Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Official Michigan Shop Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:42 AM
AznSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Michigan Shop Thread

Let's use this thread for everybody to post up their experiences with local shops. Any type of shops (tire/wheel, audio, maintenance) anything, including dealers. And it doesn't have to be Z related either, cuz most of us have other cars as well besides our beloved Z/G.

Gilson Motorsports
- Have always gotten my track tech inspections done there. cool guy. Specializes mostly on porsche's but can do BMW HPDE tech inspections as well.
- First time I went he checked my brake fluid and said I needed to change it, only charged me about $60 for a full brake fliud flush to Super Blue (So about $30 in parts and $30 for labor which I think is pretty cheap.

Dick Scott Canton Nissan Dealer
- I've had good experiences with them, I know others have not.
- Got my alignment done with them on a Saturday morning, told them what specifically what I wanted.
- Charged me $110, but the tech who was working on my car (don't remember his name, but really big guy) was really cool, came out a few times to show me how the numbers were, asked if I wanted to change anything. In the end he couldn't adjust the front (he said he even searched online forums lol) which makes sense cuz our fronts aren't adjustable. But he brought me back to the shop (which isn't allowed) and showed me how he adjusts stuff and the numbers on the screen.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM
AznSky

bump, hey this thread was your guys' idea!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 AM
rwm10

Anyone know a shop that can do some simple exhaust fabrication in SE MI?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
lbk16

Yes! Check out Mufflers & More in Walled Lake. May be a bit of drive for you, but definitely worth it. They do a ton of custom exhaust work (for some higher end cars as well). I know the owner, Kenny Walters. He is a very good guy and an avid HPDE/Lapping day enthusiast. I am sure that others will chime in as well. www.mufflersandmore.net
Old 06-07-2010, 12:22 PM
rwm10

Originally Posted by lbk16
Yes! Check out Mufflers & More in Walled Lake. May be a bit of drive for you, but definitely worth it. They do a ton of custom exhaust work (for some higher end cars as well). I know the owner, Kenny Walters. He is a very good guy and an avid HPDE/Lapping day enthusiast. I am sure that others will chime in as well. www.mufflersandmore.net
Thanks man!! Can you shoot me a PM with his email? If not I'll just get in touch with the shop.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 AM
lbk16

kenny@mufflersandmore.net is his email, but probably best to just contact the shop.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
rwm10

Cool, thanks again!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:20 PM
ivansz

Does anyone know a shop that can roll fender? thanks!!!

Last edited by ivansz; 02-10-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:25 AM
scardeal

I've had good experiences with Arbor Motion in Ann Arbor. They merged with RennSport recently, and are a Tire Rack recommended installer. The shop is littered with Porsches.

Very cool guys there.

They've got a good alignment rack (I think he mentioned that it can give measurements to the thousandth of a degree) and a good road force wheel balancer.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:10 AM
ivansz

Thanks alot man!!! i been looking every where. Finally i can order my wheels. Thanks again!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
AznSky

I would call and make sure they can roll fenders, cuz not all wheel/tire installers will roll fenders. I'll continue to ask around for you as well
Old 02-14-2011, 07:18 AM
ivansz

Originally Posted by scardeal
I've had good experiences with Arbor Motion in Ann Arbor. They merged with RennSport recently, and are a Tire Rack recommended installer. The shop is littered with Porsches.

Very cool guys there.

They've got a good alignment rack (I think he mentioned that it can give measurements to the thousandth of a degree) and a good road force wheel balancer.
So I called these guys and they said that they don't do fender roll, so now im back at where I started.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:38 AM
08panna

Originally Posted by ivansz
So I called these guys and they said that they don't do fender roll, so now im back at where I started.
rolling fenders are extremely easy. if there is a local forum up there, i would see who rents out fender rollers. some auto zones do also. youll need that and a heat gun. be patient and take your time. i did mine in about an hour and thats mainly from figuring out the controls. if you keep the heat on the lip, then you wont crack the paint. i have a small spider crack on the first one but you cant see it unless your looking up in the wheel well
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM
.Maverick

If anyone has any experience with any body shops that do good work painting and body kits I would appreciate it for future reference. I'm buying a 2004 Nissan 350z Touring Edition on Thursday!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 AM
skingy

i don't remember what shop he works out of - i know it's in Troy. ali referred him to me. his name is matt, and i had him stop by to quote a carbon fender install. he was willing to come to me and work in my garage, and i know he paints well (i saw his work on ali's white vert). i don't have any experience with him, but plan to in the future. cool guy.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default S&G Import Parts

I've been getting my ATE brake fluid and Redline Trans/Diff fluids from this local place. Several locations. They can also get VW parts (maybe Nissan too.. never checked). Prices are fair considering no shipping. Support a local business!

http://www.sgparts.com

They have locations in -
Berkley
Farmington
Roseville
Lincoln Park
Waterford
Ann Arbor
Toledo
Grand Rapids
Old 03-09-2011, 04:56 AM
lbk16

We should also add Oakos Automotive in Sterling Heights. I know that Dave now has a mechanic on staff. He specializes in Subies mostly, but has a ton of 350Z related products - including fluids. www.oakos.com
Old 04-11-2011, 06:33 AM
ivansz

So i finally found a place that rolls fenders, I'm going there sat to get it done. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Wish me luck
Old 04-11-2011, 07:16 AM
sig11

One of the GLZC guys just invested in the tools to roll fenders too... Maybe you guys should talk?

I finally have something to add to the thread too.

I had Mufflers and More install my BC ER coilovers and Z1 SS brake lines the other day. They did a great job and way cheaper than I expected considering how long it took to get everything together and aligned. I left with a car so low they had to disassemble the lift to get it off.

I'm just waiting for some new tires so I can get them mounted and the car corner balanced by Mufflers and More. I only had one complaint... they over torqued my wheels so much I had to buy a breaker bar to get 'em loose. To me that's just a nitpick though...
Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 AM
ivansz

Originally Posted by sig11
One of the GLZC guys just invested in the tools to roll fenders too... Maybe you guys should talk?

I finally have something to add to the thread too.

I had Mufflers and More install my BC ER coilovers and Z1 SS brake lines the other day. They did a great job and way cheaper than I expected considering how long it took to get everything together and aligned. I left with a car so low they had to disassemble the lift to get it off.

I'm just waiting for some new tires so I can get them mounted and the car corner balanced by Mufflers and More. I only had one complaint... they over torqued my wheels so much I had to buy a breaker bar to get 'em loose. To me that's just a nitpick though...
Which member has the roller?

I know where that pace is. I'm thinking about going there and have my TP installed.

I Just got my tires this morning; they are BF GoodRich G Force
I got 255/35/19F and 295/35/19R I paid 750. I think i got a good deal on them.

Quick Reply: Official Michigan Shop Thread