Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:12 AM
textherex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning everyone, how has everyone been? It has been awhile since I have been on here. I got a curious question I have my Z at Nissan right now trying to get them to do something about my Extreme viberation in my shifter, when running about 5k at 60-65mph and down shifting in thrid my shift viberates like a massive female pleasure model hmmmhmmhmmm thing, is that normal? On tuesday they will have the GTR tech drive it and take a look at it.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by textherex
Good morning everyone, how has everyone been? It has been awhile since I have been on here. I got a curious question I have my Z at Nissan right now trying to get them to do something about my Extreme viberation in my shifter, when running about 5k at 60-65mph and down shifting in thrid my shift viberates like a massive female pleasure model hmmmhmmhmmm thing, is that normal? On tuesday they will have the GTR tech drive it and take a look at it.
mine vibrates but I think it only does it when it's in neutrol tho
Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Tommy007

I've got green beans, peas, cherry and "regular" tomatoes, and a rasberry bush. The beans are already like 6" tall. Not sure if my raspberry bush will make it, lets hope so.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine does that too, pretty sure its normal since the shifter is connected directly to the transmission.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 AM
textherex

Yeah, I know that there will be viberation but at times it is violent like it hurts to hold the shifter as I am taking a corner in the down shift, it shouldn't be that bad I mean like the woman pleaser 4000 jackhammer edition viberation!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM
silverbullet_Z

Yeah, I know that there will be viberation but at times it is violent like it hurts to hold the shifter as I am taking a corner in the down shift, it shouldn't be that bad I mean like the woman pleaser 4000 jackhammer edition viberation!
Eh it's just the pure raw power of the Z that you feel in your hands

here you go Tex https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...hift-****.html

theres more too if you do a advanced search and type in shift vibration and select engine/drivetrain.

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 04-04-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 AM
sportbiketed

Why are you holding the shifter while taking a corner?

Just downshift before the corner and put your hand back on the wheel.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
Why are you holding the shifter while taking a corner?

Just downshift before the corner and put your hand back on the wheel.
cause he's probably not out on the track I dunno about you but the only time I have two hands on the steering wheel is if I'm Autox or racing someone, or doing some very spirited driving . otherwise its just one hand on and the other on the armrest, but that's just me... Also to comment on your downshifting Tex where are you downshifting into corners??? the only time I could see anyone have to downshift in a corner is maybe some of those country roads and you are in a 55mph zone and you come up to a 25mph turn, but if it's me i just take the turn anyways at 55mph lol. It's not the track you should be able to go without downshifting to make turns..

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 04-04-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ

Erik, you rock. I want a trailer!
BTW, despite current legalities, I believe I can still track....so the dodge may be hauling the Z to said location for some octane burning
Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
textherex

I down shift to go into a corner, most of the time I hold the shifter during a clover leaf and at the top of it I shift to 4th and sail out of it. I down shift and rev match from about 90 to 60 to 50ish in the corner then push through it, when going down to 3rd at around 5k-5.5k I get the harsh shake which I have done many times and it just progressivily has gotten worse then there are times where it doesn't do it as harsh. and silver I just read that thread and it doesn't sound like what I am having, I know that there will be shaking and viberation that one I know and it won't ever be the smoothest thing in the world and that doesn't bother me. It is the top of third gear that bothers me, top of 2nd, top of 1st, top of 4th, top of 5th doesn't do it, it is only in the top of 3rd.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 AM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
BTW, despite current legalities, I believe I can still track....so the dodge may be hauling the Z to said location for some octane burning
You cant do autox without a license.

SECTION 2: ELIGIBILITY OF DRIVERS
2.1 All drivers must possess a valid driver’s license for the state or country in which they reside.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
we have started....

same old crops
corn
green bell peppers
eggplant
melons
and a few pumpkins
You said that you're a local seller, right?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy007
I've got green beans, peas, cherry and "regular" tomatoes, and a rasberry bush. The beans are already like 6" tall. Not sure if my raspberry bush will make it, lets hope so.
You've planted already? The only thing coming back in my garden is an asparagus plant. I haven't even started thinking of what to plant this year, but I'll be more selective.

I don't think we're doing tomatoes this year since they never seem to do well.

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz

2.1 All drivers must possess a valid driver’s license for the state or country in which they reside.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Tommy007

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
You've planted already? The only thing coming back in my garden is an asparagus plant. I haven't even started thinking of what to plant this year, but I'll be more selective.

I don't think we're doing tomatoes this year since they never seem to do well.

Tomatoes have done well in the past, cherry, grape and regular we've had. I need to find out from Aarom how you ripen green peppers without them getting moldy cause I got maybe 33% of the peppers off my plants last year. I went with stuff that's hardier and easier this year
Old 04-04-2011, 05:02 PM
blueVQ

I down shift to go into a corner, most of the time I hold the shifter during a clover leaf and at the top of it I shift to 4th and sail out of it. I down shift and rev match from about 90 to 60 to 50ish in the corner then push through it, when going down to 3rd at around 5k-5.5k I get the harsh shake which I have done many times and it just progressivily has gotten worse then there are times where it doesn't do it as harsh. and silver I just read that thread and it doesn't sound like what I am having, I know that there will be shaking and viberation that one I know and it won't ever be the smoothest thing in the world and that doesn't bother me. It is the top of third gear that bothers me, top of 2nd, top of 1st, top of 4th, top of 5th doesn't do it, it is only in the top of 3rd.
yeah it really kinda sounds like something is not quite right. especially since you've driven your car before the shake and you notice it now it must not be normal. i was going to say sometimes a bad u joint or driveline. but being as it is only at a certain rpm and only in third gear im not sure. i guess it could be something in the trans. have you checked the fluid in it? good fluid can make a world of difference in the way a manual trans works.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 PM
textherex

I haven't touched the fuild since I bought the car, honestly I never checked it. When I bought it I told them to check it out the fluid that is because the trans wined a little loud from what I am used to and they told me it was full and fresh. Even if it is low at this point I am putting my money on getting a new tranny, Third gear has an issue, just putting it into gear at times is like a two part clunk then another push cluck to get it fully in. Nissan's warrenties don't rebuild them they just replace them. They are going to have their GTR tech drive it tomorrow and I am rather sure he will know that there is an issue and that isn't just the normal vibe. I am getting a new strut because the right front was leaking, they are fixing my wiper washers because they are full of fail, a thermostat, oil cahnge, and this Tranny issue for 50bucks.

Last edited by textherex; 04-04-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:28 PM
bonarsauce

Corner balance had to raise the height on the rear left of car and now I will soon develop OCD with the unevenness
Old 04-04-2011, 05:29 PM
blueVQ

well, sounds like you got er figured out to me. lol i wish i still had warranty. i think even the warranty on my blower is up now as well.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:02 PM
textherex

Well, I work at Lincoln so I know how to play the Warrenty game. Even if they tell me it is fine, I accept it for now and come back in august complaining again and state that I have sucked it up long enough, I want to have the tranny looked at and start to use my knowledge. I am know there is an issue in it, but I am not going to pull it apart to prove it because.. that gets me no where with the Warrenty.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Despite the SN, its a misnomer,dont autox much anymore, I track at BIR, chicagoland, and milwuakee...where the real road courses and super speedways are

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread