Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

DETROIT Z (meets and events)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Shiawase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i came on this site to learn and educate about the Z, all i do now is looking in the jailbait thread .
Nice signature :P

To everyone - Yea, I think we still have to get together sometime soon before it starts getting too chilly out there. Even a weekday meet at some bar or BW3 or some restaurant.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:21 PM
blueper4mancez

lols thanks eric being a PM is awesome you guys should jump on the bandwagon to support.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Jonny Boy

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
johnny boy , i'm prepping the car over the winter for the track , gonna heat wrap some stuff before i take it to the track . these turbos run so damn hot in the summer . you know i got stuff for track on this car .

Billy - I know you do, and your car would be the **** on the track. That is of course if you can drive...lol j/k. Its just a shame it hasnt already been on a nice road course. You are difinatly going next spring, we will make it a guys weekend for anyone who wants to go....and I guess we can always bring some girls for fun.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:42 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Damn.. Milan was busy! #1 4:47pm, #2 5:08pm, #3 6:00pm, #4 7:25pm, and I left at 8:30 before the last set of street cars started. My times sucked. 1 good 60ft (for me it was good) @ 2.1 - quickly followed by a missed 1st to 2nd shift - dammit!

I have a better time in me.. just have to put all together.. Here's hoping for another private rental.. waiting around sucks.

It was interesting to try a Test n Tune night though. I could do it again... still need to beat my crappy best time of 14.3.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Datona Jess

I agree we need another gathering.
Next season I will be in for some autocrosses and raod course days as well..
I will want to see what the 370 can do thats for sure.

Steve, you have a better time in you thats for sure.
Do an exhaust and testpipes man, you'll surely do better then...
Old 09-18-2008, 05:10 AM
Jonny Boy

Steve - Putting everything together is the key to getting a good run. I would love to do another private rental, just as long as someone else puts it together.

AJ - Next year I think there is going to be several of us spending a lot more time on the road courses and autocrosses. They are so much fun.

Billy - You better get those pics up a/s/a/p. I dont wanna wait two weeks to see them again. Your new cf lip looks awsome, and I dont think I would paint the hole thing like you wanna do. Besides I wanna see how my new toy looks. Hope this camera took some better and more clear photos.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:18 AM
thekinn

Default Waterford Hills Final '08 OTD Sun 10/12

Even though I expect none of you to show - I figured I'd remind you of the last OTD at Waterford Sun 10/12. Details at www.waterfordhills.com

As for organizing a Milan rental - If one were inclinded to organize a private rental they might make up a bunch of flyers and hand them out while waiting in the staging lanes during a Test N Tune night. There were hundreds of people WAITING for their next run. Most probably got 3 or fewer passes the whole night for $25.

There is a risk factor there because they may not trust you and vice-versa, but, you do get face to face when handing out flyers.. just thought I'd drop the idea for what it's worth. Because you do have at least an hour inbetween passes to just walk around in the staging lanes and talk cars - or solicit entries to your next private rental.

I'll post two vids of my runs yesterday - probably in the dragrace section.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 PM
AznSky

Yea, I'll be ending my 1st season with the Z at the CCM autox that day

Have fun at the OTD steve and be safe!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 PM
blueper4mancez

Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
Steve - Putting everything together is the key to getting a good run. I would love to do another private rental, just as long as someone else puts it together.

AJ - Next year I think there is going to be several of us spending a lot more time on the road courses and autocrosses. They are so much fun.

Billy - You better get those pics up a/s/a/p. I dont wanna wait two weeks to see them again. Your new cf lip looks awsome, and I dont think I would paint the hole thing like you wanna do. Besides I wanna see how my new toy looks. Hope this camera took some better and more clear photos.
here you go biatch .
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
here's a pic with my car , i will paint partial of the lip.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 PM
AznSky

dammit I was gonna that CF lip!!! What you do with your old lip?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Shiawase

Billy, that looks great!
Old 09-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Jonny Boy

Billy that car looks awsome. Please dont paint it.

Thanks for posting the pics of my bike. That camera did a really nice job.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 AM
blueper4mancez

Originally Posted by AznSky
dammit I was gonna that CF lip!!! What you do with your old lip?
old lip is laying in my garage . i hope you don't get the seibon one , cwest is the real deal .
Old 09-19-2008, 06:55 AM
thekinn

Default milan vids

Welp.. vids posted of the milan runs.
https://my350z.com/forum/drag/386872...ml#post6321938
Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 AM
AznSky

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
old lip is laying in my garage . i hope you don't get the seibon one , cwest is the real deal .
Is your old lip still usable? Wanna sell it to me cheap so I can paint it black and throw it on my car

Which one did you have btw?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:29 AM
blueper4mancez

the lip had was veilside v1 , it only fits on the 06+ model .you could buy a new one for like 350 shipped .
Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 PM
AznSky

ok it's getting colder and darker each day.

Are we gonna meet up? And can we pick a more "central" location so it's an equal drive for everybody? I say BW3's in Novi during a weekday?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
zbrid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are we gonna meet up? And can we pick a more "central" location so it's an equal drive for everybody? I say BW3's in Novi during a weekday?
I would be up for a meet on Wednesday thats the only day I have off this week.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Shiawase

I'm up for that. I can't do tonight, but I do like going on Thursdays
Old 09-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Phreakdout

Thumbs up

It's a little too late for this year, but I'd like to plan a spring run in May to do a Cedar Point / Put-in-Bay Camping Weekend.

Here's my thought so give me some feedback to see if it has any interest.

1) Meet up somewhere around the airport around noon or 1pm on a Friday. (I'll explain later why Friday, but it's necessary. With this much planning folks can ask for a day / afernoon off.)

2) Caravan along the coast. (A spirited / scenic route will be chosen.)

3) Arrive at Catawba Island Port to catch a ferry to South Bass Island. (There is a ferry schedule. You don't want to miss the last ferry or have a bunch of cars show up wanting on the last boat. You will be stuck)

I would prearrange to cue all of the Zs to go on as one group.

4) Take the ferry across to South Bass Island. This is an awesome photo op to have your car with a boat load of other Zs.

5) We caravan from the dock to the campground. We would stay at South Bass Campground. Here is the link to the campground map.

If we organize early as a group, then we can reserve sites together. Please feel free to bring the family on this trip too. (You may want the family to meet you there at the port as opposed to having the mini-van keep up on a spirited run. Your call.)

http://www.ohiodnr.com/Portals/2/par...asscampmap.pdf

6) Setup camp. Clean up the Zs if we wish and socialize.

7) Take a walk into the town of Put-in-Bay. There are several bars that are open till 1am and a few restaurants. Lots of boats docked there and always some kind of party. Don't drive there as parking is limited, speed limits can bite and drinking and driving is a no-no.

8) Come back to the site and crash for the night or keep going. (Your call!)

9) Get up in the am and hit the Sandusky ferry that cuts over to Cedar Point. (We have to leave very early as sometimes there is a wait to get cars on the ferry.) Double up folks in cars where possible to cut down on ferry costs or parking fees. Unless you just want to take your Z ... and that's fine too. (Your call!) LOL

10) Hit Cedar Point for the day. If we get a huge group, I'll organize T-shirts for a fee.

11) Stay as long as we can (or want) at Cedar Point. Remember, we don't want the last ferry to the island. Missing it could be bad!!

12) Last night on the island. We can do a BBQ cook out. Any Canadians attending need to smuggle Cuban Cigars to the event. LOL

13) Enjoy the evening and brag on the number of coasters you rode that day.

14) Sunday am ... catch breakfast in town or at the camp. Break camp and head for the dock.

15) Ferry back to the mainland and take the coast ride back home. (For the Michiganders.)

The reason for two nights is that the campground requires two nights paid for the site if you stay on a Friday or Saturday. If you absolutely can not go on Friday (which you miss the coastline run and group ferry boat ride)

Just a rough outline. Any interest? It will take time to plan and possibly some deposits. (refundable of course.) On your side, it means a commitment to attend.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Phreakdout; 09-23-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: DETROIT Z (meets and events)