Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
3 lanes + 70mph speed limit = Perfect, in my opinion.

Lol @ the mayor Prius thing.

I make sure to floor it whenever I pass a Prius, Insight, etc so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Global warming ftw... I hate winter.
That's awesome. Thanks for the idea!

Originally Posted by Datapimp
I’m with ya. We have some dip sh*t politicians here in Florida as well. Check this out… Our Governor and both our Senators are totally against drilling off our coast, they “and all the libs” claim that an accident would destroy our coast line. However, the geniuses seem to have no problem with the Chinese building oil rigs 50 miles off our coast. I’ve heard that you can actually see the rigs with a good pair of binoculars. The F-ing Chinese are drilling in our own back yard, but we can’t. How absurd. Why do we keep voting these idiots into office?

So, please promise me Al Franken won’t get elected there.

Hey man, enjoy Tampa. I live right outside of it. Should be in the upper 80s and pretty nice this weekend. That’s actually about 5 degrees cooler than it usually is this time of year; must be global warming.
****ing Chinese are ruining this country along with all the libs that are pussies.

Franken would be a great politician because of his humor and sarcasm. I could see him doing some damage to the old establishment.

I can't wait to go to the beach in Tampa. I'll be there everyday during the week after boring conference.

Originally Posted by dzine07
okay so wait....

who's going out of town this weekend?

I'll be in mnpls friday, saturday and sunday for the autocross.
I know Steve is going out of town. I'll be here but am staying close to home. I don't know what they have planned for me on Father's Day, but it should be good.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WannabeSS
Al Gore can put it in my ***!

jk man
Old 06-10-2008, 11:02 AM
andrew350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
You just opened a can of worms. Here's my take on MnDOT.

Since I've lived here, I've come to the realization that Minnesotans do things half-assed. Look at the Vikes and Twins. Anyway.... the engineers who devised the layout of our road system in this lovely state are idiots that don't understand the concept of free flowing traffic.

I notice patterns, and I do a lot of driving around the metro. In the 8 years that I've been driving here, I've noticed that they like to funnel roads down to one lesser lane, i.e. 3 to 2, 2 to 1. I see this everywhere. I also notice that there's a lot of empty space on the sides of 2 lane MAJOR highways and freeways that could be used to expand and create another lane.

There are a lot of bottlenecks around here that could be fixed and help alleviate the rush hour traffic and even heavy traffic for big events. But nooo.... they would rather wait until it's too late and then build a little bit bigger. The idea of going big or going home escapes MN. We wouldn't have as much pollution if we didn't have to sit in traffic.

Thing about MN is that 'we' like our toys such as boats, cars, trucks, bikes, etc. Unfortunately, nobody wants to pay for the roads. Liberals in this state would rather tax the **** out of us and use the money to spend on immigrants who are too lazy to work.
I agree with Dave but the problem is inevitable because we keep letting in so many damn people! it doesn't matter how many lanes we build, there are people coming here everyday making our money and sending it back home and at some point someone is going to have to slam the door and say to hell with everyone. Then maybe one day we will have less traffic. Otherwise i move that we all sell our Z's and buy a helicopter lol
Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 AM
WannabeSS

Originally Posted by andrew350z
I agree with Dave but the problem is inevitable because we keep letting in so many damn people! it doesn't matter how many lanes we build, there are people coming here everyday making our money and sending it back home and at some point someone is going to have to slam the door and say to hell with everyone. Then maybe one day we will have less traffic. Otherwise i move that we all sell our Z's and buy a helicopter lol
Its the freaken somalians!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

does anyone have a lead hammer i can borrow?? I'm going to try and pound out my dented wheel but i need a lead hammer (works the best)
Old 06-10-2008, 12:35 PM
dzine07

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z

jk man

hahahahahaa! did he really say that! geeezus mary and joseph -I always knew there was something not right about janik. the day he smacked my behind and said "good game" it was evident.

LOL j/k
Old 06-10-2008, 08:09 PM
WannabeSS

hahahahahaa! did he really say that! geeezus mary and joseph -I always knew there was something not right about janik. the day he smacked my behind and said "good game" it was evident.

LOL j/k
ROFL you WISH that would happen
Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Spork

LOL j/k

Old 06-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Silver03z

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
does anyone have a lead hammer i can borrow?? I'm going to try and pound out my dented wheel but i need a lead hammer (works the best)
I have a lead hammer but im alittle ways away from you.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:13 AM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by Silver03z
I have a lead hammer but im alittle ways away from you.
dammit. where you from??
Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
dammit. where you from??
Lake City, MN
Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
blueVQ

http://www.vimeo.com/1150702

that's the cars and coffee vid. notice the z's? ha damn right
Old 06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Sotomatic

Sweet! We're in the vid!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 PM
WannabeSS

lol didnt get my car in the vid
Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Spork

I'm not in it. Why not?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Spork

Some damn sweet cars in that vid !
Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 AM
jason7467

Well after much debate I think Im going to do 20" rims. I saw another members car and I thought the size was perfect. I realize I will lose some performance but is it as much as some people say? Im thinking of going with these rims without the orange and I know his spoiler is ugly but I do like the rims and tire size.
Attached Thumbnails Minnesota Chat Thread-20-axis.jpg  
Old 06-12-2008, 07:38 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by jason7467
Well after much debate I think Im going to do 20" rims. I saw another members car and I thought the size was perfect. I realize I will lose some performance but is it as much as some people say? Im thinking of going with these rims without the orange and I know his spoiler is ugly but I do like the rims and tire size.
Well, I like the wheels and not the color. I know you want something blingy, so I say go for it. To help offset the cost of the wheels and tires, I'll take your Uprev off your hands.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:46 AM
jason7467

lol I vested to much time to give that one up so easily! I agree I dont like the orange. The trim will be black. Is it really "blingy" though? Last time I checked I was white ! They at least are not chrome spinners! It could be worse.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by Zivman
Lake City, MN
damn you are a ways away lol Does anyone know where i can get one?? Been to Sears, been to Northern tools, checked out napa, is there any local place that has it or am i just going to have to order it online??

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread