Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It needs to work bc 12 days and Im in Paris and Rome------ so here it comes, Train to Maranello=rent car, hit Ferrari factory, Zonda down the Rd, then over to Bologna 37km to Lamborghini......bucket list #1 achieved. This is unfuknreal that its so close, I fear for my $ reserves badly, oooh ohhh so badly
Old 02-24-2014, 10:45 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Have a great trip (like that's gonna be hard to do lol) and be sure to take lots of pics for us peasants ha.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Bigronnie96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus you sound real beat up! And your wallet sounds like it's gonna be in the same shape after your trip but it sounds awesome!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:44 AM
risenson

So just got the ballpark estimate from DB performance for my engine pull,strip down,rebuild on to new short block,TT install,fuel return install,and tune.....and they quoted 7,500 little higher than I was thinking and I don't even know if that covers clutch,brakes i asked them about also.

What do you think?

Should I look for another builder and use DB just for tuning or stay with one stop shop to stop any finger pointing if stuff hits the fan?

Does anyone know of a cheaper place that could do the same work?

God i need more mechanic friend so i can bum there lifts and tools.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

I will get plenty of pics, may even to my dismay resurrect FB acct for Greg/Greg's wife lol...I will be better soon hopefully pending surgery, and financially I shall be fine, I never live past my means, however, w$2500 rental fee for cars if I decide to take em out, that is when it may get a beating, but I think I have a way around that-
oh and btw, tools are never "bummed" they are carefully prescribed lol and most of us have plenty even the specialty ones, and many of us have lifts, you just need to get on schedule...yes on that note my lift is on its way Delivery date 4/22/14
Old 02-25-2014, 12:57 PM
risenson

Yea bummed would be the wrong word to use. I would have no problems paying for said lift/tool rentals/help would also be a nice time to get to know more Z owners in MN since I have owned one before in 05 before selling and now finally getting another one.

I do miss active duty where the base had lifts/tools you could use for cheap. I did my 02 Honda Civic Si back in the day myself exhaust,turbo,coilovers,CF hood think i spent maybe $100 on renting the lift and tools only took me a weekend to install everything. after 6 hours on my back un hooking and re hooking up the wires "because they said i wired it wrong" before pulling it and mailing it to them and another week calling Greddy about why i didnt have boost only to realize they had my emanage set for an RSX few clicks and it was fixed.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:21 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by risenson
Yea bummed would be the wrong word to use. I would have no problems paying for said lift/tool rentals/help would also be a nice time to get to know more Z owners in MN since I have owned one before in 05 before selling and now finally getting another one.

I do miss active duty where the base had lifts/tools you could use for cheap. I did my 02 Honda Civic Si back in the day myself exhaust,turbo,coilovers,CF hood think i spent maybe $100 on renting the lift and tools only took me a weekend to install everything. after 6 hours on my back un hooking and re hooking up the wires "because they said i wired it wrong" before pulling it and mailing it to them and another week calling Greddy about why i didnt have boost only to realize they had my emanage set for an RSX few clicks and it was fixed.
Lol the z is no Honda. Youre comparing apples to oranges when it comes to the two motors and working on them. 7600 seems about right for the labor that will be involved. As one knowledgeable person on this forum would say (most know who I'm talking about) you gotta pay to play...
Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM
risenson

Well yea a Z is in now way a Honda I was just using it as an example to show that I think I could do alot of the work myself and possibly save a chunk of change and from what i have read/researched so far i have seen labor run 5500+ I guess there is more factors into than I know about. Who knows maybe i could work something out with them to lower the cost or it could end up being cheaper they did say ballpark w/o looking at the parts in front of them or it could be more which would be my guess murphys law and all.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:31 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
I will get plenty of pics, may even to my dismay resurrect FB acct for Greg/Greg's wife lol
Dave has FB now and I have an alias account so LMK too.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:26 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Over 8 hours later, and my MIL is out of surgery. That damn tumor...

From what I'm hearing, she's doing well for what she just went through. Imagine someone going into your brain through your nasal cavity using super expensive tools to delicately trim your ish around your optic nerve and pituitary gland. Yeah...
Old 02-25-2014, 05:30 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Good to hear Dave.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:35 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

At least it didn't go badly. I guess the tumor was "dead" and stopped growing but created some puss or fluid that was trouble.

Hopefully, she gets her life back and can get healthy.

My shoulder seems to be doing okay. I have to remind myself not to do stupid things to aggravate it.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:12 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Made a new friend today. Anyone remember the yellow Ferrari that cruised by my house last year when we had a party at my house? Apparently, he lives just up the road and his kids go to school with Devin. Anyway, he's also a FFL holder and can help with gun parts. I invited him to hang out with us and cruise when he can.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:53 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Made a new friend today. Anyone remember the yellow Ferrari that cruised by my house last year when we had a party at my house? Apparently, he lives just up the road and his kids go to school with Devin. Anyway, he's also a FFL holder and can help with gun parts. I invited him to hang out with us and cruise when he can.
I thought I was your only friend ... cheater.... sorry I don't remember the Ferrari but yea that would be cool to have him roll with us granted he'll have the horsepower of two z's lol
Old 02-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

So just got the ballpark estimate from DB performance for my engine pull,strip down,rebuild on to new short block,TT install,fuel return install,and tune.....and they quoted 7,500 little higher than I was thinking and I don't even know if that covers clutch,brakes i asked them about also.

What do you think?

Should I look for another builder and use DB just for tuning or stay with one stop shop to stop any finger pointing if stuff hits the fan?

Does anyone know of a cheaper place that could do the same work?

God i need more mechanic friend so i can bum there lifts and tools.
without seeing it broken down, that number seems ballpark to me... actually if it is everything I'm thinking in my head, it doesn't seem too bad.

I would call ron over at RS and have him give you a quote I know he has done some Z builds. Keep whatever you are doing to a single shop.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 AM
risenson

Originally Posted by SmoothZ

Glad your doing well and hope it gets better in the future. I also know alot of people both who work for gun making business and also a friend the owns a gun shop plus i could probably get stuff cheaper with a military discount. Hit me up i can give you there info when i get back.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
risenson

Originally Posted by Zivman
without seeing it broken down, that number seems ballpark to me... actually if it is everything I'm thinking in my head, it doesn't seem too bad.

I would call ron over at RS and have him give you a quote I know he has done some Z builds. Keep whatever you are doing to a single shop.
yea my CO had his STI work done at RS i sent them an email as well as Modern Auto Performance hopefully soon i get a email back. DB gave me a more indepth quote but now its up to 8100ish its in pdf so idk how to post it on here.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

yea my CO had his STI work done at RS i sent them an email as well as Modern Auto Performance hopefully soon i get a email back. DB gave me a more indepth quote but now its up to 8100ish its in pdf so idk how to post it on here.
do not go to map... do not...

RS, OK.
DB, OK.

MAP, not OK. you want to buy parts from them, fine, but if you want your build f^cked upped and then tuned by a guy that barely can tune hondas, go to map....
Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 PM
risenson

Originally Posted by Zivman
do not go to map... do not...

RS, OK.
DB, OK.

MAP, not OK. you want to buy parts from them, fine, but if you want your build f^cked upped and then tuned by a guy that barely can tune hondas, go to map....
thx for the heads up about MAP just talking to him in email made me second guess him.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Well. New company over the past months is turning to the point where I may go FT and drop my patient load and insurance gig.....excitement for the week is planning and strategizing old mechanic w 450k in tools, and over 67 classic cars.....so for payment, I will be taking partial cash $$$$ and a mid 60's coupe we agree on that he will part w, papa bear got a new project on the way. GTO vs Impala for reference is whats on the table, and i will be thrilled w either.
Ive also extended my garage capabilities helps networking. Pagani got back to me already, its a go....Dave I may need to talk w your new Ferrari friend bc I will be at factory/museum in 2 weeks, and while i have 2 friends who own some there are additional perks I can get for them while there its all beautiful hush hush Ity business i am learning more of
And yup, MRI today and both bonuses hit on same paycheck.....major ****over on taxes.not thrilled there

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread