Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

DETROIT Z (meets and events)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Phreakdout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ When are you leaving? I'm headed to the Knoxville area tomorrow morning. (Same route as you down I75.) I plan to leave here first thing in the morning. I'll be getting off at Exit 72 on I75 in Tennessee. If you run into any problems, you have my cell phone number. I will have tools with me. Too bad you're missing ZDayZ. You are soooo close. Starts next thursday.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 05-22-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:35 AM
amsyed84

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Getting the mod bug again. Just bought a pair of Seibon CF sideskirts from Gruppe S for $150 shipped. (They have spider cracking in the clear coating but not into the fiber weave. ) I was planning to paint the top half and leave the bottom edge exposed CF which is in perfect condition. They were out of the box damaged parts.

Anyone know what needs to be done to prep CF for paint? I'd imagine some sanding down is needed esp in the spider crack marks. There's got to be a way to stop the spreading of the cracks.

Hard to pass up for $150. That's almost the shipping alone.

I'm also meeting up with another member who has a new Stillen Series I front bumper. He's going to bring it to ZDayZ. I'll end up leaving it with family in Tennessee and they will have it painted for me. Maybe I will be sporting this in July. For $235 on a bumper that retails full price at $600, it works for me.

Good God, I hope I can clear a piece of gravel after I'm done.

^ Damn Brian i guess its on now LOL... Yea man can't wait to see it finished those side skirts look so much lick the c-west sides don't they?

Last edited by amsyed84; 05-22-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AznSky
Steve how was the last SEMPCA event? I can't believe I haven't been to the track yet, just all autox's for me so far this year. Money is super tight.
SEMPCA @ Waterford was great! Not too many cars, great weather, great instructor. 4 x 20min sessions wore me out. Car ran great, I like the added low-end torque that the mrev2 and spacer gave me. I think I shaved a second or two off my time on a few laps.

Too bad you can't get out to the track. I probably get more seat time in a half day of HPDE than I would in an entire year of auto-x.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 AM
AznSky

^^ When are you leaving? I'm headed to the Knoxville area tomorrow morning. (Same route as you down I75.) I plan to leave here first thing in the morning. I'll be getting off at Exit 72 on I75 in Tennessee. If you run into any problems, you have my cell phone number. I will have tools with me. Too bad you're missing ZDayZ. You are soooo close. Starts next thursday.
I'm actually flying down tonight. And I just mapquested how far it would be from Atlanta, and it's only like an hour!! I'm totally bummed I'm missing ZdayZ. Maybe I should just plan ahead to go to next years no matter what! Take tons of pictures man and let us all know how it goes. Are you still going with Billy?

Originally Posted by thekinn;
Too bad you can't get out to the track. I probably get more seat time in a half day of HPDE than I would in an entire year of auto-x. .
I know I know, but it's the only thing I can resort to, plus I'm having a fun time going against faster cars and trying to improve my times I still hope to hit Mid-Ohio in August (gotta start saving now!)

Plus I like the fact that I can drive like 100% on an autox and not fear crashing. Yet on the track I'm still like 70% so chances of improving are a bit more difficult.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Phreakdout

I'm actually flying down tonight. And I just mapquested how far it would be from Atlanta, and it's only like an hour!! I'm totally bummed I'm missing ZdayZ. Maybe I should just plan ahead to go to next years no matter what! Take tons of pictures man and let us all know how it goes. Are you still going with Billy?
Yes, you should plan to attend next year. This is my first year but I used to live in the area. So I know how much fun it is. Will do on the pictures. Actually I leave tomorrow am. I think Billy is leaving mid week. (Just guessing)

I'm praying Ali can get the time off. He was interested in going. I know his ZR would be a hit.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Datona Jess

Brian, those are going to look awesome on your car.
Man you are modding the HELL out of that thing.
Really cool man!

I am hoping to make it to a Zdays maybe next year it will workout.
Everyone be safe down there!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Brian, those are going to look awesome on your car.
Man you are modding the HELL out of that thing.
Really cool man!

I am hoping to make it to a Zdays maybe next year it will workout.
Everyone be safe down there!
Thanks AJ, but I'm running out of inexpensive stuff to do. The expensive stuff starts under the hood. So I may have to take a year + off of the mods and save for some forged internals, stroker kit and a couple of turbos. (Just dreaming I'm sure ... LOL)
Old 05-24-2009, 09:16 AM
amsyed84

Man... I got sooo much stuff on the way can't wait till it gets here

I wish we could have another modd party. I would host it, but my drive way is to small .
Old 05-24-2009, 11:20 AM
amsyed84

I'm praying Ali can get the time off. He was interested in going. I know his ZR would be a hit.

Yea i'm so pissed off i want to go soooo badly i'v been fighting to get those days off but its no go for me
Old 05-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Datona Jess

Originally Posted by amsyed84
Man... I got sooo much stuff on the way can't wait till it gets here

I wish we could have another modd party. I would host it, but my drive way is to small .
Brain, just keep doing that you are man.
Put spray on it!

Ali we can have it here again I don't care.
Though the turnout was AMAZING so I hope we can get them all back.

What did ya get?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:41 PM
amsyed84

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Ali we can have it here again I don't care.
Though the turnout was AMAZING so I hope we can get them all back.

What did ya get?
Heres a list of whats coming in

C-West FRP Side Skirts coming straight from Japan $640 shipped

Mastergrade TS Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser all thanks to Dan Spielman at M1Autosport for the great deal $675 shipped

Carbon Fiber colling shroud slam panel $100 shipped

Greddy spectrum SE Exhaust system $559 shipped

Last edited by amsyed84; 05-25-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Phreakdout

Nice!! That is the best cooling shroud to get. (Dished out around the latch and it covers the air inlet to the engine bay.) I probably will sweitch to that one. Let me know where you git it for $100. Mine is the flat cheap one that hits the hood when closed.

Schedule the install party and I will be there. I'm praying I can get the bumper painted down here in Tennessee so I don't have to haul it back. I guess I will know on Thursday if the guy can prime and spray it. If so, I might actually zip down from ZDayZ to the shop for a few hours to quickly change bumpers. LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 PM
BobaFettm

Phreakdout was is your first name so I dont feel like an idiot thursday - friday when I see ya at ZdayZ lol...

mine is Derek btw
Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 AM
AznSky

Man, fun weekend for me in ATL. Ate a TON of food which was awesome. Also visited Forged and chatted with Sharif for a bit. Super cool guy, not one of those weird car nuts who's like smart with cars but doesn't have any ppl skills. Their shop looked small from the outside, but man do they have tons of awesome cars inside. I'll have to post pics up tonight.

Ali man you're freakin crazy. Why didn't you just go with replica C-West sides and save like $400 bucks? I guess props to you for going legit. I'll be up for helping out at the next mod-day. Won't have anything to install (for once). So is everybody gonna meet at the Belle Isle event on June 21st?

Derek, Phreak's name is Brian, also an awesomely cool guy. Hope you guys have fun down south. Don't forget to bring the mosquito repellant!!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 AM
BobaFettm

Derek, Phreak's name is Brian, also an awesomely cool guy. Hope you guys have fun down south. Don't forget to bring the mosquito repellant!!
Cool deal! Mosquito repellant?! You means vodka?! hahaha... actually I just got over being HELLA sick. Like hospital type bad... so I can't be drinking at ZdayZ really
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Phreakdout

Derek, Phreak's name is Brian, also an awesomely cool guy.
Don't be spreading bad rumors like that!

I look forward to meeting up Derek! I'm sure your car will be easy to find. I arrive on Thursday probably early afternoon. I'm staying in a Willows Cabin which is in the 900's I believe. You can't miss my red roadster with the 20's.

I'm in South Carolina right now on a business trip while my Z is sleeping at the In-Law's house in Tennessee. I'm picking up a Stillen front bumper tomorrow night in NC and checking with a body shop on Thursday am to see if they can spray it while I'm in the mountains. (Probably not, but worth a try.)

Have a safe trip - See ya there.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
BobaFettm

haha! Well I'll see ya Thursday cuz ill be there around then in the willows too
Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default PCA/SEM HPDE 6/11 @ Waterford Hills

Lots of track time, nice people, nice cars, good instructors, catered lunch, and lots of track time. $160. I'm in.

http://www.sempca.org/waterford/index.html
Old 06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
skingy

hey AJ, Rob, Brian... whoever was at the first mod party: what was the name of that can of white crap that was amazing at loosening the rusty bolts?

i'm going to be installing a dual exhaust very soon. i may not need it since AJ had my stock stuff apart, but i want to have it on hand just in case.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Phreakdout

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131514

Rob: Not sure if you're still going to the Crofoot Car Show / Party tomorrow night. I just pm'd Ngadia and I won't be attending. I've got a grad party to attend for a friend's son and I'll prolly get hammered there ... for free. LOL.

Take pictures if you do go. I'd like to see how this turned out.

Quick Reply: DETROIT Z (meets and events)