Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Aaron, Steve, or anyone else... Please help meeee

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....30#post5969430
Old 06-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Spork

Pics from the Duluth meet. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....51#post5969451
Old 06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
blueVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
Aaron, Steve, or anyone else... Please help meeee

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....30#post5969430
dude im havin some issues with mine too not very often but sometimes when i've been drivin in town for a while my pedal doesn't wanna spring back hard all the way , the last part of it is just limp, still drives and shifts fine though, but i think you and me both just need to check out the clutch cylinders, most likely the master which is the one attaced to the pedal, just look under there and see if it's leaking , prob not if ur fluid's good i might just replace mine just too be safe they usually run about 80 to 100 bucks for a master for most cars and the slaves are cheaper
Old 06-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by blueVQ
dude im havin some issues with mine too not very often but sometimes when i've been drivin in town for a while my pedal doesn't wanna spring back hard all the way , the last part of it is just limp, still drives and shifts fine though, but i think you and me both just need to check out the clutch cylinders, most likely the master which is the one attaced to the pedal, just look under there and see if it's leaking , prob not if ur fluid's good i might just replace mine just too be safe they usually run about 80 to 100 bucks for a master for most cars and the slaves are cheaper
Damn man. I just hope it's nothing big. I plan on buying either the ACT fly/clutch or JWT fly/clutch combo to replace my clutch in a while.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
|| Vitty ||

I know some people had reported the pedal not springing back all the way when they had done the clutch pedal mod to shorten up the distance the pedal had to be pushed. There is a threaded metal rod the clutch is attached to and turning it one way brings the pedal closer to the floor, the other way makes it go further from the floor. When they had brought it too close to the floor they reported the pedal not popping back up all the way.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
blueVQ

Originally Posted by || Vitty ||
I know some people had reported the pedal not springing back all the way when they had done the clutch pedal mod to shorten up the distance the pedal had to be pushed. There is a threaded metal rod the clutch is attached to and turning it one way brings the pedal closer to the floor, the other way makes it go further from the floor. When they had brought it too close to the floor they reported the pedal not popping back up all the way.
yah i was gonna check that too all that does is adjust's where u want your clutch to release close or far from the floor i think i'm ok there because mine releases pretty close to the top already , maybe i'll try adjusting it out a little more, ben it could also be that you just got some air in the lines and need to bleed your clutch , thanks for the heads up Vitty i'll check that out too it's just wierd because it only does it sometimes
Old 06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Name:  icon_givemebeer.gif
Views: 14
Size:  1.3 KB
Old 06-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by blueVQ
yah i was gonna check that too all that does is adjust's where u want your clutch to release close or far from the floor i think i'm ok there because mine releases pretty close to the top already , maybe i'll try adjusting it out a little more, ben it could also be that you just got some air in the lines and need to bleed your clutch , thanks for the heads up Vitty i'll check that out too it's just wierd because it only does it sometimes
My clutch pedal is stock and untouched.
I'll check the fluid, and maybe I'll bleed some.
Aaron was directing me towards throwout bearing or pressure plate problems. I'm at 67k, and the clutch has been slipping at certain times and has gotten a lot softer. I think it's time to buy a new clutch.

Last edited by Spork; 06-29-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:26 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Aaron was directing me towards throwout bearing or pressure plate problems. I'm at 67k, and the clutch has been slipping at certain times and has gotten a lot softer. I think it's time to buy a new clutch.
get the ATS twin carbon disc clutch, comes with a lightened flywheel and only costs $2100
Old 06-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Spork

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
get the ATS twin carbon disc clutch, comes with a lightened flywheel and only costs $2100

I think I'll be going ACT or JWT
Old 06-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I think I'll be going ACT or JWT
The ATS would be complete overkill for your situation although it is a nice clutch.

I did not like the JWT setup I drove. I would stick to an oem replacement exedy or ACT
Old 06-30-2008, 11:43 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

hey aaron have you ever heard anything about the Okada projects plasma direct coils??

http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/engine/...sma_direct.htm
Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Spork

Aaron, why didn't you like the JWT setup?

I got to drive Steve's ACT setup and I loved that.
Speaking of that... Steve, PM me with pricing of the perfect ACT streetlite and ACT clutch combo.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Zivman

Aaron, why didn't you like the JWT setup?

I got to drive Steve's ACT setup and I loved that.
Speaking of that... Steve, PM me with pricing of the perfect ACT streetlite and ACT clutch combo.
engagement point and modulation.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
hey aaron have you ever heard anything about the Okada projects plasma direct coils??

http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/engine/...sma_direct.htm
never heard anything in particular about those, but have heard our coils are plenty strong. I can't see those being worth a grand
Old 06-30-2008, 01:57 PM
|| Vitty ||

Lightbulb

I've read a couple posts that the nut that tightens the adjustment rod on the clutch pedal has come loose just from everyday driving. Worth checking out anyways. From the sounds of it you need a new clutch though
Old 06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Spork

Yeah, my clutch had been slipping some anyway, so I kinda figured it'd be something clutch related.

So Aaron... ACT>JWT? Steve, you agree?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
sw150

I've never driven a car with the jwt but I love my act
Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Zivman

Yeah, my clutch had been slipping some anyway, so I kinda figured it'd be something clutch related.

So Aaron... ACT>JWT? Steve, you agree?
JWT is garbage IMHO. The pedal feel is horrible and the engagement is on the floor low.

If you liked your stocker, just get a replacement oem exedy.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
blueVQ

ya ben from the sounds of it if it was slipping already then it's prob. time for a new clutch , outch, sorry dude! and vitty, now don't quote me on the z's but all of the other clutch cylinders i've done the adjustment nut can't loosen while driving, it's attached to the pedal with a pin and you have to pull the pin which disconects it from the pedal before that nut can even spin, like i said not sure on z's but that's all the other ones iv'e done anyway,

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread