Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:11 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Steve, you're a trooper. I hope you got some sleep today.

Greg, did you ever catch up to the other Z?
Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Steve, you're a trooper. I hope you got some sleep today.

Greg, did you ever catch up to the other Z?
no infact when i got the the coffee place all the Z's were gone but got to see 2 Gt40's some NSX's, couple vipers, a ferrari, the lexus's where still there, but i didnt stay to long didnt really know anybody except one kid who's cocky as hell, but other than that i cant wait for the next one I'll take the friday off from work so i can be their earlier.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Datapimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in what you Minneapolis Z owners think of the Minneapolis City Council & Mayor R.T. Rybak’s genius idea of limiting vehicle idling to 3 minutes?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WannabeSS
Grilling at your house also consists of getting drunk off your ***.
And this is why it's so much fun
Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 AM
|| Vitty ||

Originally Posted by Datapimp
Interested in what you Minneapolis Z owners think of the Minneapolis City Council & Mayor R.T. Rybak’s genius idea of limiting vehicle idling to 3 minutes?

Haven't even heard about it haha. I don't see it being a problem if it's enacted. Cops don't have time to sit and time how long your car has been running.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 AM
tenpenniesz

This if for government vehicles only ie: Buses, work trucks, construction vehicles. It might cause a bit of mayhem if they wanted everyone to shut off their engines during rush hour traffic. It's not a bad idea.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:15 PM
WannabeSS

Democrats at their best. SAVE THE DAMN ENVIRONMENT GUYS! GOSH!!!!

I scream this out the window as im driving around in my moms 370hp pickup getting 13mpg.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Datapimp

Originally Posted by WannabeSS
Democrats at their best. SAVE THE DAMN ENVIRONMENT GUYS! GOSH!!!!

I scream this out the window as im driving around in my moms 370hp pickup getting 13mpg.
Thats what I wanted to hear. I read this crap on the news and just had to see what you guys thought. Keep giving um hell!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:36 PM
sw150

That guys is a ****ing moron. Couple of years ago he parked his prius left in N and it rolled down a hill and into a snow bank. Couple of weeks ago a news camera caught up to him and asked him about him driving on a suspended license. He was like uh no I'm not and they showed him the report.

Last edited by sw150; 06-09-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Datapimp

Originally Posted by sw150
That guys is a ****ing moron. Couple of years ago he parked his pris left in N and it rolled down a hill and into a snow bank. Couple of weeks ago a news camera caught up to him and asked him about him driving on a suspended license. He was like uh no I'm not and they showed him the report.
The Mayor?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
sw150

Ya
Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
WannabeSS

I had a feeling that man drove a Prius.

Its a fashionable thing to do now. Driving that POS you just scream to the world "I CARE!"

When in reality you look like a jacka**
Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
dzine07

Steves' car burns about a gallon of gas on neutral every morning. Al Gore has a picture of steve's super-charged Z on the cover of his upcoming movie "An inconvenient truth 2".
Old 06-09-2008, 06:40 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

You just opened a can of worms. Here's my take on MnDOT.

Since I've lived here, I've come to the realization that Minnesotans do things half-assed. Look at the Vikes and Twins. Anyway.... the engineers who devised the layout of our road system in this lovely state are idiots that don't understand the concept of free flowing traffic.

I notice patterns, and I do a lot of driving around the metro. In the 8 years that I've been driving here, I've noticed that they like to funnel roads down to one lesser lane, i.e. 3 to 2, 2 to 1. I see this everywhere. I also notice that there's a lot of empty space on the sides of 2 lane MAJOR highways and freeways that could be used to expand and create another lane.

There are a lot of bottlenecks around here that could be fixed and help alleviate the rush hour traffic and even heavy traffic for big events. But nooo.... they would rather wait until it's too late and then build a little bit bigger. The idea of going big or going home escapes MN. We wouldn't have as much pollution if we didn't have to sit in traffic.

Thing about MN is that 'we' like our toys such as boats, cars, trucks, bikes, etc. Unfortunately, nobody wants to pay for the roads. Liberals in this state would rather tax the **** out of us and use the money to spend on immigrants who are too lazy to work.

/rant

So what's going on this weekend? I'm going to enjoy Father's Day before I leave for Tampa.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:53 PM
sw150

No ****. 494 is a perfect example. They started the project right after I moved up here. They finished it last year and it sucks. It was 2 lanes and anyone that has been through that stretch of eden prairie and bloomington knows how bad it was. They made it 3 lanes on each side and its still a ****ing joke.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
WannabeSS

Its also a ****ing joke that the speed limit is 60. People want to do damn 65-70 on there
Old 06-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

3 lanes + 70mph speed limit = Perfect, in my opinion.

Lol @ the mayor Prius thing.

I make sure to floor it whenever I pass a Prius, Insight, etc so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Global warming ftw... I hate winter.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 PM
WannabeSS

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
3 lanes + 70mph speed limit = Perfect, in my opinion.

Lol @ the mayor Prius thing.

I make sure to floor it whenever I pass a Prius, Insight, etc so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Global warming ftw... I hate winter.
+friggity1

I honk at prius to lol

Al Gore can kiss my ***!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Datapimp

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
You just opened a can of worms. Here's my take on MnDOT.

Since I've lived here, I've come to the realization that Minnesotans do things half-assed. Look at the Vikes and Twins. Anyway.... the engineers who devised the layout of our road system in this lovely state are idiots that don't understand the concept of free flowing traffic.

I notice patterns, and I do a lot of driving around the metro. In the 8 years that I've been driving here, I've noticed that they like to funnel roads down to one lesser lane, i.e. 3 to 2, 2 to 1. I see this everywhere. I also notice that there's a lot of empty space on the sides of 2 lane MAJOR highways and freeways that could be used to expand and create another lane.

There are a lot of bottlenecks around here that could be fixed and help alleviate the rush hour traffic and even heavy traffic for big events. But nooo.... they would rather wait until it's too late and then build a little bit bigger. The idea of going big or going home escapes MN. We wouldn't have as much pollution if we didn't have to sit in traffic.

Thing about MN is that 'we' like our toys such as boats, cars, trucks, bikes, etc. Unfortunately, nobody wants to pay for the roads. Liberals in this state would rather tax the **** out of us and use the money to spend on immigrants who are too lazy to work.

/rant

So what's going on this weekend? I'm going to enjoy Father's Day before I leave for Tampa.

I’m with ya. We have some dip sh*t politicians here in Florida as well. Check this out… Our Governor and both our Senators are totally against drilling off our coast, they “and all the libs” claim that an accident would destroy our coast line. However, the geniuses seem to have no problem with the Chinese building oil rigs 50 miles off our coast. I’ve heard that you can actually see the rigs with a good pair of binoculars. The F-ing Chinese are drilling in our own back yard, but we can’t. How absurd. Why do we keep voting these idiots into office?

So, please promise me Al Franken won’t get elected there.

Hey man, enjoy Tampa. I live right outside of it. Should be in the upper 80s and pretty nice this weekend. That’s actually about 5 degrees cooler than it usually is this time of year; must be global warming.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 AM
dzine07

okay so wait....

who's going out of town this weekend?

I'll be in mnpls friday, saturday and sunday for the autocross.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread