Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 04:11 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zheka911@hotmai
How does this uprev Osiris Tune work, ive seen it online, but it says that i gota mail out my ecu to them for then to tune it? But how will they know what map to tune it with to my mods? I guess ill just have to try Drift Practive at BIR then. By the way here is my Z all done.

BIR does not have practice days, only competitions.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:05 AM
zheka911@hotmai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
with your parts I wouldn't waste money on an ECU reflash/tune. You will gain basically nothing with the DE motor. with the other variants, there is more potential N/A and ECU tuning.

I do not have the osiris. I have an HKS Fcon V-pro standalone running off a map.... my car is also 9:1 compression with a set of GTM stage 1 turbo cams....

oh, and it also has two turbos strapped to it.

^ why did I do all this? because I put all the n/a parts including reflashing the ecu I could find, and it made 25-30 hp over stock. So all that work you did to your car essentially made it, for the most part, sound faster, but in reality it isn't
Hmm I see. I know the bolt ons might not do much but my 4.08 final drive gears did. Cuz I got a buddy with a red 04 Z and we ran like 3 times against each other and each time I had him by 2 full car lengths. And he says he usually takes the stock Z's by at least half a car length. But then it looks like I should use the $500 that I was going to use for the ecu to buy and setup a nice Nitrous setup to get that 75-100 extra hps lol.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:14 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Longest shift known to man... don't know what the official terms or rules would be, but I have worked over 170 days straight with no days off. I have spent 5 days straight at the farm without sleeping in my own bed or even my couch... that stretch was pretty rough on me. Boss lady would bring me food and cloths and we have a shower in the building
I would have switched jobs a long time ago.

How does this uprev Osiris Tune work, ive seen it online, but it says that i gota mail out my ecu to them for then to tune it? But how will they know what map to tune it with to my mods? I guess ill just have to try Drift Practive at BIR then. By the way here is my Z all done.
Nice car!

Originally Posted by SR71
Sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned.

Do you have really hard water at your place when you wash your car? I do and damn I hate washing a car with it, water spots and extra elbow grease.
I wash my cars in the garage or my nice shaded driveway, then quickly wipe everything off. If I have hard water, I don't notice it. You've seen my Z. I've never had an issue.

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
& +1 on the volt stabilizer...lol, I havent had the heart to tell Dave that I think my grounding kit is going by the wayside dont tell him
Mine still works after all these years.

Originally Posted by jstar809
Thinking of getting the Amuse Wide body kit w/ fenders (for the superleggera) or just the non-wide front bumper....obvi I won't import (major $$$) it i'll get the replica AMS american ones.
Nice. Dooo eeeeet!

Originally Posted by end of z world
Only one polo man you guys are no fun. Got s yob at the neighborhood Infiniti dealership
Congrats!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Hmm I see. I know the bolt ons might not do much but my 4.08 final drive gears did. Cuz I got a buddy with a red 04 Z and we ran like 3 times against each other and each time I had him by 2 full car lengths. And he says he usually takes the stock Z's by at least half a car length. But then it looks like I should use the $500 that I was going to use for the ecu to buy and setup a nice Nitrous setup to get that 75-100 extra hps lol.
no doubt gearing can make a huge difference. With my setup, I actually went the other way with the gearing. Went to the 3.3. made the car so much more drivable. Gave me a couple gears back and makes cruising on the highway so smooth. With shorter gears, the car is quicker, but you make the car more high strung.

Don't know what you have for suspension components but I would put that money towards sways and coils/springs
Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by SmoothZ

I wish I could... technically anything is possible, but I am kind of stuck here for a while. Just need to suck it up and tough it out.

Last night. worked till 11, up again at 2, back to bed at 4, up again at 6... that equals 5 hrs of sleep, but only getting 2-3 at a time is hard on me
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 AM
end of z world

Thanks man. Originally the kit came with that VS rear bumper but it just didn't look clean so I sold the rear and got the charge speed. I'm thinking if I loose my front bumper on a curb like I just almost did on the way back home from the gym while attempting a drift on a round about off HW 81 and Zachary here in MG then I wana order a urethane amuse front. Do you guys have any advice on what other clean front bumpers are out there for them?
I live right off 81 in robbinsdale we should kick it
Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
jstar809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks man. Originally the kit came with that VS rear bumper but it just didn't look clean so I sold the rear and got the charge speed. I'm thinking if I loose my front bumper on a curb like I just almost did on the way back home from the gym while attempting a drift on a round about off HW 81 and Zachary here in MG then I wana order a urethane amuse front. Do you guys have any advice on what other clean front bumpers are out there for them?
My favorites are:

1.AMUSE POWERHOUSE
2. INGS+
3.Tommy Kaira
4. Espirit
5.AIT racing VTX
6. 06+ front bumper with attached lips (look super clean and super mean depending on how well you make it look)

but yea if you switch the front the side skirts might have too go; idk to many other kits that go well with the VS side skirts!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:07 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Good luck, Aaron. I personally wouldn't mind living out on some acreage, but I would only have a decent size garden to grow veggies, fruits, and also have some chickens for eggs. Wouldn't mind having a pond with a stream to keep it fresh, too. Yeah, I'm daydreaming.

Jotham, I like the INGS kit. Thought about it for a while, but I don't think anyone made a replica for it. I also like the Vertex kit.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaron, where are the shots of the grass this year?
I laugh every time I chug through my 1/2 acre lot at a solid GTFO there clip in under 20 mins.
Did yard work before work today, its fuggn hot out there!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
Aaron, where are the shots of the grass this year?
I laugh every time I chug through my 1/2 acre lot at a solid GTFO there clip in under 20 mins.
Did yard work before work today, its fuggn hot out there!
I have a few.. I'll post up later
Old 06-09-2012, 04:31 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Yeah, I finished our yard work in 2 days. I have to do it in stages, which is fine. Everything looks good out there. I love doing that ish when it's hot.

Just saw Snow White. Man, that's the best interpretation yet! Charlize is awesome in this movie. Kristen Stewart still needs acting lessons.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:37 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gentlemen. hope the weekend is going well.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:43 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

+1
Kristen Stewart looks perpetually stoned and cant act worth a damn.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:44 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thanks, Dan. So far, so good. How about you?
Old 06-09-2012, 04:56 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, Dan. So far, so good. How about you?
same ol' same ol' Dave.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:39 PM
jstar809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, Aaron. I personally wouldn't mind living out on some acreage, but I would only have a decent size garden to grow veggies, fruits, and also have some chickens for eggs. Wouldn't mind having a pond with a stream to keep it fresh, too. Yeah, I'm daydreaming.

Jotham, I like the INGS kit. Thought about it for a while, but I don't think anyone made a replica for it. I also like the Vertex kit.
Its called the WINGS front bumper or full body kit (such an innovative replica name for the INGS+ huh lmao); maybe they didn't market it yet when you were looking for one....the V2 still looks super dope Dave

Yea and I think everyone was doing some sort of yard work today; so many nicely trimmed lawns and driveways getting sealed up and girls trying to get their summer body's all nice and stuff lol......this weather is putting people to work.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Nice car!

I wash my cars in the garage or my nice shaded driveway, then quickly wipe everything off. If I have hard water, I don't notice it. You've seen my Z. I've never had an issue.

Mine still works after all these years.

Nice. Dooo eeeeet!

Congrats!

Thanks man
Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
zheka911@hotmai

no doubt gearing can make a huge difference. With my setup, I actually went the other way with the gearing. Went to the 3.3. made the car so much more drivable. Gave me a couple gears back and makes cruising on the highway so smooth. With shorter gears, the car is quicker, but you make the car more high strung.

Don't know what you have for suspension components but I would put that money towards sways and coils/springs
Well I had Proven Force out here in MG install the gears for me and the said its a 15% increase acceleration in each gear with my 4.08 setup. So yea I do feel that it runs on higher RPMs and eats a bit more gas but it's much faster and much more responsive and I don't mind the higher RPMs I just skip gears for regular driving. I'll jump from 1st to 3rd to 5th to 6th and for even smoother ride with tthis 4.08 setup it starts off from 2nd gear clean and smooth. If I lunch from second I still burn tires lol. So for smoother ride I'll go from 2nd to 4th to 6th gear and all smoothly too .
Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Originally Posted by end of z world
I live right off 81 in robbinsdale we should kick it
Do you do any drifting? I got a $4500 Canon 5D Mark II DSLR Setup that shoots HD Cinima Quality videos and I wanted to practice drifting around on my Z and then maybe get some peps together and shoot some clips t and put together a sick drift clip
Old 06-09-2012, 08:49 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Originally Posted by jstar809
My favorites are:

1.AMUSE POWERHOUSE
2. INGS+
3.Tommy Kaira
4. Espirit
5.AIT racing VTX
6. 06+ front bumper with attached lips (look super clean and super mean depending on how well you make it look)

but yea if you switch the front the side skirts might have too go; idk to many other kits that go well with the VS side skirts!
Yea I figured the side skirts would have to go :/ hopefully I don't end up having to change anything cuz I got my kits on rock solid it would suck to take it off. But I'll check out those bumpers

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread