Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

bouncing/porpoising on I-294 (part II)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 11:01 AM
luke4me1st

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Z BRA!!!

Hey all,

I have been listening to all ur Z problems and i came out with a Z bra which will guarantee to solve all ur problems. Just for $9.99 with free shipping and handling the z bra can be urs today, fits all sizes and if u call in the next 5 min i will include an additional free bra for your passenger, but u must call now!!! Accept ViZa, MaZter Card and PerZonal checkZ!!! Call NOW!!! (800) 350-BraZ
Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 PM
sgraham

Default bad suspension

Never got a chance to try the weight in the back but did call the Nissan Tech line (800-647-7261). Nice guy took my info, claimed he had not heard of the problem and said he would touch base with my dealer (Gerald Nissan). I gave him the service manager's name and told him they were aware of the problem and I had complained directly.

I talked to the guy who parks near me underground and he too had had a bad experience with the bouncing. I'm going to relay the number to him and beseech everyone to call and open a file on the problem.

BTW, my garage pal said he almost killed himself out on Lake street with the 1/4" of snow that fell last week. I told him that the OEM tires were deathtraps in the snow and it wasn't just him.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:56 PM
ZGrrrl

Z BRA!!!
Hey all,

I have been listening to all ur Z problems and i came out with a Z bra which will guarantee to solve all ur problems. Just for $9.99 with free shipping and handling the z bra can be urs today, fits all sizes and if u call in the next 5 min i will include an additional free bra for your passenger, but u must call now!!! Accept ViZa, MaZter Card and PerZonal checkZ!!! Call NOW!!! (800) 350-BraZ

I'm in! Are you gonna show me how to put it on???

JAM
Old 03-03-2003, 08:13 PM
luke4me1st

I'm in! Are you gonna show me how to put it on???

JAM [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I will train u on operating the new Z bra!!! satisfaction guaranteed or u $$ back!!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:47 AM
Zcaraholic

Hey sgraham, please post again if you hear anything back from Nissan. I'd like to find a better solution than my 200 lbs of sand. Although it does help the traction problem in snow
Old 03-06-2003, 01:56 PM
ZGrrrl

Yes, I will train u on operating the new Z bra!!! satisfaction guaranteed or u $$ back!!

HAHAHAHA LOL,

Yeah the whole clear thing would be a new concept line for aftermarket bras.....teehehee

J.A.M.

Old 03-08-2003, 07:02 AM
geneva

Default porpoising

I also filed a complaint with the 800 Nissan number . They took all my information and said they would be contacting Gerald my dealership. I told them that there have been numerous complaints and the dealership is fully aware of the problem. I will wait to hear from them. In the meantime I have two #50 weight plates in the back of the car to see if that will help with the bouncing.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Pedal Pusher

Default The bounce

I live in In. and traveled that stretch one day. Everyting you have said is true. What a great place to test these cars. It would be fun to take a G35c on the same road and see how it feels. I have driven both. My 350z is very uncomfortable and, compared to the G35c the Z, is like a 1970 pick-up truck.
Old 05-03-2003, 04:11 PM
happypants

sgraham and geneva,

The suspension hasn't sorted itself out after 1600 miles, so I will be taking my car in to one of the Gerald Nissan dealerships soon.

Some questions:

1. Do you know which road Gerald Nissan used for your road test? I want to drop off the car so Nissan will have a record of the issue, just making sure the car will exhibit the problem before I drop it off.

2. If you have the names of the people you talked to at Gerald, that would help.

and lastly...

3. Which Gerald Nissan did you go to?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:24 AM
happypants

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
Guys...I now have 3500 miles on my Z....and for the first 1500 the bouncing and porpoising on 355 and 294 was really bad. Enough to make me near sick a couple times and I don't have a weak stomach. Now it's smoothed out so much that I hardly even notice it any more. Maybe it just takes the suspension a couple thousand miles to break in fully...
I have 2800 miles on my Z and the Z continues to bounce around the same as when I first noticed it.