IT PINGING? SO I WENT TO A FRIENDS HOUSE WHO IS A AUTO TECH. HE CHECKED MY ECU READINGS WITH HIS OBD2 METER. WE NOTICED WITH OR WITHOUT THE NITROUS ON THE TIMMING ADVANCE AT FIRST TAKE OFF AND AFTER EACH SHIFT IS 38 DEG. ADVANCE AND THEN AFTER 1-2 SECONDS THE ECU BACKS THE TIMMING DOWN TO 22 DEG. SO MY PINGING IS NOTICABLE WHEN THE TIMMING IS 38 DEG. WHICH WOULD BE ABOUT A THIRD OF THE TIME DURING A QUARTER MILE RUN. THE AF MIX IS OK IT SEEMS TO BE TO MUCH TIMMING ADVANCE. I CALLED EDELBROCK TECH, THE NOS TECHNICION TOLD ME TO RUN NKG COPPER PLUGS 1 COLDER. BUT DID NOT KNOW WHY THE ENGINE IS PINGING ON 75 SHOT. IM WAITING FOR A CALL BACK. IF YOU ARE ANYBODY HAS INSTALLED THE EDELBROCK NOS KIT ARE YOU GUYS HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
OMFG! Anymore caps?
Old 11-20-2004, 10:56 AM
weslutes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.K. that was another reason to go with a wet shot. If you don't want fuel puddling into your plenum,mount your sprayer 12-18" away from your throttle body.
I already have plenty of timing being pulled by my piggy back,so I dont need a flash.
I'm sure Split Second could make a piggy back if anyone needs it.the problem is,you'll lose power when you're not using the nitrous.
Just a thought. wouldnt a boost controller with set maps be cool.you can have stock timing/fuel around town,then with a push of a button you can have a set map for a 35-150 shot.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Mean Gene

Thumbs up Excellent Idea!

Wes - That's my idea exactly except I've been told by Gurgen ( & others ) that the J&S Safeguard will pull timing automatically when it detects knocking. If this is true ( & G has always been detailed in his research ) then I'm down for the idea of using the N/A reflashed TechnoSquare ECU (which I have now ) for everyday driving & relying on the Safeguard to pull timing when I spray. U're right that w/o a more aggressive ECU reflash, the G seems less responsive & since I'll only spray when necessary, I'd like to keep the pep that the VQ has right now off the nitrous. Any other thoughts?

Gene
Old 11-21-2004, 04:37 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by chris shirley

Have you discovered why your car is running so much advance?

Please keep us posted.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:10 PM
weslutes

yeah yeah, & gurgen blew his engine.so I wouldnt go that route
Old 11-24-2004, 09:34 PM
RyGarg

Originally posted by ttsupra94
I saw some article in a magazine about edelbrock nitrous and i was suprised cause i didn't know they made nitrous kits. There is an ad in another one of my magazines, which i've looked at multiple times but didn't notice until yesterday. There is something called "n-tercooler", i can't remember who it is by but there is still a nitrous type bottle but it sprays a cold gas and kinda has the same effect as an intercooler, hence the name. They dyno'd like 50 hp using it on a stock car, can't remember what it was though. Anyone else heard of this?
The "n-tercooler" is made by NX. Its an oval looking tube with little holes in it that attaches to the front of an intercooler and sprays nitrous over the fins of the intercooler. The air traveling through the intercooler becomes colder and more dense from the nitrious so thats where you get the 50hp. Its pretty awesome because you can spray it all day long and it cant hurt your engine.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:47 AM
TheBigShow

Originally posted by weslutes
If you don't want fuel puddling into your plenum,mount your sprayer 12-18" away from your throttle body.
that would cause more floodin. it should b about 6 inches away, dude.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:58 PM
weslutes

I guess you could be right if someone is spraying at 1000 rpms where there is hardly any velocity in the tube.I'm sprayin at 4000-6000 where everything is movin very fast.In the manual,it says 2"-18". I put mine about 12" on the slope cause when the extra fuel dribbles out from the lines it would go down to the filter & not the SC
I'll test it out closer to the plenum and see for myself.
Thanks for the input