Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

DETROIT Z (meets and events)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 AM
blueper4mancez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the nitrous install , go to speed industry he's done a couple before .
Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 AM
AznSky

Originally Posted by skingy
i tried installing my test pipes yesterday. after realizing the floor jack was too tall and having to buy ramps, i made the mistake in thinking it would only take a couple hours tops. i think i went through half a can of liquid wrench, and the bolts i could get to still wouldn't budge! i got one bolt off. that was it.

for the upper part of the cats, where they connect to the headers, 2 of the 3 bolts are next to impossible to get at. is there a trick?!

needless to say, i put it all back together and gave up (which i hate doing) for the night. after a couple hours and many bumps, scrapes and nicks later. Z=1. scott=0.
Yeah I went through the same thing last week. Pretty pissed too.

Come to the mod party man. I got 2 of the 3 bolts off, but the 3rd is nearly impossible with out a giganto extension. AJ has one and that's what we'll be using for my install. So we can use it for yours too.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 AM
skingy

right on... i'll be at the mod party then.

i hope all that are there like PBR.... heh.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:14 AM
04Z3E

where do you guys usually have meets at? friday and saturday i cruised woodward and gratiot no luck with finding other z onwers just 1 300zx
Old 03-16-2009, 11:14 AM
jeff91ta

Scott,

You will need a quick jolt of retard strength to get those bolts off by the exhaust manifold but it's possible. That extension should work miracles at gaining accessibility to those bolts.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Yancy

Hey guys. I'm looking to get rid of a few things and wanted to give the local guys a chance before officially posting a sale thread in the marketplace. Here is what I have:

(1) 1 New Asuka Single Carbon Fiber hood. I paid $1,000 for it from one of the vendors on here, but will let it go locally (no shipping) for $850. U pick up from my place at 23 & Van Dyke in Shelby Twp. Reason for selling -- decided that I want to have my stock hood cut to look like the Nismo RS hood. A few pics of the good hood.

(2) 1 slightly damaged Asuka Single Carbon Fiber hood. This hood would be perfect for someone that plans on painting the whole hood or just leaving the vent areas carbon fiber. As you can see in the picture, there is a slight indentation in the hood right in the middle and above the vents. I spoke to a body guy and he said it might be fixed by applying some heat to that area and pushing it out. If not, paint prep on the hood would fix that issue. The clear coat is also hazy in several spots. Again, paint prep would fix or you'd have to get it recleared if left CF. Again, $1,000 hood. Looking to get $350. Here's a pic.

(3) Used Volk GT7 - Gunmetal - 19x8.5(+23) front and 19x9.5(+24) rear with Toyo T1r 245/35/19 front and 285/30/19 rear. Tires have about 6,000 miles on them and look to be in good shape. The rims have minor scratches here and there, but still look pretty good. These fit over big brakes and have a nice deep lip. No rubbing with this set up. Below is a pic of them on my car. Reason for selling -- I have a set of new Gloss Black Volk GT7's waiting to go on my Z. Looking to get between $1900-2000. U pick up. The Toyo tires alone cost about $1,000.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Bump, for some beautiful wheels. Good luck - sorry I'm out of $$ for now and have 3 sets of wheels.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
zbrid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, How is everyone? Its been a long winter, But I put my Z back on the road today!

I'll have a lot of time for meets this year! Since I'm laid-off

Last edited by zbrid; 03-17-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Shiawase

First Event of the Year for Me:
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course || May 23-May 24 || HPDE with BMWCCA

Come out, rock out, and enjoy an amazing track day at one of the big five tracks of America.
http://www.nohiobmwcca.org/events/Ev...px?EventID=225
Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
h8bumps

Originally Posted by skingy
i tried installing my test pipes yesterday. after realizing the floor jack was too tall and having to buy ramps, i made the mistake in thinking it would only take a couple hours tops. i think i went through half a can of liquid wrench, and the bolts i could get to still wouldn't budge! i got one bolt off. that was it.

for the upper part of the cats, where they connect to the headers, 2 of the 3 bolts are next to impossible to get at. is there a trick?!

needless to say, i put it all back together and gave up (which i hate doing) for the night. after a couple hours and many bumps, scrapes and nicks later. Z=1. scott=0.
If you drive up on a 2 x 4, you can fit a floor jack under the car.

Liquid wrench plus the 'enforcer' will loosen bolts.

As far as getting to the bolts that connect to the exhaust manifolds, it's a combination of different size extensions, plus a universal joint. You weave your arm up around the suspension components to find an orientation that you can hold the ratchet.

Or, as some of the guys have found, using a long extension and getting at the bolts from the top side of the motor.

And sometimes you need Nick to remove exhaust hangers.

AJ knows all the secrets. Make sure he's at the mod party!!!

Edit: The 'enforcer' is a piece of pipe put over the ratchet handle to get more leverage.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM
ODEHBOY

gl on the sale of the volks. if they dont sell. let me kno. maybe i can find a way to get some money

Originally Posted by Shiawase
First Event of the Year for Me:
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course || May 23-May 24 || HPDE with BMWCCA

Come out, rock out, and enjoy an amazing track day at one of the big five tracks of America.
http://www.nohiobmwcca.org/events/Ev...px?EventID=225
woah. thats alot of monies.. but looks fun. wheres that at?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
freedom_wave

i might have my stock hood cut to look like the Nismo RS hoodm,too
anyone can introduce me a reliable shop that i can do it in detoit area thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
blackturbog35

Default New on here

Hey guys i finally decided to join this website. Am new on here but would love to come and meet some cool people. I have been to diff car meets in ATL and really fall in Love with all this. So let me knw when is the next meet in Mich if am in town would love to come by.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:56 PM
blueper4mancez

you blackturbog35 , did speed industry built your car ? if you're down in georgia go to forged performance for tunning and building ,one of the best shop in the country period .
Old 03-18-2009, 04:53 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by blackturbog35
Hey guys i finally decided to join this website. Am new on here but would love to come and meet some cool people. I have been to diff car meets in ATL and really fall in Love with all this. So let me knw when is the next meet in Mich if am in town would love to come by.
Give us details on your G.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:22 AM
blackturbog35

My friend you are rite abt the best shop in Georgia but its not Forged Performance but its the one called z1 motorsports. they are redoing everything and finsighing my project that took Speed Industry Owner Jan 18 Months and never finished it. I dropped my car there late 2007 I dont live in the country much due to I have a business in Dubai. I have been around the world 4 times since dropping my car to Jan but after getting back to Michigan in Feb 2009 my car wasnt still done. So I went there Picked up my car and took to to z1 motorsports. Now they took it all apart b.c someone cant work on G and Z's but just wanted the business. Its embarrasing that after 17 months of keeping my car they cant get it finished. So pls I advise everyone with G's and Z's to not tale ur car to this shop. they dont even knw how to tune these cars because all they work on is Subaru's or Honda's. I have alot more to say but will sart a New THREAD.
Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
you blackturbog35 , did speed industry built your car ? if you're down in georgia go to forged performance for tunning and building ,one of the best shop in the country period .
Old 03-18-2009, 05:29 AM
blackturbog35

Default Details on my car

Turbonetics single turbo kit
- Altered Atmosphere fuel system
- Kinetix intake manifold
- Samco hoses
- Tein coil over suspension with EDFC
- Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
- Hotchkis front and rear control arms
- Strup headers
- Unorthodox pulleys
- Stoptech big brake kit
- Defi BF series full gauge set
- Blitz color boost controller
- Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
- Custom 3" single exhaust
- ARC goodies everywhere
- Engine fully built
- ARP head studs
- Cometic head gaskets
- CP pistons
- Eagle rods
- Carbonetic Diff
- Carbonetic Clutch
I will give you more details because my turbo kit is out and APS EXTREME is going on the car. Thats what I wanted to begin with but Speed Industry owner Jan dint knw **** abt it so he was like "ohh man Turbonetics is awesome". Am about to start a New thread on speed industry will be there in few days just getting everythng together. Pls dont go to this shop its a waste of ur time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. My friend took his Mazda speed6 in there aswell to get it bully built and turbo and his car was there over a yr and now its not working due to poor installing done by Speed Industry.
Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Give us details on your G.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:31 AM
blackturbog35

Dont go to speed industy you life will be ruined and they will F**K your car up. Trust me on this one.
Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
for the nitrous install , go to speed industry he's done a couple before .
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Datona Jess

Wow a few new guys!
Excellent maybe we will all have to get together sooner then later!!!

Skingy, yeah testpipes are a pain, and I can help you get them the easy way.
"Work smarter not harder" is always my motto on these dang things.
Also I bet we can install the NX kit, I have experience with NOS kits, though to be honest not on a Z
If you come to the mod party bring it by so we can have a look at how hard it will be

Sorry to hear about your G, I think Jan came to mne with a few questions on it ironically.
It was a black G35 so I assume it was yours. I didn't know he STILL had your car though.

Yancy-as always your car is stunning, can't believe your getting rid of the wheels...
Someone will pick those up for sure that is a really reasonable price for that stuff.

Last edited by Datona Jess; 03-18-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 AM
skingy

Originally Posted by h8bumps
If you drive up on a 2 x 4, you can fit a floor jack under the car.

Liquid wrench plus the 'enforcer' will loosen bolts.

As far as getting to the bolts that connect to the exhaust manifolds, it's a combination of different size extensions, plus a universal joint. You weave your arm up around the suspension components to find an orientation that you can hold the ratchet.

Or, as some of the guys have found, using a long extension and getting at the bolts from the top side of the motor.

And sometimes you need Nick to remove exhaust hangers.

AJ knows all the secrets. Make sure he's at the mod party!!!

Edit: The 'enforcer' is a piece of pipe put over the ratchet handle to get more leverage.
brilliant... thanks so much!! i'll definitely leave this for the mod party guru's. lol - 2x4's to gain clearance for a jack... simply brilliant!

Quick Reply: DETROIT Z (meets and events)