Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

DETROIT Z (meets and events)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Datona Jess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott

Its called Bolt breaker
Its a Red and Yellow Can, the stuff is amazing

Let me know if you need any help with it man

**** if I was in town I would have gone with you to that Rob.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
AznSky

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131514

Rob: Not sure if you're still going to the Crofoot Car Show / Party tomorrow night. I just pm'd Ngadia and I won't be attending. I've got a grad party to attend for a friend's son and I'll prolly get hammered there ... for free. LOL.

Take pictures if you do go. I'd like to see how this turned out.
Nope didn't go either. Looked like it was poorly planned. Went to Ohio and autocrossed 2 days in a row
Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lapeer Dragway - Saturday Test'n'tune

Who wants to head out to Lapeer for some drag-race fun? I'd like to get some of you guys together for a Saturday outing. It's open from 12-5pm, $25 for as many passes as you want.

The last (and first) time I went I could just make hot-laps..I lost count of how many passes I made. Basically no waiting (compared to Milan - where I got 2.. yes TWO passes the whole night.)

How about Sat 6/27/09 or
Sat 7/11/09

(i doubt they are open on the 4th.. I also doubt many of you could make it out on the holiday)

Who's In? What day?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by cturnbull802
has anyone done spc rear camber arms and bolts?

i am kinda unsure about elongating the hole and dont have anything to do it with
I just got my bolts today. I have a dremel but I need to pick up a #115 bit if I remember correctly. I'll probably do mine Friday or sometime next week.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
thekinn

Default Lapeer Dragway - Sat. 6/27 12pm

I'm shooting for Sat 6/27/09. I'll be there around 12 - 12:30. That's 1 week from this Saturday.

(...and my 999th post...)
Old 06-18-2009, 01:01 PM
AznSky

Originally Posted by thekinn
I'm shooting for Sat 6/27/09. I'll be there around 12 - 12:30. That's 1 week from this Saturday.

(...and my 999th post...)

I actually do want to get drag racing a shot. But sorry dude, I'll be drinking mai tai's on the beach in South Beach FL, waiting to go onto my 8 day Cruise to the Carribeans the next day
Old 06-18-2009, 02:17 PM
blueper4mancez

all the funs are in the weekend . i wish there are some events during week days mon-wed. have fun at lapeer use the left lane as much as you can . i heard it hooks up alot better from my friends that drag race there .
Old 06-24-2009, 05:37 AM
thekinn

Default Lapeer Dragway - Sat. 6/27 12pm

I'm shooting for Sat 6/27/09. I'll be there around 12 - 12:30.
This is still a go if anyone is interested. I see there are lots of things going on this weekend. Hopefully it will cool down a tad on Saturday.. 13.99!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 AM
AznSky

Hey Steve my roommate and his friends are going to Milan tonight. Guess you're not going?

I really want to try one time just to see what I can run. Hell I probably won't even do a burnout (cuz I don't know how to haha) so sad....
Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by AznSky
Hey Steve my roommate and his friends are going to Milan tonight. Guess you're not going?

I really want to try one time just to see what I can run. Hell I probably won't even do a burnout (cuz I don't know how to haha) so sad....
1) Remember, you are racing against yourself, not the other driver. Unlike NHRA drag racing, the light will turn green but your ET doesn't start till you cross the line. So don't worry about cutting a good light.

2) Since you're running stock tires instead of slicks, you really don't need a burnout. I doubt you will get the tires sticky enough to make a difference. Just focus on being consistant. If you have a headrest camera, take a video of your gages. When are you shifting? How fast are you shifting ...etc. If you can be consistant, then you can tell if mods are helping.

3) If you plan to do this often, especially if you want to test and tune, keep a note pad in your car with dates, temperatures, mods done, ET, reaction time if given. This will be valuable data later.

4) Go with a friend who can pit for you. You want to shed as much weight as possible. Let your friend watch the jack stands, floor jack, tools, spare tire, pass seat, etc... instead of trying to race fully loaded.

Have Fun!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:26 AM
thekinn

Originally Posted by AznSky

Nope. I think I am done with Milan - unless it is a private rental. Just too damn packed to have any fun. Let me know how many passes they get in.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
skingy

...and i can guarantee that AAA will keep the suit legally bound-up for years. they'll drag it out hoping to wear on your patience to a point where you'll give up. a good friend of mine was in an accident that wasn't her fault, she was seriously injured, and still couldn't get AAA to pay right away. so she sued, and i believe she got her money like 4 years later. i don't think it was everything she was suing for either.

anyhow, good luck - hopefully everything works out in your favor and you can be in another Z!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
thekinn

Originally Posted by amsyed84
So AAA wants me to come in on Thursday to meet with the lady that's working on my claim because they need to "clear up a few things" My buddy says they can't force me to come in and that they should have payed for the car by now, he's telling me to hire an attorney and the him take care of this whole mess but i don't want it to come to that, I'll have to spend allot on an attorney
Is your buddy an attorney? I'm not either.. I don't know the rules... It might be worth it to get some consultation here... I'm suspicious that the insurance company wants you to say 'the wrong things' on the record - to avoid payment... Do you want to spend a couple thousand, in order to get full payment? or do you want to risk losing it all by yourself?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM
jeff91ta

AAA seems way too shady about this, I'd be careful on what you say.

In my past I was hit by a motorcycle and was driving my car which was in my dad's name in order to save money on insurance since I was 18.... the insurance company had no idea I even drove the car because we told them my dad was the "only" driver. Well State Farm paid the full claim immediately and didn't even question me at the time even though they knew I was driving when the accident occured. About a month later they sent a letter asking us to list who in the family drove what vehicles and that was it.

I don't understand why AAA is giving you a hard time as "other" people will drive any owner's car periodically (just look at AJ he lets everyone drive his car). If you haven't given up too much info I would stick to the story that it's your dad's car and unfortunately he let you borrow it that night.

AJ -- congrats on the 370z, I'll have to check it out sooner or later.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Phreakdout

If they want to get formal on you, wear 'em down. Anything that "goes on record" is not subject to their interpretation. (Such as the tone of your voice, the length of time it took to respond, yada, yada, yada...)

You also have a right to record the conversation. You must tell them it is being recorded. "For your record." Do not mention the word "attorney or lawyer." As soon as you do, they may be required to stop and only proceed under the direct advice of their attorney. You don't want that as it will take years.

What they hope to achieve is to get a conflicting story. The accident was some time ago. Prepare your story in writing. Every detail word for word. Make a copy for them. Make sure the story lines up with your other statements. Delete any online postings that may say otherwise.

When asked about your story, start reading. They will say "In your own words..." "Or they will ask details ... ONLY refer back to the paper. This is your written statement. This is the only thing you are to say.

Do not, under any circumstances feel the need to answer quickly. Schedule the meeting for as late as possible in the evening. They will want to wrap it up quickly then.

Keep the story that it is your father's car. (It is in his name, the insurance is in his name ... hense it is his car.) When they ask you questions about your life, ask if that is relevant? As for the policy, you should respond, "It's his car ... ask him!" For details on the accident, show them the Police report. Give them a copy of your story. There is no need to elaborate beyond that.

If they ask a question you're not sure about, tell them you are not comfortable with this interrogation. Excuse yourself and go in the hall with your Dad. Tell them English is sometimes difficult for you or your Dad and you want to make sure the answer is correct. Discuss the perfect answer there and wait 10 minutes. After a couple of these, combined with a late meeting and they will do anything to end it quickly.

Time is on your side. If everything goes to crap, pull the race card. (No offense ... but hey use it as it scares the crap out of their attorney.) Ask them " Do all of your policy holders go through this much questioning or just the ones with a name like Ali?" That will guarantee a settlement as that is a path they don't want to go down.

They are grasping for straws. They know what happened but they will depend on your statements to provide the proof. Give them nothing to use. Wear them down and scare the crap out of them with the hint (not threat) of a civil rights law suit.

Don't be scared, you hold the cards. Remember that they should be talking to your Dad, not you. You just borrowed the car. As for the mods, have your Dad tell them that you were building the car for him. That when you were finished, that he'd planned to give it to you as a surprise. But legally it is his and in his possesion.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:26 AM
thekinn

Default Boyland Nissan of Macomb meet 7/11 10:30-3

Not sure if anyone has posted this meet up. Similar to the Dick Scott meet, but, at Boyland Nissan out on Hall Road. Sat 7/11 from 10:30-3.. supposed to be a big meet.. I'll probably head out there for a bit and visit my parents after.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 AM
nallen

I'm new to the forum, and have been looking to meet up with some people. I'm in for the Boyland meet.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by nallen
I'm new to the forum, and have been looking to meet up with some people. I'm in for the Boyland meet.
Welcome! Post up some pics so we can recognize your ride on the streets!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 PM
skingy

Not sure if anyone has posted this meet up. Similar to the Dick Scott meet, but, at Boyland Nissan out on Hall Road. Sat 7/11 from 10:30-3.. supposed to be a big meet.. I'll probably head out there for a bit and visit my parents after.
crap. i have family coming in from out of town next weekend.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by skingy
crap. i have family coming in from out of town next weekend.
When family is in town, that is the time I REALLY want out of the house. LOL

Quick Reply: DETROIT Z (meets and events)