Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Exton Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Clapton9286

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exton Nissan

If anyone's going to purchase from Exton Nissan, PM me. I've had very good business with them, as have my family. I believe my family has purchased more cars from them than anyone, so it's a good thing to know a dealer in and out. Just a heads up!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Vamos_Rafael

i think im going to service there from now on
Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

I had a very awful service experience there. I was very shocked at how I was treated considering we had such a good relationship with them (ECZA).

Joe Busch hosted a car show that we had at Exton Nissan. He is a great guy. I just wish he hired better folks in the service department.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Clapton9286

Really? I only got bad service once, and they fixed everything promptly. Other than that, I know everyone else who touches my car so its a great feeling of security.

May I ask what happened, Pat?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:20 PM
lax91181

Joe Bush is a POS in my opinion. He is a real hot head and treats his employees like ****. And yes, I know him personally, my experiences there have been fine, I know most of the people there. The problem is that I do know most of the people there, it is like working at a restaurant, when you know what really goes on you never want to eat there. I have heard all the stories about what has happened there, and I will only get my free oil change there and I try and watch them as much as possible.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:37 AM
seanlaw

i buy all my 240sx parts there and get some sort of discount (the parts guy is cool). as for service, i had a bad experience with my window motors and had to bring it in 4 times until they fixed it. as for mechanical experience...they seem to be fine.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

I brought up an issue relating to headlight hazing on my 2003. When I brought up this issue and a couple others the service advisor looked at me like I was wasting his time instead of paying $30,000.00 for a sports car that has issues.

I informed them regarding the TSB for the headlight hazing. They said they had no knowledge of it. The car was at the dealership all day. After several calls and trying to find out what was going on and if it was going to be fixed, I was told by the service advisor that I have to take up this issue with Nissan North America.

I explained that I was very unhappy with the service I was getting and was told then to come and get my keys then. When I arrived at the dealership no one wanted to speak with me regarding the issue and they never even provided me with a receipt.

I wrote a nice letter to Mr. Busch explaining my dissatifaction. I was just shocked at the level of service since we had just hosted a ECZA car show at Exton Nissan.

I ended up getting a call from Bob Anderson in their service department. I faxed the TSB to him and explained that I ended up fixing the problem myself. All it took was an hour and some plastic polish.

Needless to say..no more service at Exton Nissan for me.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Clapton9286

You mean Rich Anderson? He's the guy I go through. Other than one problem, I haven't, nor has my family had, any problems with them. Kinda shocking to hear these horror stories. If you have anymore, please tell me, I think im going to talk to the owner/manager George about it, b/c honestly, they've always prided themselves on service. To know this would def help..
Old 03-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Vamos_Rafael

i think i got a hook up from exton nissan ;p
Old 03-25-2006, 03:18 PM
lax91181

george is the GM not an owner. The Bush family owns the place. They pride themselves on saying they have good service, not actually having it. There is a reason they haven't won any awards from nissan for their service. All they do is sell more nissans than anyone else in the area and they are starting to slip on that too. Jvan, who is your hook-up? Maybe I know him. Rich Anderson is a good guy and Tim in Parts is nice as well. George is a sneaky guy that is easy to like but he learned the business in South Jeresy from a guy that have been to jail several times and is banned from owning a car dealership in that state. But the bush family owns one for the guy and it is all hush-hush. So that right there tells you something.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Clapton9286

lol...George can still hook you up, don't fool yourself. As could Sherman whos now at Ardmoore Infiniti. The sales division seems to be incredibly well run, just that service department.

How many cars have you gotten from EN, lax?
Old 03-25-2006, 09:53 PM
lax91181

bought my z there. Any sales department can give you a deal just just don't give in. As sales places are the same, it is the service deparment that is hard to find a good one of and EN's isn't one of them. I know george, anthony, jimmy, chuck (who is now at hyundi) and all the service advisors as well and almost all of the sales staff. You can get the same deal anywhere else, exton nissan does nothing special. My advice if anyone goes there to buy a car is to try and get anthony as the manager you work with, he gives in on price much easier than the rest. Stay away from a salesman named Joe Purello, he is a real SOB. Rick and Ron are the best IMO of all the salesman and I recommend them to people all the time, i just never recommend using the service deparment unless you like getting used parts put in your car while being charged for new.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:37 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

Originally Posted by lax91181
george is the GM not an owner. The Bush family owns the place. They pride themselves on saying they have good service, not actually having it. There is a reason they haven't won any awards from nissan for their service. All they do is sell more nissans than anyone else in the area and they are starting to slip on that too. Jvan, who is your hook-up? Maybe I know him. Rich Anderson is a good guy and Tim in Parts is nice as well. George is a sneaky guy that is easy to like but he learned the business in South Jeresy from a guy that have been to jail several times and is banned from owning a car dealership in that state. But the bush family owns one for the guy and it is all hush-hush. So that right there tells you something.

Their parts department is awesome. Rick and Tim are the best. They spent so much time with me getting parts for my 300zx. They even set us up with a discount for the East Coast Z Association. My only dissatisfaction was the level I got from the service department. Mr Busch was very gracious when we hosted the ECZA car show at Exton Nissan. We had over 50 Z's show.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:59 AM
ccns23

Meh, when exton nissan wanted to charge me a $1000 "service pack" when I ordered my Z, I knew they were up to no good. Service department is a joke, and sales isn't much better. George is a very sneaky SOB. Someone hit the nail right on the head, he is very easy to like, but he'll sell you kid to the couple next to you if you give him half the chance. And he'll f you like a recently released prisoner in a heartbeat.

Heck, I just got my G serviced at West Chester Infiniti (same owner). They wanted to charge me a refueling fee for a loaner car that is "supposed" to be provided by Infiniti when the car is serviced. What kind of **** is that? And $42 for an oil change? I mean seriously, I know it's a G and all, but that seemed a little steep.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:53 AM
seanlaw

Originally Posted by lax91181
Rick and Ron are the best IMO.
Rick is the man...everytime I show up in my Z he's asking me (by name after a few years) what I've done to it, talks about how he loves my exhaust combo, etc...
Old 03-26-2006, 09:26 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah I have to say that I didn't get a great vibe from the sales guys there so I ended up buying my Z from Conicelli down in Conshohocken. Hopefully I have better luck with the service department since the dealership is so close.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Clapton9286

lol..i've saved so much money with them that I can't fault their sales people one bit. Our garage is filled with Devon/Exton Nissan vehicles; the fact George gave us 2 grand for a 125K 240SX that eats oil, which was BOUGHT there for 890 is a good thing. I think its just who you're comfortable with, and it can't hurt to be dealing with the same people.

Btw, bought my Z from David Ginsberg. Good guy. Would have bought it from Sherman, had he not left for Infiniti.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:56 AM
lax91181

Lol, Ginsberg, he would cut out your heart to save himself a dollar. He totally screws over other salesmen all the time. He is fine to customers but 90% of the salesmen hate his guts, he is a real money grubber. Like i said before all of their salesmen are good people except for Joe P. I think Vega is gone now but he always cracked me up. I am willing to bet that they have taken your family for a ride a few times but you don't even know it, as long as you are happy it doesn't matter. Just watch out for the service deparment, i would make sure to check your oil filter after your oil change esp. if you let a female take the car in for service, your filter will be the same one you came in with, it is almost SOP.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Vamos_Rafael

how u check ur oil filter at the dealership?
u need either mirrors or u need a jack
u'd look really dumb to jack ur car up in the dealers lot just to check ur oil filter lol
Old 03-26-2006, 03:18 PM
lax91181

Originally Posted by Bee Ess Pee
how u check ur oil filter at the dealership?
u need either mirrors or u need a jack
u'd look really dumb to jack ur car up in the dealers lot just to check ur oil filter lol
You check it when ya get home genius. And who cares if you look dumb checking it at the dealership? You seem to care way too much about the ways things look and too little about what is really important. Typical Main Line. I am so glad I grew up here and still manage to have my values inline.

Quick Reply: Exton Nissan