Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 AM
blueVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Trav, how soon will you get those Akenbono's? I was going to order rotors soon, like this week or so. Let me know. I can hold out if you're going to get the kit before the end of the month. Not that I'm going anywhere....

And yeah, I said ***** are no big deal. I'm like butts.

No, I don't have something in the works. Someone on Tech was asking about it, and I thought it was a unique question. Never thought about axle thresholds before.

Going to Microcenter in a few. Gotta pick up a PSU, some compressed air cans, and maybe a new Wii game.

Tommy!!!!!! Help me out with the cabling!
yeah if you were thinking this week or something just go ahead and order them. im still just kinda looking at this point. nothin set in stone yet. ive only got half a summer on those rotors so maybe i should just leave them on for another summer. we'll see. i need to start doing some suspension stuff as well.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:29 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blueVQ
yeah if you were thinking this week or something just go ahead and order them. im still just kinda looking at this point. nothin set in stone yet. ive only got half a summer on those rotors so maybe i should just leave them on for another summer. we'll see. i need to start doing some suspension stuff as well.
What do you have so far Travis for suspension?? I'm thinkin of maybe picking up some tokico D spec shocks (but not likely might wait till next spring for a full monoflex coilover system with edfc) but so far I have hotchkis F/R sways GT spec F/R lower tie braces and lateral arm brace and Tein S-tech springs. The only reason I was contemplating on getting performance shocks is cause I already have the tein springs and the d-spec are adjustable shocks too.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 AM
blueVQ

i am bone stock for suspension right now.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:20 AM
bonarsauce

well mines an 05 but im not sure there is a difference for rotors... should have the same lug pattern and be the same size rotors as all the z33 non brembos? maybe aaron could chime in if he knows. i would think they would be the same.
I don't really know what i was thinking i think the main difference between the 06+ is that the calipers are 2 piston instead of 1 piston
Old 04-03-2011, 11:21 AM
bonarsauce

i am bone stock for suspension right now.
Alex has a set of Tanabe gf210 he would prob let go for pretty cheap, it is a start.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:24 AM
bonarsauce

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
What do you have so far Travis for suspension?? I'm thinkin of maybe picking up some tokico D spec shocks (but not likely might wait till next spring for a full monoflex coilover system with edfc) but so far I have hotchkis F/R sways GT spec F/R lower tie braces and lateral arm brace and Tein S-tech springs. The only reason I was contemplating on getting performance shocks is cause I already have the tein springs and the d-spec are adjustable shocks too.
I would def hold out for coilovers vs getting the dspecs if you are contemplating switching over in the future. The d-specs are a bit spendy, may as well put that aside and save for some good coilovers.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:41 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by bonarsauce
I would def hold out for coilovers vs getting the dspecs if you are contemplating switching over in the future. The d-specs are a bit spendy, may as well put that aside and save for some good coilovers.
I can get d specs for 500 and the tein with the edfc is between 2000-2400
Old 04-03-2011, 12:51 PM
bonarsauce

I hear the edfc isn't really worth it nor are the teins for daily driving they dont handle bumps well as they weren't really made for shitty american roads(especially northern states)
Old 04-03-2011, 12:55 PM
silverbullet_Z

I hear the edfc isn't really worth it nor are the teins for daily driving they dont handle bumps well as they weren't really made for shitty american roads(especially northern states)
my car will never be a Daily Driver, and as far as the edfc goes it kicks ***
Old 04-03-2011, 01:03 PM
silverbullet_Z

well went to Sears today never should of since I can never walk out of there without buying some new tools... Wife needed to go there to look at something so in reality it's her fault
Old 04-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From a racing perspective, koni is the only real tried and true company out there worth a ****,imho....and their shock setups for Z's are def well worth it....greg youre already on hotchkiis arent ya?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:05 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
From a racing perspective, koni is the only real tried and true company out there worth a ****,imho....and their shock setups for Z's are def well worth it....greg youre already on hotchkiis arent ya?
hotchkis sways, tein springs.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:10 PM
silverbullet_Z

The one setup I wish I could run would be the Tanabe Sustec Pro 7 with their TEAS, where it will automatically adjust hardness depending on how fast you're going or how hard you take a corner. Real sick setup but about a grand more.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:13 PM
bonarsauce

That is a sweet system. I am happy with the bc racing ones I can only imagine how much better it will be than it already is after my alignment and corner balance tmrw.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, my goal is the koni yellow w the hotchkis tvs stage 1,sways and coils in nice setup, and all fully adj....I have yet to ride/drive in any car w konis and not be very impressed
Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 PM
bonarsauce

I really want to get in a track day and mess with the dampening settings to fine tune my setup.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the teins on my Z.. monoflex with edfc and custom rear springs. I think they are plenty streetable. the edfc is pretty cool. It makes a noticeable change in the feel of the car changing between settings.

some basic tein coils might not be all that great, but their higher end stuff is just as good as anything else on the market. They are every bit as good as my KW's that are in my evo
Old 04-03-2011, 04:27 PM
cityslick43

Hey fellow Minnesotans..

Need some quick advice.. I'm getting a little worried, I have an 05 automatic enthusiast and when my Z comes to a complete stop, and I push the gas the engine takes a second to kick it and especially when im turning there is a bit of "jump" when i hit the gas in first gear between 5-10mph when I get above 15mph everything seems to be normal. but Im a little worried.. could it be spark plugs? transmission? pistons>? Im not really familiar... but any help would be nice. Also when I put it in reverse and i push the gas to reverse it is also laggy and when I floor it the rpms go up but the engine doesnt kick it until like 1-2 sec. later...

any ideas?
Old 04-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cityslick43
Hey fellow Minnesotans..

Need some quick advice.. I'm getting a little worried, I have an 05 automatic enthusiast and when my Z comes to a complete stop, and I push the gas the engine takes a second to kick it and especially when im turning there is a bit of "jump" when i hit the gas in first gear between 5-10mph when I get above 15mph everything seems to be normal. but Im a little worried.. could it be spark plugs? transmission? pistons>? Im not really familiar... but any help would be nice. Also when I put it in reverse and i push the gas to reverse it is also laggy and when I floor it the rpms go up but the engine doesnt kick it until like 1-2 sec. later...

any ideas?

I think I figured out the problem

you bought an automatic trans 350z.......
Old 04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
cityslick43

I had no choice, it was a good deal.. I would have gotten a manual but this deal was too good to be true

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread