Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

SE Michigan: Install Party

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 AM
BrianLG35C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Still have radius arms to change, toe bolts to install, longer studs, spacers and rolled fenders. The list never ends.
Are you going to rent a fender rolling tool?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Datona Jess

Brians you both need to roll your fenders realy bad....

Rob I will be away this weekend, it is Western's Homecoming so I will be in Kalamazoo all weekend.
Lee I am curious to see how that is going to sound...
Old 10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Are you going to rent a fender rolling tool?
Normally, I do everything myself. Ask anyone. However, I've seen what happens when you do a bad job rolling. (Not heating the fender enough or overheating.) Creases or paint cracking in the fender quickly becomes a costly repair. I'm thinking about leaving this one to a body shop. I had one quote $75 a fender. (Not the best price, but if they cover their workmanship, then it's worth it.)
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Normally, I do everything myself. Ask anyone. However, I've seen what happens when you do a bad job rolling. (Not heating the fender enough or overheating.) Creases or paint cracking in the fender quickly becomes a costly repair. I'm thinking about leaving this one to a body shop. I had one quote $75 a fender. (Not the best price, but if they cover their workmanship, then it's worth it.)
I hear you. I still haven't found any shop locally I feel comfortable with doing it. I'm paranoid I'll end up having to re-paint the fenders.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
sig11

Do y'all know of a shop that wouldn't gouge me to install the exhaust and sway bars? Realistically it will be cold and suck the second week of November and no one will want to work on a car.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
AznSky

if you can find a garage, I'm sure any of us would be willing to help for free. As long as there's a heater of some sort. Probably save you a good couple hundred.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by sig11
Do y'all know of a shop that wouldn't gouge me to install the exhaust and sway bars? Realistically it will be cold and suck the second week of November and no one will want to work on a car.
I would gouge you. LOL!

I'm not sure if I'll be in town most of November. If I am, I certainly will help put that up. I can bring a 30,000 BTU propane Reddy Heater. It will have you sweating at 0°F. So get that bad boy exhaust and we'll get it installed.

Sways are easy too. Don't forget to pickup adjustable endlinks.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Phreakdout

OK, so I've got Rob coming over this Saturday (10/24) to install toe bolts. Anyone else want to join in?

It's a 30% chance of showers. Then again, when have the weather men been correct?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 PM
mekatoka

I plan to join, what time are you guys meeting?
Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 AM
AznSky

So I have no clue how it's 73 today, and drops to 45 on Saturday...........

Brian i hope you can free up some garage space cuz it's gonna be cold........If not then we can do it at my place.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Datona Jess

Lee
We can do it.
So long as there is no snow I can move the Z and the Camaro out of the garage and get your car in there. Its not heated but it stays really warm because its side entrance.

Besides I would NOT take it anywhere local they have never seen a 370 yet I bet you may pay a ton in labor as the "figure it out". Also if you are thinking of putting Test Pipes or HFC's you should do it now. we have to take the exhaust almost all off to get to the Factory Cats anyway.

Personally I am a Test pipe man

Last edited by Datona Jess; 10-21-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 AM
sig11

Alright.

I thought about test pipes but I'm afraid of the noise. Nowadays 80% of my driving is interstate and if I need to wear earplugs for 8+ hours I will be really unhappy. If it isn't ear splitting I'll probably think about it next spring.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by sig11
Alright.

I thought about test pipes but I'm afraid of the noise. Nowadays 80% of my driving is interstate and if I need to wear earplugs for 8+ hours I will be really unhappy. If it isn't ear splitting I'll probably think about it next spring.
Do it in steps. TP's can be added later. If you like the sound w/ cats, then you can keep rockin' them. If it's too quiet, then pick them up or go with race cats. (A mid point.)

I agree with AJ, don't take it to a shop. We can do it.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by mekatoka
I plan to join, what time are you guys meeting?
Morning. We'll post up by Friday night.

Originally Posted by AznSky
So I have no clue how it's 73 today, and drops to 45 on Saturday...........

Brian i hope you can free up some garage space cuz it's gonna be cold........If not then we can do it at my place.
I have room for one car right now. One at a time is all we need. I'll pick up propane for the Reddy heater.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Datona Jess

Lee.

My car was quiet as a mouse on the highway. By putting on Non resinated Test pipes the Resination point on the exhaust gets moved up in the RPM range.
So at 3k your car is just burbbling along, it will be quiet as a mouse

now over 3500 it starts getting loud, 5500 it sounds like a beast.
this is just with TP's.

If you get them and don't like them, I will just buy them off you depending on what kind you get and all.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 AM
mekatoka

I was thinking about doing something to my car to change the exhaust note. I haven't done any research and know nothing about any of the components that make up the exhaust. Maybe I will ask in person on Saturday.

I want to do only those mods that I can remove if/when needed and put the stockers back in.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:45 AM
AznSky

uh oh......Deepu is getting the mod bug haha.

I knew there was no way you'd keep that Nismo stock!

Hi-Flow Cat's and catback. That's what I did, no SES light, and completely changeable back to stock.

I'll give you and "underbody" explanation on Sat.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by mekatoka
I was thinking about doing something to my car to change the exhaust note. I haven't done any research and know nothing about any of the components that make up the exhaust. Maybe I will ask in person on Saturday.

I want to do only those mods that I can remove if/when needed and put the stockers back in.
IMO, start with test pipes or race cats. It will pick up the tone a little. If that doesn't suit you, switch to OE cats and full exhaust. If that is not enough, then put the race cats on with full exhaust. If that's not enough, go to resonated test pipes. If that's not enough, get your hearing checked.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Datona Jess

Ahhh he finally got the bug, good for you man.

I would go to the exhaust section and listen to the sound clips and try to find something you like. different strokes for different folks man. I personally don't like the sound of Resinated TP's but most people do....

You are going to want to do some Research find what you like then look in the classifieds and try to find what your looking for. Best part is the seasons are changing and there is going to be ALOT for sale here shortly
Old 10-22-2009, 06:53 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

FYI - I think my Ultimate Racing HFC's blewup after this past track day. When I went to fill-up before storage there was a nasty rattling noise coming from the exhaust... I won't really know until next year - but I'll probably go with resonated test-pipes and the Motordyne single HFC next year (along with the VQ muffler for daily driving - it's just too damn loud with the Shockwave!)

Quick Reply: SE Michigan: Install Party