Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by SR71
LMK, Im game. Anything going on this weekend?
I've got a busy weekend of something. We're going to see a movie for sure. Two of my boys are going over to a friend's house for most of the afternoon and evening on Saturday. I've got to pack for my trip, plus I have a file to go through and organize some paperwork for Monday. Ugh...

Originally Posted by jstar809
So driving around woodbury...a blue gallardo passes by and gives me a thumbs up! Glad he didn't see the ride in the morning he would have given me a semi thumbs up, still shoppin' and saving for the front bump.
What are you thinking of getting?

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Pollo...

Sup fella's little intoxicated right now, but figured I'd say hi before I go off to the flat plains. (iowa) Leaving at 2pm and will start the longest shift ever known to man.... lol.
I've done 26 hours on the clock before.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ

Longest shift known to man... don't know what the official terms or rules would be, but I have worked over 170 days straight with no days off. I have spent 5 days straight at the farm without sleeping in my own bed or even my couch... that stretch was pretty rough on me. Boss lady would bring me food and cloths and we have a shower in the building
Old 06-08-2012, 03:51 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
Get an Uprev Osiris tune. Raceway park would be your best bet for drift practice since they have open practice days every thursday for $25. The only time that we are allowed to drift at BIR is during Proving Grounds and Powercruise.
How does this uprev Osiris Tune work, ive seen it online, but it says that i gota mail out my ecu to them for then to tune it? But how will they know what map to tune it with to my mods? I guess ill just have to try Drift Practive at BIR then. By the way here is my Z all done.

Last edited by zheka911@hotmai; 06-08-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Personalized plates on the way
Old 06-08-2012, 04:08 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Old 06-08-2012, 04:24 PM
zheka911@hotmai

This is an 2003 Touring with these mods
-Nismo CAI
-Motordyne Plenum Spacer
-OBX Headers
-Megan Racing Resonated Cat Delete Test Pipes
-Borla TD Catback Exhaust
-Raizin Volt Stabalizer
-Genuine Nismo 4.08 Final Drive Gear and Pinion

Old 06-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by zheka911@hotmai
This is an 2003 Touring with these mods
-Nismo CAI
-Motordyne Plenum Spacer
-OBX Headers
-Megan Racing Resonated Cat Delete Test Pipes
-Borla TD Catback Exhaust
-Raizin Volt Stabalizer
-Genuine Nismo 4.08 Final Drive Gear and Pinion
save your money, ecu tuning has very little if any HP in it.

In case you are interested, with my 04, with exhaust, header, plenum, intake, and technosquare reflash my car made like 26 more whp than stock..... then again, you have a volt stabalizer, so you probably will make more
Old 06-08-2012, 05:04 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Originally Posted by Zivman
save your money, ecu tuning has very little if any HP in it.

In case you are interested, with my 04, with exhaust, header, plenum, intake, and technosquare reflash my car made like 26 more whp than stock..... then again, you have a volt stabalizer, so you probably will make more
I was thinking of shooting some Nitrous maybe, i know a guy in Brooklyn Park thats shooting 100 shot on a stock engine and he says he got no problems with it, he just tuned it to kick in at second gear. but i was thinking to be safe to do 50 or 75. Any of you guys running nitrous? what do you think?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Zivman

I was thinking of shooting some Nitrous maybe, i know a guy in Brooklyn Park thats shooting 100 shot on a stock engine and he says he got no problems with it, he just tuned it to kick in at second gear. but i was thinking to be safe to do 50 or 75. Any of you guys running nitrous? what do you think?
Anything can be relatively reliable depending on how it's done
Old 06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

I've got a busy weekend of something. We're going to see a movie for sure. Two of my boys are going over to a friend's house for most of the afternoon and evening on Saturday. I've got to pack for my trip, plus I have a file to go through and organize some paperwork for Monday. Ugh...
Sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned.

Do you have really hard water at your place when you wash your car? I do and damn I hate washing a car with it, water spots and extra elbow grease.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Originally Posted by Zivman
Anything can be relatively reliable depending on how it's done
Do you have the Osiris ECU tune? Cuz i wanted to get something that i can go down to DB Tuning so they can Dyno Tune my Z with so i can get Full potential out of my mods
Old 06-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

N2o can be done...so can blown valve covers. True Story.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

& +1 on the volt stabilizer...lol, I havent had the heart to tell Dave that I think my grounding kit is going by the wayside dont tell him
Old 06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
jstar809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you thinking of getting?

Thinking of getting the Amuse Wide body kit w/ fenders (for the superleggera) or just the non-wide front bumper....obvi I won't import (major $$$) it i'll get the replica AMS american ones.

Oh and btw nice Z zheka911; I like the chargespeed rear bump!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 PM
end of z world

Only one polo man you guys are no fun. Got s yob at the neighborhood Infiniti dealership
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sup fellas, In stuart right now. Sucks bigtime, only a Kum and Go and a Subway lol. Other wise i have to head to des moines to get to other restuarants.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:18 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
N2o can be done...so can blown valve covers. True Story.
Have u blown a vale cover with nitrous before? I'm still deciding weather I should or not:/
Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 PM
zheka911@hotmai

Thinking of getting the Amuse Wide body kit w/ fenders (for the superleggera) or just the non-wide front bumper....obvi I won't import (major $$$) it i'll get the replica AMS american ones.

Thanks man. Originally the kit came with that VS rear bumper but it just didn't look clean so I sold the rear and got the charge speed. I'm thinking if I loose my front bumper on a curb like I just almost did on the way back home from the gym while attempting a drift on a round about off HW 81 and Zachary here in MG then I wana order a urethane amuse front. Do you guys have any advice on what other clean front bumpers are out there for them?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:54 AM
blueVQ

Do you have the Osiris ECU tune? Cuz i wanted to get something that i can go down to DB Tuning so they can Dyno Tune my Z with so i can get Full potential out of my mods
he has a lot more than that done now so if im not mistaken he's running an hks piggyback system, (correct me if im wrong aaron) but him and i both know the guys down at db fairly well.. they tune my z and his evo there. aaron did you have your z tuned there or did you take it to chicago?
Old 06-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Zivman

with your parts I wouldn't waste money on an ECU reflash/tune. You will gain basically nothing with the DE motor. with the other variants, there is more potential N/A and ECU tuning.

I do not have the osiris. I have an HKS Fcon V-pro standalone running off a map.... my car is also 9:1 compression with a set of GTM stage 1 turbo cams....

oh, and it also has two turbos strapped to it.

^ why did I do all this? because I put all the n/a parts including reflashing the ecu I could find, and it made 25-30 hp over stock. So all that work you did to your car essentially made it, for the most part, sound faster, but in reality it isn't
Old 06-09-2012, 04:07 AM
Zivman

I really like the non supperleggera setup, especially if you have a white car. I probably would have gotten the amuse kit had I not owned a DB car.... just doesn't look as good in certain colors.

If you get the superleggera kit, I think your car better be built - ie some crazy high reving N/A jobber making 300+ whp with some insane ohlin/KW coilovers

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread