Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

MA/Nh 350Z Club - Anyone Interested ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 02:45 PM
vicmar90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weather permitting I'll be there. At that time I will be looking for anywhere to go for a ride. As we get closer to spring, I will check in. Once details are finalized, I will pass the invitation along to the Connecticut Z owners on this site. As soon as I get more details on the Jerry Rome Nissan meet I will pass them along.
Victor
Old 01-25-2003, 03:22 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Springfield or Plaistow both sound good !

Victor and others ,

Thanks for getting back to us on the Springfield meet ! It sounds good . Do you have any other details at this time ? I have a great dealership here , Port City Nissan in Portsmouth , NH . I may feel them out also as to putting on a similar thing ! You never know .It seems like there is some solid interest in starting a New England 350Z Club which would be very beneficial to all. As long as we spread out the get togethers so it is convenient for all , it should fly .I'd gladly head down to Connecticut or Rhode Island any time . So , keep in touch . I'm looking out the window at the frozen harbor here in Hampton Beach and it's killing me to not be able to drive the Z . What can you do ! Keep those Zs indoors for a little longer . Keep in touch and if you know of anyone else , give them the word !

Frank
Sunny Hampton Beach , NH
Base Silverstone 6M
Old 01-25-2003, 07:30 AM
vicmar90

For the most part, my car is in the garage also. I warm it and take it out for a spin once a week but nothing major. I am getting antsy and want to do some mods. also but it's just too cold!!

There are some Z clubs in New England but (ie. New England Z Car Club, which I believe Paul at Avalon Racing heads, Bob Sharp Z Car Club, etc.) but I don't know of any that is strictly dedicated to the 350Z. Also, I don't know many 350Z owners are members of these clubs. I would definitely like to see some type of 350Z club in New England. You guys seem to be getting a nice group together and in Connecticut I know of at least 8 350Z owners that have expressed interest in getting together and this is without having anything organized yet.

As soon as I have info. on the Jerry Rome Nissan meet, I will pass that along. You may want to check out www.bobsharpzcarclub.org as well since once a year they hold a meet and we went last year togheter with some New England Z Car Club members and had a great time. We had a caravan of 12 different Z car models that came from MA, NH, and CT drive down to the show and we had a blast. You may want to think about this event because it's probably the last big one of the year since it's held in October. Last October there were 9 350Z's there and the car had only been out one month. I could only imagine this year.

We are planning a CT meet this spring also and would love to have some of you guys come down. As soon as we put this together, we will advise you.

Sorry, I wrote some much. Just getting excited!
Victor
Old 01-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default ZCCNE

The Z Car club of New England covers the majority of the North eat with events from ZCCA sanctioned shows, Autocross, road course events, monthly meetings, cruise nights, tech sessions, road rallys etc etc.

The ZCCNE is also the host club for the 2003 International Z Car Convention sponsored by Nissan, Toy and many others.

It is important to be a paort of a ZCCa member club because of the sanction by, Nissa, the insuance at events etc.

www.zccne.addr.com

Regards
Old 01-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Surprize guest at th emeet

Hi guys,

I want to first thank anyone2u for organizing the meet. We are looking at late march or more likely early or mid april. Definitely on a sunday since it gets too busy on saturdays. We have a big enough parking lot for at least 60 cars. So don't be affraid to bring your friends.

We will be having a barbeque and sodas. We usualy do this as a complimentery gesture for everyone attending. So no cost to you we will provide the food and drinks free of charge. Since most of you will be traveling a little distance that's the least we could do.

Here is the surprize. We are in talks with the distributor and importers of Power Enterprise. The source for the famous Twin Turbo kit everyone is talking about. Once this kit is available we will be selling and installing it at the premises. This will require some training in our behalf but we will be sending our technician to get trained on installing the kit on the 350z. The R and D person from PE has talked to me on th ephone and he was very interested in coming to the meet and showcasing the Turbo kit for us. I don't have any details on weather he will have a car here or not.

We also want to set this up so we can have a contest on the best 350z on the show. Again no registration fee just show up and enter. And stay until the end to collect the trophies.

We will also have some fun games with prizes to win. And hopefully make it a fun and enjoyable sunday.

The more the merrier, so please bring your girlfriends, boyfriends, best friends anyone that would like these cars.

I also do not have any opposition to have any older gen 300ZX's at the show but this we will leave in the air.

BTW the shop will be open so if anyone is interested on getting any toys there will be special pricing set up for that day only. The 350z's we have worked on will be there on display, as well as our custom boxes. Do not feel obligated this is not a sale day, this is a barbeque meet. We just will be available in case anyone wants to get anything, no pressure

i am looking forward to meeting all of you, please pass the word out.

Oh yes we will also have a surprize Gift to th e350z that traveled the most distance to get there.

I will be on Vacation from sat 1st to 8th will talk to all you guys when I get back.

Nazar
Old 01-30-2003, 08:41 PM
rouxeny

Very nice Nazar. This sounds like an interesting idea. I'm always willing to drive a few miles.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:31 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default ZCCNE

I would suggest becoming a part of the Z Car Club of New England. This fully sanctioned club has a ton of events, guest speakers, huge shows, road course events, auto-X, drags etc.

www.zccne.addr.com

Plus the club is fully insured for our events. And most importantly full support from Nissan headquarters in Japan, CA and the Northeast Division.

Regards
Old 02-03-2003, 11:55 AM
wolf6010

Hey, as long as the snow and salt are gone, I am game!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 12:46 PM
black300zx

Well not all the Zs are in storage this winter, I'm driving mine everyday and loving it! I avoid driving in the snow as much as possible, but it can be done. I'm in Needham, MA and am definitely interested in becoming a club member and attending the BBQ at Nazar's shop. Count me in!

Keep us posted.

Eduardo
Old 02-03-2003, 07:37 PM
wingsFan

Talking I'm in for a BBQ as well

Assuming salt and snow are gone, count me in for the BBQ also, especially since I'm in Plaistow just about every week anyway I've also been meaning to stop back into Naz's shop anyway, so it will work out nicely.

FYI, last time I was over there, I talked to a guy who worked at the appliance place across the street that had a new 350Z as well, so if I see the car there the next time I drive through, I'll let him know (unless he's reading this ).
Old 02-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by black300zx
Well not all the Zs are in storage this winter, I'm driving mine everyday and loving it! I avoid driving in the snow as much as possible, but it can be done. I'm in Needham, MA and am definitely interested in becoming a club member...
OK, wait a minute there Eduardo, you live in Needham??? I live in Needham!!! It's not like Needham is huge city or anything... How have I not seen your car around town? I live right off of Great Plain about a 1/2 mile from the Wellesly line. We should meet sometime when I get my car back from Boston Acoustics. That is too funny!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:23 AM
black300zx

Yeah that's funny! I just moved here a year ago and was told I live in the "wrong" side of town (across rt128). I'm by the Cambridge Soundworks on Highland ave, right before the Newton border. We should definately meet up, we can probably drive up to Nazar's shop if you have your car by then. I saw your posts about the stereo install, your car will sound amazing!

Eduardo
Old 02-08-2003, 12:54 PM
FrankieZZ

Default Barbecue Sounds Great

Thanks Nazar ! This sounds great ! By the way , I do belong to ZCCNE . The barbecue and your guest should attract many !It is amazing how this has taken off . I do like the idea of a solo New England 350Z club , especially if there is so much interest . Whether it be independent or belong to a national can be decided later . Let's just get it going for now .Can't wait to meet all of you . It seems like a great group of guys and gals . It's killing me to have the 350 in the garage . I ran it and moved it a bit today , but no substitution for the real thing .So , hang in there . This first meet sounds like just the medicine for this Lousy New England winter we've had .

FrankieZZ
Hampton ,NH
Silverstone6M
Old 02-08-2003, 01:25 PM
mattc

Default Keep me posted...

I would be interested when winter is over-can't come soon enough...
Old 02-09-2003, 02:49 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Thanks

Anyone2U , thanks for setting up the meet in Plaistow . It should be a good one . I think April is probably looking the most realistic now the way the winter is going . We'll play it by ear !Keep in touch .

FrankieZZ
Old 02-09-2003, 06:12 AM
vicmar90

Yes, keep us posted.

I received an email from Jerry Rome Nissan in Springfield, MA stating that they are still putting together the details of their meet and will send it to me as soon as it is ready. I will post this info. when I receive it.
Victor
Old 02-10-2003, 01:49 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Thanks Victor

Thanks for working on the Springfield get together . Is there anything I can do ? Same for you Anyone2U . Let me know if I can be of any help . Victor , where are you in Conn. ? My sister lives down in Orange .I'll keep in touch ! When is the Springfield meet most likely to occur by the way ?

Frank
Old 02-10-2003, 06:00 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Thanks Victor

Originally posted by FrankieZZ
...Thanks for working on the Springfield get together . Is there anything I can do ? Same for you Anyone2U ...

Frank
You don't happen to have a weather machine do you? [sarcasm]Oh good, it starting to snow again!!![/sarcasm]

Actually Frank, since we have another two months of this stuff on the ground (I suppose I'm being optimistic at this point...) maybe we can come up with a "road trip" route after having our lunch. I was hoping to get a picture of all the cars lined up with the ocean in the background. Any thoughts?
Old 02-11-2003, 01:32 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Sounds good !

Hey Anyone2U ,

Real easy . Hampton and the ocean is only a few minutes from Plaistow . A great shot would be up at Rye( 2 minutes away from Hampton ) , along the coast and full of sea side mansions for a backdrop . It would make a dynamite picture . As to the weather machine , I think I've thrown it out this winter . You can probably get alot of the locals to go also(MA,NH etc.) .I'll be out of town next week on vacation , but keep me posted and the offer is still out there if I can be of any help for Plaistow !

Frank
Hampton Beach , NH
Silverstone 6M
Old 02-17-2003, 12:04 PM
rouxeny

Do we have a date for this meet settled yet?

Quick Reply: MA/Nh 350Z Club - Anyone Interested ?