Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Slow Motion Motorsports...Columbus, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Z_ology

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
What was wrong and does the ZROC mechanic hire out for other jobs?
I do hire out for other jobs.

PM me if you need something (I am in Columbus by the way.)
Old 12-04-2008, 08:17 PM
xxgreatwarsxx

wow, that's a terrible experience.... i have the same experience being put as back burner for a year....so i can somewhat relate to yours
Old 12-04-2008, 11:32 PM
deyj28

dude that sucks...hopefully you get your money back!

i am just appaled that the shop owner is such a loser he still lives in his parents basement.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you went to a place called slow motion motorsports? to make your car faster?

I mean, the irony is too great for me to ignore.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:59 PM
kirko

I remember your car there. You brought it in with a used turbo kit, parts missing, vac lines missing......

You know its hard to do an over the phone quote because this stuff happens all the time. People bring in cars thinking only a few things need to be done to tune, and as it turns out, its needs a little more than that.

I suppose you have to ask yourself, what would you have done in this situation as the shops point of view. Everything was ready on the dyno, did a first pull, and a knocking/pinging sound started. Should another dyno pull have been done with this sound? It could have made another pull, shattered the engine, and they could have told you that you were out of luck with no liability to them because of your signed dyno waiver. ORRR they did the right thing and started to diagnose the sound.

Now i do not know if you know anything about cars, but a sound can be anything from anywhere. I know that this particular engine sound was coming from everywhere. With a stethiscope, it seemed to come from valve covers, exhaust manifold, timing cover, oil pan, etc. It was resonating in the engine, and there was no other choice but to look at the engine internally.

Im sorry you think this shop is crap, but if you look at the engine builds and custom turbo kits that have been done, the fine details, the overwhelming work that comes in from states away, and everyone else that supports this shop, you are the minority. You can ask H.A.R.T., Pat Moro, or even pick up the latest Honda Tuner Magazine, and then make a decision.

And to bash Corey, a great guy, and knowlegable tuner, about where he lives. Who you should be worried about is taking your car to a place where the owner takes all the money to buy nice houses and things and not put it back into the company he owns. Not live in a nice house, with a basement converted into an apartment. What does this argument even show other than you are trying to bash whatever you can find to make yourself feel better about your car situation. I really DO hope you car turns out great.

-kirko

this post took 10 mins
Old 12-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Z_Nick_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have only heard good things about Slow Motion. i used to see your hondas out at kil kare just killing it every lap.

From what i have read and reading the shops point of view, i think everything that was done was necessary.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:58 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

In defense of the OP, I think Slo Motion over reacted when they told him the only solution for finding the ticking noise was to pull the motor. And then, when the motor was out, and things were not progressing in any fashion, they were told to stop, yet continued and pulled the heads, claiming to have done it over the weekend before they got the voicemail from sometime on Friday. This after missing the original completion date and saying "we don't work weekends". When we went to retrieve the car, the motor was literally in pieces and it did not appear anyone had been doing a thing to it. By this time Slo Motion was recommending a total engine rebuild, yet they had no idea what was wrong with it. Not exactly a confidence booster to say the least. There is a report with the Ohio Attorney General with a guy with a Z32 being without his car for over a year after "problems" with the original FI installation and even though he kept writing checks, the problems were still unresolved and the car was still there, parked outside most of the time, a year later. The OP bought a rebuilt motor from a place in Houston, and they told him they could find nothing apparently wrong with the core. So the OPs only mistake was to let them remove/tear down the engine without getting a second opinion. Slow Motion may be good when everything goes right, but they failed this customer when everything did NOT go right. I see a trend here.