Notices
NOLAZCC New Orleans Louisiana Z Car Club

Louisiana Z/Import cookout April 29th *Lakefront*

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:12 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lo$t
i'm leaving again july 9th. btw for those of you who remember me talking about my amazing job. my boss sent me a text msg. "July 7th we'll be having a company paintball tournament. RSVP me so i can know how much food and beer to bring. Also, July 8th we have a company chartered fishing trip that will be leaving out of pensacola." God i'm lucky
Dang man, thats pimp!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Lo$t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
Dang man, thats pimp!
yeah man. btw i've never played gow before.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:15 AM
blasian

yeah man. btw i've never played gow before.
lol well it will take some getting used to man. I still haven't beat the game but I doubt I ever will. I only play with the my350z crew.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:18 AM
DustinZ33

i'm leaving again july 9th. btw for those of you who remember me talking about my amazing job. my boss sent me a text msg. "July 7th we'll be having a company paintball tournament. RSVP me so i can know how much food and beer to bring. Also, July 8th we have a company chartered fishing trip that will be leaving out of pensacola." God i'm lucky
man. What kind of job do you have? I want in on it.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Lo$t

Originally Posted by DustinZ33
man. What kind of job do you have? I want in on it.
installing upgrades to singar radios on humvees. it's a subcontractor that works through the army. a lot of travelling.. starting around 80-100k a year. the boss gives you a CC and pays for airfare, hotel, and 3 meals a day. Basically save all your money. BTW the boss is a cool ****. He has us playing paintball and fishing trips and sometimes while you're on the job he lets ya go bowling or to the movies on his acct. it's "VERY NIIIIICE"
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 AM
Lo$t

lol well it will take some getting used to man. I still haven't beat the game but I doubt I ever will. I only play with the my350z crew.
i've always been a pretty good gamer. i pwned Halo but that was the last time i've played xbox games.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 AM
DustinZ33

Its actually closer to the norm. Remember this in on a DD and not a DJ. Most TN Z's are in the 375-400 which is where this would fall in on a DJ.
true. + its hot and humid down here.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 AM
El Verdugo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have it made!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:24 AM
DustinZ33

installing upgrades to singar radios on humvees. it's a subcontractor that works through the army. a lot of travelling.. starting around 80-100k a year. the boss gives you a CC and pays for airfare, hotel, and 3 meals a day. Basically save all your money. BTW the boss is a cool ****. He has us playing paintball and fishing trips and sometimes while you're on the job he lets ya go bowling or to the movies on his acct. it's "VERY NIIIIICE"
So how would one like myself go about getting a job like this? particularly the same job that you have.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:27 AM
blasian

i've always been a pretty good gamer. i pwned Halo but that was the last time i've played xbox games.
Awesome, its easy to catch on to but its very different from Halo hehe. Watch out for rickdogg lol
Old 06-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Lo$t

So how would one like myself go about getting a job like this? particularly the same job that you have.
the next time the company is hiring i'll pm you an email address to send your resume to. should be soon. You'll have to be ok with travelling and not being home a lot. For example. July 9-20th i'll be in virginia, then i'll have only a day off and i'll be doing a week in oklahoma. Then 1 week off and doing 5 weeks in maryland. The job may also take me to iraq, italy, algeria, germany, morocco and other places out of the country. i see it as a blessing, but i wouldn't recommend the job to anyone with kids or a wife.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:31 AM
DustinZ33

the next time the company is hiring i'll pm you an email address to send your resume to. should be soon. You'll have to be ok with travelling and not being home a lot. For example. July 9-20th i'll be in virginia, then i'll have only a day off and i'll be doing a week in oklahoma. Then 1 week off and doing 5 weeks in maryland. The job may also take me to iraq, italy, algeria, germany, morocco and other places out of the country. i see it as a blessing, but i wouldn't recommend the job to anyone with kids or a wife.
Do you need to be in the military to qualify for this job?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Lo$t

Do you need to be in the military to qualify for this job?
no, it just looks good on your resume. Basically you have to be able to work on a team and get along with a team. Also, you have to be ok with travelling all over without getting ridiculously homesick.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:50 AM
El Verdugo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traveling is good in the beginning then it gets tiresome after a while.
I see it as less time on the 350z as well.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Lo$t

Originally Posted by El Verdugo
Traveling is good in the beginning then it gets tiresome after a while.
I see it as less time on the 350z as well.
yeah. i agree. i'm going to take the time away from the Z to get a LS1 put in it. and have a bunch of work done to it. Then when i come home i'll have a monster to enjoy.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 AM
sumfknguy

yeah but 80-100K for a couple of years can bank you enough cash for a really really nice car of choice..

i used to travel a lot and had similiar perks like Thomas... and i saved a lot of money.. being away did get old.. but like he said, if you're single (no kids/wife), it's a nice way to get on top financially at an early age..
Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM
DustinZ33

It does sound like a great job. I have a gravy job right now but not near that amount of money. I am home every night though. I don't know what I'm going to do as of yet. The company I am with right now told me the other day that they are willing to pay for me to go back to school. I told them that I wanted my mechanical engineering degree. They told me to figure out some numbers, schools, and classes.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by sumfknguy
yeah but 80-100K for a couple of years can bank you enough cash for a really really nice car of choice..

i used to travel a lot and had similiar perks like Thomas... and i saved a lot of money.. being away did get old.. but like he said, if you're single (no kids/wife), it's a nice way to get on top financially at an early age..
Werd... I'd love to do that chit man. At least for a little while hehe.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 AM
sumfknguy

yeah. i agree. i'm going to take the time away from the Z to get a LS1 put in it. and have a bunch of work done to it. Then when i come home i'll have a monster to enjoy.
hey man... i may be able to help out while you're gone.. I'll take that TN ST off your car while you're out of town.. hell, i'll even bring it home and clean it up for you.. and i'll even go the extra mile and put it on my car so it gets the TLC it will need while you're off traveling.

whatcha think?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Lo$t

i only want to do it for 3 years. I am still thinking of which direction to go in. I could have the most amazing 350z ever or i could just wait and buy that supervette they are making. I also kind of like the Audi R8.
i know what you mean about being on top of your finances at a young age. I am 23 and own my house. my credit is the shlt! i really have my mom to thank for a lot of my success because she taught me at a young age to be really independent. it rocks, i call my auto insurance company to pay bills and they let me know that i am preapproved for a 50,000$ auto loan @ 6% interest.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Z/Import cookout April 29th *Lakefront*