Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Anyone in Cincy area have experience with Wyler Nissan in Fairfield???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:04 AM
aprez99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone in Cincy area have experience with Wyler Nissan in Fairfield???

I just ordered my SS Enthusiast on 10/6. I ordered it from Wyler Nissan in Fairfield. Does anyone have experience with this dealership?? More importantly is the service than the sales. I can play the salesman's games. I have had awful service in the past with my vehicles. (None of them were Nissan) My delivery date is late Nov. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the dealer.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:14 AM
jj1814

Nah I dont have any experience w/ them. I went with Falhaber in Colerain, who is EXCELLENT. Maybe some of the others on here could provide some insight. I think dwnshift has some sort of relationship with Jeff Wyler Nissan, so maybe you should talk to him.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:19 AM
aprez99

hey have you actually had service done at Falhaber or are you just referring to the sales? also, do you have any tranny grinding problems yet? i almost didn't order my car because i am really "nervous" about the possibility of a bad tranny. i did talk to my salesman about it and he said he hasn't seen any problems at ALL at Wyler. i even specifically asked him if any trannys had been replaced. i sure hope he is telling the truth.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:39 PM
jj1814

I havent had anything more than an oil change done on my Z at Falhaber. I had all my service (oil change and others) on my Frontier done there, though. I usually have my Z serviced at Kings Nissan since I live about 5 minutes away from the automall.

To date, I haven't had any tranny grinding issues whatsoever. I HAVE had the tire feathering issue which I just had the TSB done for about 2 weeks ago - but it coming back, so I am going to see if Nissan North America will authorize new tires.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:28 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

If it says Wyler on the dealership - you're going to get screwed . I pre-ordered, bought, and do all my dealings with Falhaber Nissan. Faimly owned and they truely care about their customers. I know other Z owners (from 240s to 300ZX TTs) and they all go to Falhaber. Some driver 50+ miles to go there after moves and all say the same thing, Falhaber truely cares.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
aprez99

Do you know for sure that Wyler is bad to deal with, or do you just know that you are happy with Falhaber? I already ordered from Wyler. I guess, I could just go to Falhaber for service if they are that much better.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:28 AM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Wyler group is great. Jeff is a sponsor on our 350Z that we race in the Grand AM Cup. We do a lot of buisness with the Eastgate dealership since we are in Batavia.
Jeff and his son James come to a lot of our races and I will got out and say Jeff is one of the nicest guys I have ever meet. He is very relaxed and has agreat since of humor.
If you need anything let us know at Wright Tuning 513 735 2300 how we can help.
If you are looking for a new car tell them that Schuitemaker Motorsports sent you!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in Cincy area have experience with Wyler Nissan in Fairfield???-midohio5.jpg  
Old 10-21-2003, 02:21 PM
zvan

I bought mine from Mike Kong at Wyler Fairfield. I had a great experience and I continue to be happy with them after 2 visits to the service department.

I started looking for my Z last Dec. after selling my previous car. I have an extra car that I use as my winter car, it is a BROWN 1986 Toyota Celica. That combined with looking 18 years old proved to be a bad combination for getting a test drive at our local Nissan dealerships. My first attempt was at Kings Nissan where they basically laughed in my face and told me that I would have to place and order, wait for the car, then test drive that car after it arrived, even though they had 3 sitting on the lot. They wanted to write the deal contingent on my approval after the test drive. The second attempt was at Busam Nissan by Tri-county mall. I called and asked to speak to the manager, then I complained about the lack of service at Kings Nissan and told him that if he wanted to sell me a car it would begin with a test drive. I pulled up this time with a friend in his red Porsche. Needless to say the test drive went great. I went back the next day and spoke with a salesman about placing my order. He proceeded to tell me a string of lies about Nissan not allowing them to order cars and I would have to settle for a dealer trade and the car could have as many as 200 miles by the time i got it. Stop #3 was Wyler and from the moment I stepped out of the brown Toyota to the day my car arrived I felt that I was treated fairly. My only experience with Falhaber was a used car I took a peak at to replace the Toyota. I asked to see the paper work on the the car, and mixed in the pile of papers, I found the inspection report that the mechanic completed when the car was traded in. The engine column was checked marked with a big fat POOR and when confronted, the salesman and the manager told me it was because it had a small oil leak around the valve cover gasket. YEAH RIGHT! From the other posts it seems that that is not common, but I would go to Wyler again if I had to do it over.

The service department is good too, they always let me go back with the car and the mechanic shows me everything he is doing, and the serice advisor is a young guy who is very personable and talks cars with me the whole time i'm there.

I give Wyler 2 thumbs UP!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:42 AM
aprez99

Well this is a LOT more reassuring now that I know Wyler isn't bad to deal with. Thanks to all who replied. I hope to get my car about December 1. Hey zvan, how long did you wait for your car from the day you ordered until you took delivery??
Old 10-23-2003, 09:52 AM
zvan

I ordered the car on December 21, 2002. The order was officially placed during the first week in January and I picked the car up on March 7, 2003. Who is your salesman? He probably knows who I am. I was calling or stopping in weekly last winter and I talked with lots of their staff. Everyone was great.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:57 PM
aprez99

Robert Sabbagh is my salesman. He seems like a nice guy. I have no complaints so far. I asked him if he had seen any tranny issues at Wyler and he said no. That is the only thing I am worried about with the car. Other than that I can't wait. I am pretty sure the car was ordered on Oct. 6. I am already counting the days.............
Old 10-27-2003, 09:01 AM
zvan

I went by Jeff Wyler the other night, and my salesman has moved to North Carolina. I wasn't surprised because he told me he was moving down there. Something to do with his family. Anyway, I have met Robert and he does seem like a pretty nice guy. My tranny has been great even though I know there has been some talk about that with others. I like the new Armada, that is a pretty cool rig!

What color/package did you order?
Old 10-27-2003, 09:59 AM
aprez99

I ordered a Silverstone Enthusiast 6MT. I plan on doing my own stereo, rims and performance mods so higher models didn't do too much for me. It would have been nice to have leather with heated seats and tire pressure monitors on the Enthusiast model, but even without the Enthusiast still suits me best. I agree with you on the Armada, exept that chrome front end. The Infiniti FX looks better IMO. The interior of the Armada is pretty sweet though.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:40 AM
cincyspider

I had my 300ZX in with Wyler Eastgate for a regular service some years back. Got a call mid-day from the mechanic on my car, asking if I had been in a front end wreck. I (naturally) panicked and said NO....and WHY??? He then goes on to tell me that my front end has been rebuilt and that he can't get into the air filter in order to check it or change it. Ok, now I AM panicking! Car was couple years old at that point...I bought it new...and the whole way to Wyler I'm wondering how the hell I was sold a new car that had been rebuilt!!!! Got there, still sweating....mechanic took me back to my car....we opened the hood....and I very calmly opened the god-damn air cleaner hatch.....DUH! What a dumb ***! That was the last time I ever took my 300 to Wyler for service again!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:45 AM
zvan

never been to Wyler Eastgate, but that sounds like a pretty stupid mechanic.

I almost regret buying the touring and not getting a cheaper package and saving some dough. The leather is great, but the Bose sucks, and the heated seats don't get more than a little warm. Oh well.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:03 AM
aprez99

That really is disappointing about the BOSE system in the 350Z. I have one in my 98 GMC Envoy and it is pretty good. It was barely good enough for me not being able to justify ripping it out and going aftermarket. And if you know my stereo tastes, that is saying ALOT. Don't get me wrong, it isn't the greatest thing, but I still am glad I didn't rip the thing out and start over.

As far as Wyler Fairfiield, I can only hope they have better mechanincs than Eastgate.

Hey Zvan (or anyone else who uses Wyler Fairfield) do you have any performance mods yet? More specifically, is Wyler Fairfield trying to void the warranty after something as simple as CAI or exhaust?
Old 10-28-2003, 10:19 AM
jj1814

Originally posted by aprez99
I ordered a Silverstone Enthusiast 6MT. I plan on doing my own stereo, rims and performance mods so higher models didn't do too much for me.
Exactly my reasoning for getting an Enthusiast. I would have gotten the Base, but it didnt have HIDs and cruise control.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:03 AM
zvan

I don't have any mods yet, but legally they can't void waranty for intake and exhaust mods unless those mods caused the problem in question.

About the Bose, I recently went to a Cadillac test drive event and brought a cd with me. All the Cadillacs had Bose systems and all sounded light years better than mine. Also listened to a 2004 Z's Bose and noticed some improvement. Hopefully that new TSB will help. I don't understand why Bose went so cheap and skimpy on this car. I am sure they get paid the same, regardless of the price of the car.