Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
blueVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds good to me . im always down for whatever i should have my car back by the end of this week.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
Im coming back from cancun on the 1st, so I cant make it.

Originally Posted by blueVQ
sounds good to me . im always down for whatever i should have my car back by the end of this week.
Good to hear! What was wrong?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I would try and make it so I get the opportunity to meet you guys for the first time. Today was another exciting day in my Z-life. I was going to Bestbuy in Andover. Just before I turned off Main Street I spotted a black Z. For a second I wanted to turn around but I thought he would be gone. When I pulled into the parking lot, there was a Z with Tennessee plate. So I parked right by him.Just when I got out, that black Z pulled up too. We had an awesome mini-Z-meet. Later the other guy come out of Bestbuy with his Gf and joined in the conversation too. What an awesome community
Old 07-13-2009, 03:16 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

My neck hurts....need adjustment.

Let's think of something really good for the next meet. Maybe we can rock a strip bar....lol
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

so whos all going this saturday?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
06trackZ

Smile newbie

hi guys i was looking at the fellow Z/s in minnesota! I have an 06 track i drive around and do road course racin. I ran into a guy at best buy how told me to check it out and see about info and get togethers for other Zs! THe guy told me Elite in Blaine was a good place to go for aftermarket and was wondering if anyone has had stuff done and if you like what they do. thanks
chris
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by 06trackZ
hi guys i was looking at the fellow Z/s in minnesota! I have an 06 track i drive around and do road course racin. I ran into a guy at best buy how told me to check it out and see about info and get togethers for other Zs! THe guy told me Elite in Blaine was a good place to go for aftermarket and was wondering if anyone has had stuff done and if you like what they do. thanks
chris
I just got some custom work done on my exhaust there. They're good people. I highly recommend them.

What area do you live in? Some of us are planning on going to DCTC for some autox.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
06trackZ

Ham lake area. thanks for the input on Elite. Ill probably be stopping by them wed i think. Im going to start with redoing my suspension first.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:30 PM
sportbiketed

beezee and 06trackz we should meet up sometime, I live in Coon Rapids.

You guys should come to the cruise this saturday:

https://my350z.com/forum/tczc-twin-c...july-18th.html
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 PM
WannabeSS

Ben, i'll come on the first. Gotta say my goodbye to the next youngest in the club (i think lol)

I am leaving on the 22nd, so i know how you feel. No more club until the summer
Old 07-14-2009, 07:42 AM
beezee

beezee and 06trackz we should meet up sometime, I live in Coon Rapids.

You guys should come to the cruise this saturday:

https://my350z.com/forum/tczc-twin-c...july-18th.html
I live in Andover. I might have spotted you before in the neigbourhood just before main street on Hanson . I have an 05 touring ppw with full nismo V1 kit. I would check the link to the cruise to see if I can make it
Old 07-14-2009, 07:43 AM
beezee

Originally Posted by 06trackZ
chris
That was me you met. It was really fun.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 AM
sw150

Sup guys just checking in. Can't believe I've been gone almost a year. Just so I'm caught up Ben's still gay and going into the military to live with dudes, and Nick started working out and can't feel his arms or legs. I've got a buddy that might be moving up to the cities this fall.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by beezee
I live in Andover. I might have spotted you before in the neigbourhood just before main street on Hanson . I have an 05 touring ppw with full nismo V1 kit. I would check the link to the cruise to see if I can make it
Probably was me, I think I have the only blue z in coon rapids. What else is done to your z?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
blueVQ

Originally Posted by sw150
Sup guys just checking in. Can't believe I've been gone almost a year. Just so I'm caught up Ben's still gay and going into the military to live with dudes, and Nick started working out and can't feel his arms or legs. I've got a buddy that might be moving up to the cities this fall.
and your still in denial........
Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
blueVQ

Originally Posted by Spork

Good to hear! What was wrong?
the retainer clip that holds the throwout bearing was broken. so the bearing was able to spin and it was hanging up on the input shaft making the clutch not engage and disengage correctly. db cant really say if it is there f-up or mine so they agreed to free labor and ill just have to pay for parts. which is just a new throwout bearing , clip and a spring that sits in there too.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WannabeSS
Ben, i'll come on the first. Gotta say my goodbye to the next youngest in the club (i think lol)

I am leaving on the 22nd, so i know how you feel. No more club until the summer
That's not so bad, ha, better than me. This'll be the last for me for a couple years or so.

Originally Posted by blueVQ
the retainer clip that holds the throwout bearing was broken. so the bearing was able to spin and it was hanging up on the input shaft making the clutch not engage and disengage correctly. db cant really say if it is there f-up or mine so they agreed to free labor and ill just have to pay for parts. which is just a new throwout bearing , clip and a spring that sits in there too.
That's cool they took care of you. At least it was nothing big.

Originally Posted by sw150

Better make it up here for the 1st so you can give me that big going-away hug you've always wanted to give me.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
beezee

Probably was me, I think I have the only blue z in coon rapids. What else is done to your z?
Not much done to it yet. Could not afford the Volks I really love so went with Ruff 280 in 19s with falken 452s. Little stuff include clear side markers and shorty antenna (Not worth mentioning Lol). Now thinking of the best way to get some drop to close the rear fendergap. There is a lot of confusing options out there as to which way is the best. Basically all I do with my Z is just drive around town (For a few compliments here and there.Lol) No tracking, not a daily driver, but the roads are not the best so I want a system that would somehow maintain some driving comfort. I spend a lot of hours in the suspension area but still cannot decide. What have you done to your's?.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
sportbiketed

Heres what I have: tanabe gf210 springs, stillen under chassis bars, custom 3" single exhaust, diy plenum mod, diy grounding kit, diy oil catch can, aem cold air intake and some ugly rims that it came with
Old 07-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by beezee
Not much done to it yet. Could not afford the Volks I really love so went with Ruff 280 in 19s with falken 452s. Little stuff include clear side markers and shorty antenna (Not worth mentioning Lol). Now thinking of the best way to get some drop to close the rear fendergap. There is a lot of confusing options out there as to which way is the best. Basically all I do with my Z is just drive around town (For a few compliments here and there.Lol) No tracking, not a daily driver, but the roads are not the best so I want a system that would somehow maintain some driving comfort. I spend a lot of hours in the suspension area but still cannot decide. What have you done to your's?.
if you are looking for a mild drop and still have decent ride quality, get hotchkis springs.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread