Notices

Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/

I am starting to consider norcal/bay area as a new area and location for me to do vinyl wraps now. So I am taking tabs down on cars who are interested in getting some work done whenever I do make my trips up there. Every time I get enough cars interested, I'll set a date down that I'll be up there.

I need 12 cars interested before I make a full dedicated trip up there for a week. Add yourself to the list, and I'll update this original post.

I've done hundreds of cars at this point. Here are just one or two quick pictures of cars that I've done recently in each type/finish, just to give you guys an idea of how it looks like and the quality of my work:

Gloss black -

Matte black (looks like the same car, but it's actually a different one) -

3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber -

For locals, I can supply the materials and do the entire installation at my location, for anything that you need to get done.

However, if you're a non-local (or someone who just wants/needs some material) and would like to give a DIY a shot, I can sell you just the material as well.

- Gloss/matte black roof vinyl (other finishes/colors are available upon request)
- Carbon fiber vinyl
- Black out window trim vinyl
- Interior/exterior trim
- Headlight/Tail light tinting
- Full car wraps
- Installations
- And More...

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you are interested in anything.

thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 10-10-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I know I've been getting a lot of picture requests for the new gloss 3M carbon fiber material. Well, I finally got around to getting it and my first chance/time using it was when I made my last trip up to norcal and the bay area to do some vinyl wrapping. The weave is slightly smaller than the 3M Di-noc vinyl, so it's a bit harder to photograph and show you guys how the weave and design looks like on this material. Either way, here's a black E46 series that I vinyl wrapped the hood in with the 3M gloss carbon fiber material.

Let mek now what you guys think of it.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
831_Z33

Can you PM me the price just for the material to do a 350z Roof? When would be the next time you will be coming down again?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Uncertain at the moment, but possibly within the next 2 months or so.

-Don
Old 06-17-2011, 05:57 PM
willow350

Do you wrap interior with carbon fiber wrap as well? As for exterior roof cover, how long do they hold up?

Also, PM me how much for roof wrap installed? (gloss black)

Last edited by willow350; 06-17-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yes I do. The materials will honestly quite possibly last longer than most of you will own your cars.

-Don
Old 06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
wheelophile

ever entertain the idea of wrapping a whole bike?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Too many curves. I've done it before though. Not really practical, for general consumption.

-Don
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 PM
wheelophile

figured that much...ive only seen a handful of bikes that have pulled it off...im sure it takes a good amount of man hours...
Old 06-22-2011, 12:33 AM
willow350

When and where in bay area?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 AM
dkwang

hey Don! You don't happen to do headlight clearing do you :X
Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I haven't decided on a set time or date yet, but if you e-mail me at donathon@gmail.com, I can keep a tab on you, and notify you the next time I am going to be up there.

I can do the protection film on headlights.

-Don
Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here's another car that I did while I was up in norcal doing some vinyl wraps. This car was around the Hayward area. The car is a white IS250, and I did his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss black carbon fiber material. It was the first car that I actually had used the material on for the roof. These pictures will also give those who have other cf parts a good idea of how the carbon fiber 3M 1080 vinyl looks compared to it. Don't mind the uneven marks, those were just water streaks from when I wiped the roof down in the heat. The camera picked those up more than how it looked like in person, or else I would have cleaned it better

I am already started taking cars who are interested in getting some vinyl work done the next time I am up in norcal. So if you're around the bay area, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll keep you on tab and notify all of you when I do.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I would really like to see this 3M Gloss CF in person. If it looks as good in person as the pictures, I want to re-do my interior
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Interestingly enough, this is the first wagon that I've done the window trim on. We went with the matte black vinyl material for his window trim, for his black E46 325i wagon/touring.. The owner of this car was located around in the Garden Grove/Orange County area. I thought that blacked out/shadowline window trim changed the look of this particular car quite dramatically. I think it's partially due to the fact that it was a wagon, and that it had more chrome pieces than a sedan/coupe that I normally do has.

Here's a quick before picture.

Here's the after results.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
willow350

Sir stop teasing. Set up a date and get yourself up here. I want gross black roof and carbon fiber on the center console. PM how much?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I don't get around to posting too many pictures of matte finishes, so here's one I did a while back. So here's a VW GTI MkV that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my matte black material. Did the roof and the small extension of the roof that extends onto the top hatch area. The owner of this car was actually out in the Los Angeles county area, so quite a bit of a distance from me in Orange County/Irvine, but luckily I was already in the area getting some other things done at the same time, so it wasn't too bad.

It was a bit dark, so the pictures aren't the greatest. I also got a bit carried away with the amount of pictures, but it's also partially because I haven't posted any pictures of the matte finish in a while, so I am trying to make up for lost time, haha.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 06-27-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Trying to figure out which pictures to edit and post can be hard sometimes. I have some pictures that date back to almost 12 months ago now that I still haven't had a chance to post yet.

Either way, here are some pictures of a car that I actually did recently sometime last week. The owner of this car was around/in Orange County as well. The car is a white Mercedes Benz C350 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material, and also did a border around his tail lights with my gloss black vinyl material as well. Everything was done freehand. I thought the tail lights turned out awesome, and changed the way the car looks completely, with something even as minor as that. Really gives the car a more aggressive look from behind. It's always fun when my customers bring me new ideas and challenges to try and do.

Some comparison pictures with the driver side done and the passenger side still stock.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I don't get too many cars of this color coming by to get their roofs done, so it's a nice change of pace. I wrapped this Infiniti M45's roof with my gloss black vinyl material. On a darker colored car like this, the gloss black roof gives it a very nice subtle touch. Although it's still noticeable, it is not as large as a contrast as it would be on a white car. A black roof may make a BMW more sportier looking, but on a car like this, it can also make the car look more "elegant" or lux as well. This car was from around the Costa Mesa/Orange County area.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 PM
willow350

^^^nice. That's the look I'm going for. My Z is carbon silver. After roof, I would tint the hatch really black like seen above. Still no set time heh?

Quick Reply: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/