I see you
Old 05-27-2008, 02:54 PM
nuckinfutz74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lmao !
Old 05-27-2008, 03:22 PM
cow

... so uh, my car got scratched really badly by my friend's dog....

Old 05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
SlowCoupe

Knock-Knock.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
nothix

Originally Posted by holy EFFING cow
... so uh, my car got scratched really badly by my friend's dog....

pics or it didn't happen

My car wouldn't turn over this morning

Dead battery =(

Went out and broke the piggy bank on a Optima Yellow Top
Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
nothix

Originally Posted by SlowCoupe
Knock-Knock.
Who's There?
Old 05-27-2008, 03:32 PM
cow

Originally Posted by nothix
pics or it didn't happen

My car wouldn't turn over this morning

Dead battery =(

Went out and broke the piggy bank on a Optima Yellow Top
I don't have a memory card port on my computer-- gonna grab one this weekend.

I plugged in my usb chord & nothing.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Shaq Diesel

Originally Posted by Olivia350z
yall don't even give me a chance. yall dont try to get to know me. you jsut push my buttons and make me upset. which is of course going to make me say things i normally wouldnt say. so in reality thats not even getting to know me.

i'm really not as bad of a person as yall think. and you would know that if you really knew me.
I'll chime in here with some words of wisdom and whatnot.

While I have not read through this whole thread (I'd probably have to be laid up in bed for a few days to accomplish that feat) or searched for a multitude of your other threads, one thing I have noticed is that you have a very "tight" joke/prank zone. You seem to be able to handle certain types of jokes in very tight moderation. There is nothing wrong with this, it's most likely just a part of your personailty. We are who we are.

One thing you might have already realized, and if you have not hopefully you'll learn something, is that not everyone has the same sized joke/prank zone as you. Many people, especially on this board, have much wider zones. And they love to live in their wide zones and enjoy bringing in other people into their wide zones. You seem to have trouble when people try to take you for a trip into "their" zones.

One example is the dyno day thread. Ok, you dynoed low numbers. Probably a multitude of reasons why and the exact one(s) are irrelevant right now. What is relevant was your attitude. A few people start making fun of your numbers and you went into full siege lockdown "come near me and die" mode. One thing you have to realize, especially being in a male-dominated area as this, is that men make fun of each other when we don't perform. It's why we chant "Nice shot Nancy" when you hit a 5ft putt only 2 ft. Or why men don't bunt in softball, no matter how much of a strategic advantage you might actually gain. It's just a near natural reaction. Does it mean anything derogatory? Most of the time, no. Especially when you can sense there is a hint of comedy behind it.

How do you counter this? You take the punch and move on. Depending on how quickwitted you are, you might even punch back a little. If you would of went and said something like "It's my damn camber holding me back" or some other funny retort then went and start technically analyzing what went wrong, the abuse that seemed to have been inflicted on you would of lessened. And I guarantee you a multitude of people would of actually came and given you sound advise after the initial wave of jokes came down. It's bad enough that some people did try to help and you went "emo" on us. Moral of this story? If someone hits you with a joke, hit back and move on. If the joke seriously offends you discuss it with that person and carefully draw your "lines of engagement" (and be aware that some people will also occasionally go over those lines just for the thrill of riling you up).

Then this BBQ planning. First lesson, if you have not learned this yet, "MEN ARE LAZY". The slightest bit of indecision can lead to a decade long joke war. If you want a BBQ you poll to see when the best time is. If you get no responses or a bunch of jokes (and yes, at this point in time just realize the jokes are going to come, you can't stop them, you can only contain or roll around them) then you set dates. Another lesson, MOST MEN CAN BE HERDED LIKE SHEEP, ESPECIALLY IF FOOD IS INVOLVED. You set the time, place and get a cook and they will come, jokes be damned.

You seem to want to make an exerted effort to be a part of this community. I'm not going to say you need to change who you are to be involved. But you HAVE TO ADAPT. I work with basically the same types of clowns (I love you guys...) that hang around on this board. They do everything in their power to goat me, get me to blow up or get angry, etc. They can't get to me. There is an unofficial pool at my work to see who can find the "ticking" issue that can get me to blow up. 5 years and counting and its still going. Why has it gone so long? It's because I know the game. I know what there intent is. Is it demeaning or vicious? No, they do a good job of keeping thing comical and decent. But I have adapted to my surroundings. If they toss a joke my way I just laugh it off and come back with an answer. They play a prank on me I laugh it off and plan one for them. Tit for tat. Once they realized I wasn't going to be someone they could just walk over, someone they could have on their puppet strings at the beck and whim, life became so much better.

Everyone knows where your goat is tied. Hell, you seem to have multiple goats hanging all over the place. Hide your goats. Find the ones that are out there and free them. You can do this by firstly, not taking everything so seriously. If someone rags on you, rag on them back. If people are ignoring your posts then you either find a more presentable why of phrasing it or just let it die. If you want to accomplish something, start at the ground level. Find those who are in the best position to help you and get aggressive with the rest.

If you get over your head and the **** is piling deep, toss on your rescue gear and save yourself. A big part of this is not being afraid to admit when you might be wrong. It also means fighting hard and dirty when you know you are right. Also, lay off the personal attacks unless their really warranted. You'll end up pissing people off, it's a fact of life for everyone. Don't try to be everyone's friend, but don't try to fight the world.

Ok, I'm spent. From what I have read of your words this seems to cover the lion's share of things. You stated that you aren't the bad person people seem to think you are. People think this because they only see your defensive side. I'm not saying you need to write a 2000 word dissertation on your life, but we need to see more than the "Screw you guys, I'm not who you think I am" attitude on here. We'd like to see your funny side, your "I can do it and here is how" side, as well as any other sides you might have.

Hope you gained something from all of this. maybe you did, maybe you didn't. Just thought I'd toss out some opinions there for you to chew on.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:01 PM
sumfknguy

Originally Posted by Shaq Diesel
LONG *** POST THAT I DID READ

whoah now Dr. Phil!! AND you take pictures?!

lol, what he^ said..

i got an opinion for you to "chew" on homie
Old 05-27-2008, 04:33 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy long post batman... stu with the engineered wisdom

Where the fawk is Will man lol

He's an oriental cracka who was FI'd but decided that NA drifting scurrin the kids was the way to go
Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

it doesn't help that guys and girls joke differently.

of course i'm going to take things differently than others. especially over the internet. its very hard to tell when someone is joking or not. unless they put "LOL" or "jk" after it.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:16 PM
invazn

Originally Posted by nuckinfutz74
I hit Elmwood during the week.
elmwood by the palace? i work out there!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:29 PM
richard slanger

i just paid my tuition for summer semester..
Old 05-27-2008, 05:42 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

stu, will u help me write my english papers when i go back to school...nice post
Old 05-27-2008, 06:01 PM
invazn

Originally Posted by soleil350z
stu, will u help me write my english papers when i go back to school...nice post
lol i swear i was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
blasian

Old 05-27-2008, 06:16 PM
cow

Originally Posted by soleil350z
all kidding aside, if you need help editting papers, let me know. i majored in english-- didn't finish, but i was studying it, lol.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Shaq Diesel

Originally Posted by Olivia350z
it doesn't help that guys and girls joke differently.

of course i'm going to take things differently than others. especially over the internet. its very hard to tell when someone is joking or not. unless they put "LOL" or "jk" after it.
A piece of advise... When in doubt, assume it is a joke. It's the internet, unless it is a close friend or someone who lives down the road from you it doesn't really matter if they are being serious or joking (unless you own a business on the internet, then you're just screwed...).

The best piece of advise I was given a long time ago was to treat the internet as the largest halloween costume party ever. All there is to it is a bunch of people hiding behind made-up avatars and names dancing around without a care in the world trying to be either the talk of the town or someone they would never be in real life.

People do joke differently. But in the end its all a joke. And if you take it for anything but what it is on face value you end up over-appreciating its true worth. You end up making a $0.10 line into a $10,000 heartache. I say **** inflation, a recession is where its at...

Quick Reply: Louisiana Z/Import cookout April 29th *Lakefront*