Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Hey Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 09:23 PM
AAAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Chicago

Hey Chi Town. I was just wondering if you guys could recomend any good shops that do system installs, or performance installs. I know of Abt, for sound, and Drivers Image, thats pretty much it, any recomendations?

Look forward to seeing you guys at a Chicago meet sometime

A
Old 01-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Xmax

Here are a lot, basically if its not on the list then its not well known. Just for you info, this is not listed in any order.
-Body Works, great body repair/painting shop- Skokie, IL 847 709 0530

-AMS, great shop, lots of compliements, but specializes in DSMs tho

-Massimo Pefomance, online shop/ Carol Stream, has extremely great prices, www.massimoperfomance.com 630-673-8966

-Excel Audio- good audio shop, Buffalo Grove 847-705-9100

-APG, good shop, some stuff is overpriced, but installs need a little better work Wooddale,IL

-Car Botique, overpriced, but has a lot of nice stuff, and shop enviornment is extremly nice, Schaumburg, IL on Roselle Rd

-Sound Perfomance, used to specialize in Audio equipment, but now specializes in forced induction cars, like Supras, Rx-7's, and 300zx's. Carol Stream, IL on Gary Ave near ArmyTrail

-Mobile Tel - decent shop and decent prices has other location but i have only experienced their Carol Stream shop located on North Ave near County Farm Rd.

-Tweeter, kinda like Best Buy, but for what pay for, you get a better item, i heard they started to do custom audio installs now, Schaumburg, IL near Mecham Rd on Golf Rd.

-GRD, decent shop, located in Naperville, IL

-Garage Kwai- decent shop, i think they specialize in Honda's tho, located in Arlington Hts/Rowlling Meadows

-Top Speed- great City Shop, owner owns a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR, Chicago, IL off of Archer Ave

-Evolution Performance, they just wanna sell you the stuff, ever since the owners changed, I think in the Niles/Skokie/Desplaines area.

-B.B.G.S, small shop, but ill tell you now, the dude knows his stuff Hanover Park/Barrinton Rd

-Import Shop, small shop, but i heard they can get you almost anything, Roselle, IL, but also has a Chicago Shop too

-Grafix Zone, is one of the best places to get Graphics for you car, located in the same plaza as Import Shop in Roselle

-Cybertek, decent shop, never been there, but they usually have a stand at import car shows, Chicago

-One6, decent shop, lots of people like them, Arlington Hts near Oakton Rd i believe

And I think that is all that came out from the top of my head, that i experienced.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:50 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Originally posted by Xmax

They just installed H&R springs/Koni shocks and a short shift kit on my A4 last week. Great work and good prices.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:54 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Oh, there is also Ultimate Z in Streamwood. The owner has a Daytona Blue touring. http://www.ultimatez.com/
Old 01-23-2003, 05:01 PM
AAAA

Default Thanks

Thanks for the imput guys,
Old 01-27-2003, 07:22 AM
russman

Originally posted by Xmax
Here are a lot, basically if its not on the list then its not well known. Just for you info, this is not listed in any order.
-Body Works, great body repair/painting shop- Skokie, IL 847 709 0530

-AMS, great shop, lots of compliements, but specializes in DSMs tho

-Massimo Pefomance, online shop/ Carol Stream, has extremely great prices, www.massimoperfomance.com 630-673-8966

-Excel Audio- good audio shop, Buffalo Grove 847-705-9100

-APG, good shop, some stuff is overpriced, but installs need a little better work Wooddale,IL

-Car Botique, overpriced, but has a lot of nice stuff, and shop enviornment is extremly nice, Schaumburg, IL on Roselle Rd

-Sound Perfomance, used to specialize in Audio equipment, but now specializes in forced induction cars, like Supras, Rx-7's, and 300zx's. Carol Stream, IL on Gary Ave near ArmyTrail

-Mobile Tel - decent shop and decent prices has other location but i have only experienced their Carol Stream shop located on North Ave near County Farm Rd.

-Tweeter, kinda like Best Buy, but for what pay for, you get a better item, i heard they started to do custom audio installs now, Schaumburg, IL near Mecham Rd on Golf Rd.

-Garage Kwai- decent shop, i think they specialize in Honda's tho, located in Arlington Hts/Rowlling Meadows

-Top Speed- great City Shop, owner owns a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR, Chicago, IL off of Archer Ave

-Evolution Performance, they just wanna sell you the stuff, ever since the owners changed, I think in the Niles/Skokie/Desplaines area.

-B.B.G.S, small shop, but ill tell you now, the dude knows his stuff Hanover Park/Barrinton Rd

-Import Shop, small shop, but i heard they can get you almost anything, Roselle, IL, but also has a Chicago Shop too

-Grafix Zone, is one of the best places to get Graphics for you car, located in the same plaza as Import Shop in Roselle

-Cybertek, decent shop, never been there, but they usually have a stand at import car shows, Chicago

-One6, decent shop, lots of people like them, Arlington Hts near Oakton Rd i believe

And I think that is all that came out from the top of my head, that i experienced.
Do you have addresses of those shops?

Thnx
Old 01-27-2003, 08:01 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Originally posted by russman
Do you have addresses of those shops?

Thnx
GRD is 1580 W. Ogden, Naperville http://www.grdperformance.com/

Garage Kwai is 553 S. Arthur Ave., Arlington Heights http://www.garagekwai.us

I believe One6 is also on Arthur Ave in Arlington Heights.

Ultimate Z is 1541 Burgundy Parkway, Streamwood http://www.ultimatez.com/

Those are all the ones I have.