Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:31 PM
blueVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipwils11
Hey guys, surfed in here wanting to find a 350z board after seeing a guy get snagged in Eagan last night. My wife and I were driving to the Eagan community center where there is an indoor playground for our 3-year-old son. As I'm heading west on Lone Oak Road approaching the light for Pilot **** an (Eagan I think) cop is trailing me a bit. A few hundred feet from the intersection (I had the red light) a light-colored (silver maybe?) 350z turning right from Pilot **** onto Lone Oak to head toward 35E comes around the corner and kicks the tail out into a half power slide, gathers it up quickly, and then rather than accelerate, sees the cop trailing me and hits the brakes.

He passes by me and in my rearview mirror, I see the cop do a quick U-turn and accelerate hard to catch up. As Rainman would say..... "uhhh ooh....".

I've done enough dumb stuff like that on my own so I'm not here to pass judgement, just wondered if it was one of you and hopefully you didn't get nailed for a reckless driving ticket.

I do have to say though, really sucked to pull off that maneuver right in front of a cop. Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time!

Adam
2003 BMW 540i 6spd
1980 BMW M535i

welcome ,, i didn't think you where tryin to offend anybody i think maybe they just misunderstood your post.. i seemed to me almost like you where givin somone props and or a little sh** and was just curious..... i'd like to know who it was too! any way whatev whats done is done
Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 PM
schm1147

Originally Posted by blueVQ
welcome ,, i didn't think you where tryin to offend anybody i think maybe they just misunderstood your post.. i seemed to me almost like you where givin somone props and or a little sh** and was just curious..... i'd like to know who it was too! any way whatev whats done is done
In an attempt to not take sides since I haven't met any of you yet (although I will hopefully in April 25th) and it might rub people the wrong way since we seem to be a bit jumpy and defensive but...I didn't take it that way either.

I was laughing reading the post because I (Disclaimer-not sure what you can acutally write on a post) pu$$ out every time I kick out the back end a bit in fear that a cop is lurking in some unforseen area.

When really what I would love to do is F$@#@ take that off ramp in full on power drift with my hand out the door pointing at the traffic that I'm about to merge into with smoke being thrown out the back of my Z. Not sure if anyone just gives in to that temptation...but I might give in one of these days!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:48 PM
tenpenniesz

Originally Posted by Sotomatic
C'mon guys knock it off! From my reading his posts it didnt seem like he registered to ragg on a 350z owner. Seems like he was just curious if the driver was an owner registered here and how it all turned out.
+1. We don't want to give Z owners a bad rap. Thanks for the check in.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:36 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by flipwils11
I wanted to post and ask whether the guy got out of it, not to rub it in. You both obviously fail at reading comprehension because I did make a point to state that I have done stupid things such as this and was in no way trying to point the finger at this guy. If anything I wondered if the cop was cool about it, a jerk, or somewhere in between. I am NOT one of those people that insists on nagging about "save it for the track" and other car message board catchphrases around situations like this. We have fun in our cars and unfortunately it came at bad time for this guy.

As I said, I was in my car with my wife and 3-year-old son. This guy gathered it up nicely and I did not feel endangered by his episode in any way, so my hat's off to him for being a competent driver.

Does that offer enough proof that I'm not here to berate this guy or do you two still wish to nail me to the cross for my first post? Sheesh.
I'm insulted by that bold comment. That is all. I do not fail at reading comprehension. I do fail to understand the whole point of registering to make a post.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 PM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My bad. I should of said hello then really shortly after that, like the next word, said goodbye.Just pointless.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
flipwils11

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
I'm insulted by that bold comment. That is all. I do not fail at reading comprehension. I do fail to understand the whole point of registering to make a post.
Umm.... because I couldn't post without registering?

Originally Posted by CUL8ER
Nice insults on you're 2nd post, man you are not off to a good start. Keep that **** to your self and your BMW buddy's you schmuck.
Are you familiar with the term "e-thugging"? Pretty pathetic.

Anyway, thanks to the others who responded who don't have extremely thin skin. Like I said, I hope the guy didn't get a reckless driving ticket from that cop. Best wishes to this board.

I'll be at the eurowerkz show in Minneapolis in Mid-June with my 1980 so those of you that might attend (and are the cool, laid-back, car enthusiast types who would throw back a beer and laugh) should say hi. I'm a regular on bimmerforums if any of you hang out there.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
CUL8ER

e-thugging that's nice.Whats pathetic is you act like you care what happened to the driver.That is pathetic that you go out of your way for a post.Can you contribute anything to this forum, you own a BMW and your posting on a 350z forum, just pointless.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:47 PM
CUL8ER

obviously I 'm not alone on this, but what the hell is the point? seriously u know how much dumb **** we see on a daily with drivers on the roads.I never wanted to join a Minivan forum on the sole purpose to ask what happened? because I don't care.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:06 PM
CUL8ER

Adam I am not trying to be a tough guy(and my butt doesn't hurt), I think it was a bad question/inquire, then you insulted me(what ever who cares).So if you are going to post here, lets start over. I will be attending the eurowerks show with my 1983 944 you can't miss it we can talk face to face, with a beer of course.Imported or domestic

Last edited by CUL8ER; 03-20-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 PM
blueVQ

Originally Posted by schm1147
In an attempt to not take sides since I haven't met any of you yet (although I will hopefully in April 25th) and it might rub people the wrong way since we seem to be a bit jumpy and defensive but...I didn't take it that way either.

I was laughing reading the post because I (Disclaimer-not sure what you can acutally write on a post) pu$$ out every time I kick out the back end a bit in fear that a cop is lurking in some unforseen area.

When really what I would love to do is F$@#@ take that off ramp in full on power drift with my hand out the door pointing at the traffic that I'm about to merge into with smoke being thrown out the back of my Z. Not sure if anyone just gives in to that temptation...but I might give in one of these days!

haha hell ya! i give in sometimes.... oops... but ive never been caught yet. the only tickets i have on my record are loud exhaust, window tint, front plate, and bald tires,,,, yes bald tires its a 130 dollar ticket. i didnt even know this was a ticket till i got one.... but they still havnt caught me doin anything wrong yet so im doin good!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 PM
CUL8ER

Does anybody have there Z rolling tomorrow is looking pretty nice?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 PM
CUL8ER

Originally Posted by blueVQ
haha hell ya! i give in sometimes.... oops... but ive never been caught yet. the only tickets i have on my record are loud exhaust, window tint, front plate, and bald tires,,,, yes bald tires its a 130 dollar ticket. i didnt even know this was a ticket till i got one.... but they still havnt caught me doin anything wrong yet so im doin good!
Yea 4years not a single ticket, then last year coming back from GRD after final tune.135 on the 90 right before 94. 3 tickets and I can't drive in WI till 2011
Old 03-20-2009, 09:53 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

how many miles on the R1, and is it the Raven ed.
Yeah it is the raven edition, was big at the time being it was the first year it came out with that color, it has about 6300 on it right now, the ZRX has about 4400 on it, but the 05 R1 I think is still the best year for them. Havent been to impressed with the newer year models..

Originally Posted by cbreater

I dig the ZRX. I looked hard at a 99 1100 but ended up not getting it back in the day. Nice bike. My father owns it's grandpa so I've always dug on them.

The R1? Meh....they're ok.
We'll have to go for a spin one day either on 2 or 4......or 1 if you're so inclined.
yea i like the ZRX alot, i like the old schoolness it brings but with todays power, i looked at them for awhile deciding if i really wanted to get one especially since it would be my 2nd bike but eventually it grew more and more on me and still glad i made the purchase
Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 PM
silverbullet_Z

Hey Dave do you plan on doing anything else to the suspension of your Z since you're going out to Z days?? I'm just thinking about the dragons tail and how sweet it's going to be, been looking at alot of youtube vids of it and i cant wait. The only susp mods i have are Tein S tech springs, hotchkis f/r sways and GT spec f/r braces
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Paid my ticket today, finally. No front plate, window tint, and taillight tint. Only came out to $135. Not bad at all.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 PM
silverbullet_Z

Yea 4years not a single ticket, then last year coming back from GRD after final tune.135 on the 90 right before 94. 3 tickets and I can't drive in WI till 2011

yea i havent gotten a ticket since i was 16 (25 right now, KNOCKS ON WOOD)) and i was coming home from my parents cabin from crosslake and ended up getting pulled over in deerwood by an unmarked chevy impala, and this was at the time that they just started using the impala as a cop car, i was doin 80 in a 55 but he was nice and marked me down for doin 65 in a 55 instead
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by Spork
Paid my ticket today, finally. No front plate, window tint, and taillight tint. Only came out to $135. Not bad at all.
no not bad at all cheaper than most speeding tickets
Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 PM
CUL8ER

[QUOTE=silverbullet_Z;7103040]Yeah it is the raven edition, was big at the time being it was the first year it came out with that color, it has about 6300 on it right now, the ZRX has about 4400 on it, but the 05 R1 I think is still the best year for them. Havent been to impressed with the newer year models..

I have owned a couple of 750 Gixxers, sold my 07 last year to a dude in North Branch.I have always liked the Yamaha R1 all blacked out.What are you looking to get.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM
CUL8ER

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
yea i havent gotten a ticket since i was 16 (25 right now, KNOCKS ON WOOD)) and i was coming home from my parents cabin from crosslake and ended up getting pulled over in deerwood by an unmarked chevy impala, and this was at the time that they just started using the impala as a cop car, i was doin 80 in a 55 but he was nice and marked me down for doin 65 in a 55 instead
I think for the most part Officers are pretty cool as long as you realize you messed up(not a dick about it) .The unmarked state trooper that pulled me over could have impounded my car(witch would of sucked, but my fault) and brought me to the station for processing/booking.(witch would also suck)
Old 03-21-2009, 12:16 AM
silverbullet_Z

[QUOTE=CUL8ER;7103128]
Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Yeah it is the raven edition, was big at the time being it was the first year it came out with that color, it has about 6300 on it right now, the ZRX has about 4400 on it, but the 05 R1 I think is still the best year for them. Havent been to impressed with the newer year models..

I have owned a couple of 750 Gixxers, sold my 07 last year to a dude in North Branch.I have always liked the Yamaha R1 all blacked out.What are you looking to get.
havent decided yet, I'll probably end up keepin it, has sentimental value if you know what i mean lol

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread