Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:10 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by CUL8ER
Where.
Omaha. Sounds like it's going to be at Steve's work lot, and they have a bunch of local businesses that are going to be there as part of the fundraiser.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 AM
blueVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Omaha. Sounds like it's going to be at Steve's work lot, and they have a bunch of local businesses that are going to be there as part of the fundraiser.

i think i might be down to make a run out there for that
Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 AM
cbreater

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
I have 2 as well, an 05 R1 and a 02 kawi ZRX1200R tho one is going up for sale tho

I dig the ZRX. I looked hard at a 99 1100 but ended up not getting it back in the day. Nice bike. My father owns it's grandpa so I've always dug on them.

The R1? Meh....they're ok.
We'll have to go for a spin one day either on 2 or 4......or 1 if you're so inclined.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 AM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
I have 2 as well, an 05 R1 and a 02 kawi ZRX1200R tho one is going up for sale tho
how many miles on the R1, and is it the Raven ed.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 AM
CUL8ER

Damn weather I wanted to take out the 944 down to the midway/Porky's area today doesn't look good.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Doesn't look that bad. I heard it was supposed to rain today, now they're calling for sun.

I got my resonated test pipes today! Muahahahahaha!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Sotomatic

Ahh I'm loving Arizona! 80s and sunny ALL DAY! WOO!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Sotomatic
Ahh I'm loving Arizona! 80s and sunny ALL DAY! WOO!!!
STFU or I'll stuff a potato in your bumper duct...

I hear it's supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow, so I might actually clean out my garage a little bit.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
flipwils11

Hey guys, surfed in here wanting to find a 350z board after seeing a guy get snagged in Eagan last night. My wife and I were driving to the Eagan community center where there is an indoor playground for our 3-year-old son. As I'm heading west on Lone Oak Road approaching the light for Pilot **** an (Eagan I think) cop is trailing me a bit. A few hundred feet from the intersection (I had the red light) a light-colored (silver maybe?) 350z turning right from Pilot **** onto Lone Oak to head toward 35E comes around the corner and kicks the tail out into a half power slide, gathers it up quickly, and then rather than accelerate, sees the cop trailing me and hits the brakes.

He passes by me and in my rearview mirror, I see the cop do a quick U-turn and accelerate hard to catch up. As Rainman would say..... "uhhh ooh....".

I've done enough dumb stuff like that on my own so I'm not here to pass judgement, just wondered if it was one of you and hopefully you didn't get nailed for a reckless driving ticket.

I do have to say though, really sucked to pull off that maneuver right in front of a cop. Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time!

Adam
2003 BMW 540i 6spd
1980 BMW M535i
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
CUL8ER

Doesn't look that bad. I heard it was supposed to rain today, now they're calling for sun.

I got my resonated test pipes today! Muahahahahaha!
Went out cruising around UNI, I just got back as it started to sprinkle.Tomorrow does look better.I still have those wheel dollies if you want them.I am going to set up a little stand on Park and Lake street and see what I can get for a trade? I do need a new refrigerator or some copper piping.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
CUL8ER

Originally Posted by flipwils11
Hey guys, surfed in here wanting to find a 350z board after seeing a guy get snagged in Eagan last night. My wife and I were driving to the Eagan community center where there is an indoor playground for our 3-year-old son. As I'm heading west on Lone Oak Road approaching the light for Pilot **** an (Eagan I think) cop is trailing me a bit. A few hundred feet from the intersection (I had the red light) a light-colored (silver maybe?) 350z turning right from Pilot **** onto Lone Oak to head toward 35E comes around the corner and kicks the tail out into a half power slide, gathers it up quickly, and then rather than accelerate, sees the cop trailing me and hits the brakes.

He passes by me and in my rearview mirror, I see the cop do a quick U-turn and accelerate hard to catch up. As Rainman would say..... "uhhh ooh....".

I've done enough dumb stuff like that on my own so I'm not here to pass judgement, just wondered if it was one of you and hopefully you didn't get nailed for a reckless driving ticket.

I do have to say though, really sucked to pull off that maneuver right in front of a cop. Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time!

Adam
2003 BMW 540i 6spd
1980 BMW M535i
Why, whats the point really? so somebody probably just took there Z out and got a little to aggressive around a corner, while I don't condone his/her's action it happens to the best of us.I don't think rubbing it in and stating their down falls helps, I am sure he or she realizes that was bad timing/judgment. I own a magnetic black Z.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Went out cruising around UNI, I just got back as it started to sprinkle.Tomorrow does look better.I still have those wheel dollies if you want them.I am going to set up a little stand on Park and Lake street and see what I can get for a trade? I do need a new refrigerator or some copper piping.
I called dibs on those dollies! I wonder if I should chance a visit to Uni.

Adam
2003 BMW 540i 6spd
1980 BMW M535i
Nice first post, I guess. As was stated before, we all do dumb things during exciting, adrenaline fed times. I know I have.

Was it really worth registering just to post that? I see Bimmers and other fun cars do stupid stuff all the time, but I surely don't go to that site and post about it. C'est la vie.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:21 PM
CUL8ER

make a little trip tomorrow I can meet you at porky's, bullsh!t for a minute. Give you the dollies and you can get back to your exhaust I don't have my Z out yet but I will bring the redneck mobile.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 PM
flipwils11

Nice first post, I guess. As was stated before, we all do dumb things during exciting, adrenaline fed times. I know I have.

Was it really worth registering just to post that? I see Bimmers and other fun cars do stupid stuff all the time, but I surely don't go to that site and post about it. C'est la vie.
I wanted to post and ask whether the guy got out of it, not to rub it in. You both obviously fail at reading comprehension because I did make a point to state that I have done stupid things such as this and was in no way trying to point the finger at this guy. If anything I wondered if the cop was cool about it, a jerk, or somewhere in between. I am NOT one of those people that insists on nagging about "save it for the track" and other car message board catchphrases around situations like this. We have fun in our cars and unfortunately it came at bad time for this guy.

As I said, I was in my car with my wife and 3-year-old son. This guy gathered it up nicely and I did not feel endangered by his episode in any way, so my hat's off to him for being a competent driver.

Does that offer enough proof that I'm not here to berate this guy or do you two still wish to nail me to the cross for my first post? Sheesh.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:27 PM
CUL8ER

I wanted to post and ask whether the guy got out of it, not to rub it in. You both obviously fail at reading comprehension because I did make a point to state that I have done stupid things such as this and was in no way trying to point the finger at this guy. If anything I wondered if the cop was cool about it, a jerk, or somewhere in between. I am NOT one of those people that insists on nagging about "save it for the track" and other car message board catchphrases around situations like this. We have fun in our cars and unfortunately it came at bad time for this guy.

As I said, I was in my car with my wife and 3-year-old son. This guy gathered it up nicely and I did not feel endangered by his episode in any way, so my hat's off to him for being a competent driver.

Does that offer enough proof that I'm not here to berate this guy or do you two still wish to nail me to the cross for my first post? Sheesh.
Nice insults on you're 2nd post, man you are not off to a good start. Keep that **** to your self and your BMW buddy's you schmuck.

Last edited by CUL8ER; 03-20-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
CUL8ER

[QUOTE=Sotomatic;7100896]Ahh I'm loving Arizona! 80s and sunny ALL DAY! WOO!!![/ But do you have your Z with you?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Sotomatic

C'mon guys knock it off! From my reading his posts it didnt seem like he registered to ragg on a 350z owner. Seems like he was just curious if the driver was an owner registered here and how it all turned out.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Sotomatic

But do you have your Z with you?
No but my brother lent me his 07 touring while hes at work
Old 03-20-2009, 01:46 PM
CUL8ER

Sorry that's not how I took it. With the owned sign, and I thought it was just point less/stupid to ask. I mean come on now, what was supposed to happened that the guy or girl was actually going to admit to it sure.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:52 PM
CUL8ER

Originally Posted by Sotomatic
No but my brother lent me his 07 touring while hes at work
Nice and I am jealous. Arizona has some really nice roads,u can see forever.Not a pot hole in sight

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread