Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

How many of you use a touchless Carwash?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 PM
StandAloneZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you use a touchless Carwash?

Personally, I've taken my Z to the carwash only 2 times since I purchased it in 03. I don't trust the carwash....they use those nasty *** rags and they never do a good job. But I've never tried a coin op. automatic touchless carwash and that is why I'm asking all of you. I live on Long Island and I wanted to know if anybody can recommend a good touchless carwash, preferably in nassau county. How often do you go to the carwash. Thanx to those who can be of any help.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
O NO

I've been the gammit of them and none of them are any good. If you get passed the brushless part then the wipe towels they use will get ya especially after they just finished the rear end of a big a$$ suv and now start on your hood with it....... grrrrrrr. Even the car washes that say 'hand car wash' but are really assembly line car washes sux, been there done that, my G knows that for sure.

I send my car out for a bath all the time and what I did find this past spring is a true 'hand car wash' or the closest thing your gonna get instead of you doing it. No assembly line crap or anthing thing like that. One dude works on your car start to finish. They will even dry ur car down with a leaf blower. Whatever you want them to do they will do for ya I guess within reason. I even bring in my special wash soap and mitts and they use it. A brush for my wheels and they use it. Hold the armorall on my tires and they don't put it on. One time I came in with a minor bruse on my bumper, asked them to see if they could buff it out..... voila, it's gone and they are pretty reasonalble to boot.

They're not in Nassua but in Colledge Point Queens which is only a ten minute run for me luckily. Don't know where you are in Nassua but it might be worth the trip.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
StandAloneZ

Actually i do my own detailing on my car. I was just curious if any of the Z guys on Long Island used the automatic coin op touchless carwashes.