Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Dick Scott Nissan is the greatest stealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:41 PM
mekatoka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dick Scott Nissan is the greatest stealership

I can't believe I had yet another bad experience with Dick Scott. I just don't understand why I keep going to this dealership at all. I am pissed as hell.

Today I went for a 15K maintenance and they quoted me 240$ price. When I told that I have a Gold Premium maintenance package they said they would do 200$ OTD because my package only covered oil changes. I was certain that my package also covered major maintenance but I figured I will sort the matter later in the day because I had to run for work.

During the day I call a few other dealerships around the area to find out the pricing and the same 15K maintenance package costs about 200$ at other places. Also found out that my package did cover the parts like In Cabin filter, air filters and few other things in the maintenance. So I called Dick scott to mention this and they said they would check the paper work and sort the things and make sure that I don't overpay.

I go to pick up my car in the evening and they give me a big shock with a 195$ bill. I am like WTF. How can you charge me so much? In the morning they gave me rough pricing -- in-cabin filter (80$), Air Filters (2x 20$) and they charge 40$ for oil change. So there goes the 160$. I do not know WTF they charged me 195$ for.

When I ask all of the above, the guy goes in and comes back saying the service manager just left and he cannot do anything. And offers free oil change. WTF, am I going to do with a free oil change when I have a maintenance package that is paid for up to 75K

Then he goes, if you leave the car here we can sort the things tomorrow morning. I was so mad by then that I paid the 195$ and got the hell out of there.

I am never going back to this STEALERSHIP again.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 PM
mclovin.too

Labor, dispose fee & tax maybe? Plus all the coffee you drank there
Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 PM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by mclovin.too
Labor, dispose fee & tax maybe? Plus all the coffee you drank there
I would have been understanding if I drank the coffee there. But I didn't even do that. I check my bill and there is a 155$ labor and I don't know what is that for. I am planning on calling Nissan and reporting the issue.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

How about look for your in-cabin micro-flter, guess what bud, you don't have one in your Z! hmmmm..the plot thickens....!

FYI, Nissan corporate won't do ****, your wasting your time.

I would inquire about the in-cabin filter though, Z's don't have em!

Last edited by zand02max; 11-02-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:09 PM
mekatoka

Hmm .... Ok, my bill does not state any in-cabin air filter. May be the advisor got confused? My bill only states Oil filter, Wiper Blades, Oil and that is what is stated as covered.

They did a fuel induction service, Balanced tires (can't do rotate on my car) and the other minor stuff that they do in 15K maint like lubricate hinges, fill all fluids etc etc. They charged me 155$ labor for that.

Do you think that's a fair price?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 PM
mclovin.too

What is the HR rate? Shouldn't take them long to do that.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mekatoka
Hmm .... Ok, my bill does not state any in-cabin air filter. May be the advisor got confused? My bill only states Oil filter, Wiper Blades, Oil and that is what is stated as covered.

They did a fuel induction service, Balanced tires (can't do rotate on my car) and the other minor stuff that they do in 15K maint like lubricate hinges, fill all fluids etc etc. They charged me 155$ labor for that.

Do you think that's a fair price?
wow you could have paid just for oil filter + new oil for around $50, change the wipers yourself, lubricate hinges yourself (WD-40). Fuel induction service??? lmao get a bottle of Seafoam at Autozone and put a little bit in the gas tank to clean out your fuel injectors. Only take a minute to do!

I'm sure the tires doesn't need to be balance because if it was not balance, you would know it right away when you bought the car, plus at 15k miles, that is way too early. You only balance tires if your steering wheel shake/vibrate at 40mph+ and when you get new tires. Can't believe they rape you so much... with no lube either!!! bet it hurts right lol

Last edited by *ICE*; 11-02-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:53 PM
stein

tisk tisk tisk,,, All you need to be doing is oil changes/air filter/wipers until you reach 60k unless you dog the hell out of your car daily! IMHO any time you take you car to the dealer for anything more than an oil change you going to get bent over.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
sig11

I tried really hard to buy a 370 from them because of the good reputation I thought they had with the guys here. I had to chase the salesman... ended up finding my car online and telling the salesman where it was. He called back about an hour later and said "Hey, I found a car for you!" with a $3,000 price increase over what he had quoted before.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by stein
tisk tisk tisk,,, All you need to be doing is oil changes/air filter/wipers until you reach 60k unless you dog the hell out of your car daily! IMHO any time you take you car to the dealer for anything more than an oil change you going to get bent over.
When I bought my car I did not know how to work on my car. With the help of a few forum members I now know minor things like oil change, brake pad changes, brake bleeding etc and so I have been meaning to cancel my maintenance contract. Since I hadn't used my contract for almost 5-6K miles I decided to use it before I cancel it .... and I get raped for it. I guess it was my mistake ... good lesson learned.

Originally Posted by sig11
I tried really hard to buy a 370 from them because of the good reputation I thought they had with the guys here. I had to chase the salesman... ended up finding my car online and telling the salesman where it was. He called back about an hour later and said "Hey, I found a car for you!" with a $3,000 price increase over what he had quoted before.
I had similar experience when I wanted to buy the one Nismo they had in stock. They treated me like **** when I tried to negotiate the price on the car. They wouldn't budge from MSRP and made me feel like I couldn't afford the car. The car sat on their lot (07 model) for about 14-15 months before someone bought it and eventually I bought mine in Chicago for 200 below invoice.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Datona Jess

Deepu,

Man any of those Maintenace plans is BS...
Basically you got taken on THAT part...

I would cancel it, $155.00 for all of that seems a bit high, but they could argue the master tech worked on it because it is a NISMO.
His rate is thus higher, and there is your bill...

The guy who was there that was awesome, the Tech and Service Manager have both left. I think that place is going downhill now.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Phreakdout

Didn't I show you how to change the oil? All you need is a socket wrench, 14mm socket, 10mm socket for the underbody shield, oil filter wrench and oil drain pan. The hardest part is just getting the front of the car on ramps. (Oil and filter $25) I never trust someone else to do the oil change. You don't know if they completely drained the pan, changed the filter or used the right kind of oil.

Air filters are super easy to change. ($20 in materials) I suggest you change to K&N instead of paper elements.

Injector service is not needed on such a new car. If you are using a decent gasoline, like Shell or BP, there is little change that the injector is dirty. If it makes you feel better, use STP injector cleaner or some product like that.
($5) Just pour it in just before your next fill up.

Wipers ($12) You can change these while you are at the gas pump. Literally, you will have it done before you can fill the tank.

Balancing should be done by a competent tire shop. These guys will have equipment that balances at higher speeds, is more accurate on wheel weight placement and they are more likely to have better weights. Not the kind that crimps on to the inner bead.

Personally, I've had good experiences with Dick Scott and I'd like Andy (NismoTitan) to help get involved. He's helped to develop relationships between the enthusiast community and the dealers. It would be a shame to see this destroyed because of knuckleheads in the shop.

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
The guy who was there that was awesome, the Tech and Service Manager have both left. I think that place is going downhill now.
Frank, the tech was awesome. I lost some confidence in DS Nissan when he left. The Service Manager, I forgot his name, was a super cool redheaded guy. He's now at the dealership in Mt Clemens. That dealership is very far away but I might recommend giving them a try when you want something done right. These guys seem to support the Z community.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 11-03-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:56 PM
skingy

wow, sorry to hear that deepu. chalk it up to a lesson learned (yeah, call me mr. obvious, heh).

when i bought mine used, i worked with the financial guy on the extended warranty. he kept trying to sell me stuff like insurance for my wheels ('anything goes wrong at all, you get new wheels! those have to be expensive too!), AFLAC for my car (that's what he called it...don't remember or care about the official name), etc. etc. I just said, no thanks. i just want the bumper-to-bumper extended warranty. of course, they didn't tell me it didn't cover anything with the soft top, motors, etc. o.O

good luck, man.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:48 PM
ODEHBOY

Damn that sucks bro. The dealer here in monroe is crazy like that too.

I get all my work done in toledo. Way cool service tech there, and he gives me cost on all parts.

Good luck on everything.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by skingy
he kept trying to sell me stuff like insurance for my wheels ('anything goes wrong at all, you get new wheels! those have to be expensive too!),
LOL. I fell for the wheel/tire insurance... that's it though. I wonder if they will fix the scratches and curbing..
Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Nismo Titan

Lightbulb

Sorry to hear about your frustratingly horrible experience at Dick Scott.

Just as an FYI, there's been a lot of personnel changes over that Dick Scott, especially over on the sales side. Personally speaking, I would not recommend ANY of the sales staff over there now... the ones there before all left and followed the previous Sales GM, Joe Kern, over to Boyland Nissan in Macomb. Secondly, the man you need to speak with is Gary Johnson. He's the Service Manager there. From what you mentioned, it sounds like you spoke with a service advisor name Justin Berner. In my personal experiences that I've had with him about a month ago, he is incompetent at best.

Since I know Gary personally, I bypassed the service advisor and spoke with him directly. He took excellent care of me and proceeded to take care of a leaking rear axle seal and bad axle vent breather cap for no charge (under good faith/ good will). Gary did this for me even though I was 8k miles over the 60k powertrain warranty!

I've spoken with Gary in the past in trying to promote their service department to the Z car and Titan community so he's very atune to customer service.

Here's the toll free number, 1-800-725-9415 and ask to speak with Gary. And tell him that Andy K. with the Nismo Titan referred you.

One other thing, Jeff Heldt is the Master Tech over there. I would highly recommend that after having spoken to Gary, ask (very insistently) that only Jeff touch your Z. My friends Kurt (07 Nismo/ 04 Titan) and Dan ('99 R34 GT-R/ '10 Armada) do the exact same thing when they bring their vehicles in for service. Dan also insists that they use hand tools only when working on his beloved R34.

Good luck to you and let me know if need any further assistance from me. I have a few contacts at the Nissan Tech Ctr in Farmington Hills, especially in the executive ranks but do not want to have to play those cards unless they're absolutely necessary.

Andy

Last edited by Nismo Titan; 11-05-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Deepu,

Man any of those Maintenace plans is BS...
Basically you got taken on THAT part...

I would cancel it, $155.00 for all of that seems a bit high, but they could argue the master tech worked on it because it is a NISMO.
His rate is thus higher, and there is your bill...

Frank was the Tech and Tim was the service advisor, not the Service Manager. Jeff Heldt is the Master Tech and I ask for him personally when my Titan's being worked on. I do not believe that having the Master Tech do the work changes the amount of $$$ that you pay.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by mekatoka

The car sat on their lot (07 model) for about 14-15 months before someone bought it and eventually I bought mine in Chicago for 200 below invoice.
It's actually kind of ironic but I was seriously intending on buying that Silver 07 Nismo because it had celebrated it's first birthday there. I had asked my friend Kurt to inquire about the price when he was down there having his Titan serviced. One thing led to another and Kurt ended up buying the car for $27k plus tax! Needless to say, I was kind of PO'ed but hey, at least I know who bought it!!! LoL. Right after that, Joe Kern, the GM was let go and the sales department has gone down hill after that.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by mclovin.too
What is the HR rate? Shouldn't take them long to do that.
$98/ hour I believe.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Phreakdout

I knew you'd come through Andy!

Quick Reply: Dick Scott Nissan is the greatest stealership