Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Lets put together a NorthEast Monster Cruise!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:04 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ht4
Tax dollars? What the heck are you talking about?
H, thanks for reminding me about that. Just got off the phone with their admissions people, because Chase was interested. If you end up going, and I don't remember, try to have some words with Chase about your experiences there.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry but what day is this going to be? any link on more info.. i would like to attend if possible.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:26 AM
ht4

Originally Posted by MUZZY
sorry but what day is this going to be? any link on more info.. i would like to attend if possible.
Sat & Sunday. Where in DE are you located?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by MUZZY
Muzzy, dude, my brutha, not for nothin, but if you read just a tiny bit of the thread, it will provide you with all you could ever want to know.

having said that, and I have my lazy moments too, its this weekend Damnit!!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 AM
ht4

Originally Posted by Theatrix
H, thanks for reminding me about that. Just got off the phone with their admissions people, because Chase was interested. If you end up going, and I don't remember, try to have some words with Chase about your experiences there.
Sure thing... Can't go wrong with the Citadel as long as you *want* to be there. Lot's of people quit (IMO) because they do not want it bad enough.

The physical standards are not that bad -- as long as you are not overwieght, 2-3 months of training can get you where you need to be.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arrr i cant make this weekend ><
Old 11-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by ht4
Sure thing... Can't go wrong with the Citadel as long as you *want* to be there. Lot's of people quit (IMO) because they do not want it bad enough.

The physical standards are not that bad -- as long as you are not overwieght, 2-3 months of training can get you where you need to be.
It's Chase's thing. He likes the whole uniform, decipline thing. Remember, he's no stranger to Military school, he went to Valley Forge Mil. Academy. He also likes the way woman love a man in uniform. You know what mean, H?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Steady.....Steady........Weather is in and out by Friday night! Sunny for sat and Sunday
Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
stepson

Looking forward to it. What kind of walkie talkie do i need?
Old 12-01-2006, 04:38 AM
gchoi78

North Jersey meeting where and at what time? (7:00am Rest stop after exit 9)
1. wardriver ( + friend ) <--- Silverstone
2. gchoi78 <--- Siverstone (possibly 1 more JDMfairlady21)

South Jersey meeting in West Berlin @ 8:00 am
1. Theatrix (Rick) <--- Magnetic Black
2. 350z300zxtt (Parth) <--- Lemans Sunset
3. StreetChase (Chase) <--- Diamond Graphite
4. Motormouth (currently MIA) we understand Tom!
5. Stepson (Ernie) (Hangover/one hell-of-A-cruise)They don't make college graduates the way they used to!

De meeting Dover at 9am
1. Farobaba (fareed) <--- Lemans Sunset
2. H4 (US Tax dollars at work!)

We all leaving where and at what time?

Arriving at Mach V at 12 Noon

Mid-A group and we all leave at 1:00
1.dutchboy350Z(Karl) <--- Daytona Blue
2.pumpedva (Toby) <--- Daytona Blue

Mapquest info to our destination:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...s71X2+w8LkUA==

Weather:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...ink_undeclared

-Hotel we are some of are staying at:
http://www.amerisuites.com/reservati...asp?facid=4053
-other possibles(pretty much in a 5 to 10 minutes drive from Amerisuites):
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Packages-..._Carolina.html

Please do not forget your walkie talkies
Old 12-01-2006, 04:39 AM
gchoi78

Originally Posted by stepson
Looking forward to it. What kind of walkie talkie do i need?
what ever you would like. I 2 extra right now. i can lend you one. if someone else needs one please let me know so that i can allocate it to you.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just looked at the Weekend forecast. Saturday it's suppose to be nothing but Sun and 45 degrees in Sterling. Once we get into NC it should actually be "drop top" weather (it will be around 60 F). Sunday is calling for showers in the Harker's Island region. But that doesn't start until later in the day.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I just looked at the Weekend forecast. Saturday it's suppose to be nothing but Sun and 45 degrees in Sterling. Once we get into NC it should actually be "drop top" weather (it will be around 60 F). Sunday is calling for showers in the Harker's Island region. But that doesn't start until later in the day.
Good to hear, Karl. I've been watching it. Waiting to pull the trigger at this end and get on the road!......................Its the simple things, Man!

Last edited by Theatrix; 12-01-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:36 AM
ht4

OK, I guess I am in... I made my hotel reservation. I will meet you all at Mach V at noon (Dover's too far out of the way).
Old 12-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by ht4
OK, I guess I am in... I made my hotel reservation. I will meet you all at Mach V at noon (Dover's too far out of the way).
That's what I'm talking about! Committment to the sport!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:11 AM
Theatrix
Professional

for any lost souls Rick 856-607-6755 outta here
Old 12-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Wow! What a great trip, guys! Weather was perfect the entire way down. The last leg in NC was warm enough to take the tops down.
Arrived at 8:00PM. Checked into the Hotel and then headed to Hooters for dinner. Had a ex Marine serve us with a most excellent set of knockers .
The group is in fact the best you could ask for. We have such a diverse group which allows for very interesting conversation. I'd enjoy having these guys/Gal cruise with me anytime. We kept the trip interesting as well with some spirited driving here and there.
My head hit the pillow at 11:00 last night (because I'm the old man of the group), the rest, could still be partying in their designated party room as we speak.
But at 11:00 we are out of here, catching a ferry at Ceasar island for a two hour ride to the outer banks of NC and onto Rt12. Looking foreward to that.
For the moment, thats it, I'm headed to Auto Zone to pick up some Micro fiber (forgot mine!) to clean my ride so I look pretty!
Pics to come.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:45 AM
stepson

Originally Posted by Theatrix
Wow! What a great trip, guys! Weather was perfect the entire way down. The last leg in NC was warm enough to take the tops down.
Arrived at 8:00PM. Checked into the Hotel and then headed to Hooters for dinner. Had a ex Marine serve us with a most excellent set of knockers .
The group is in fact the best you could ask for. We have such a diverse group which allows for very interesting conversation. I'd enjoy having these guys/Gal cruise with me anytime. We kept the trip interesting as well with some spirited driving here and there.
My head hit the pillow at 11:00 last night (because I'm the old man of the group), the rest, could still be partying in their designated party room as we speak.
But at 11:00 we are out of here, catching a ferry at Ceasar island for a two hour ride to the outer banks of NC and onto Rt12. Looking foreward to that.
For the moment, thats it, I'm headed to Auto Zone to pick up some Micro fiber (forgot mine!) to clean my ride so I look pretty!
Pics to come.
Awesome! Sorry I missed this, I had a rough night the night before, no way I was going to make it in time ... eh, excuses excuses, i know. Next time!
Old 12-03-2006, 06:00 PM
imjdoggie

Yea I'm kind of bummed myself. My car is back in the shop with tranny problems AGAIN. I was hoping to have it back but......... Glad to hear you all had a safe and fun trip.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Well, here's the deal. We left Harkers Island at 11:00am and headed to Cedar island for the ferry. Arrived at 12:00 so we had a few minutes for pics. This is our line for the ferry.

Another while in line

And another while on the ferry

After a two hour ferry ride, we arrived in Ocracoke, which is an Island off the coast of North Carolina. Stopped for lunch once we got off the ferry at Howards Pup. At this point, we were beginning to run behind schedule. It also started to drizzle. That was not cool! The drive on the other hand was fantastic. Long winding roads and nice straight aways.

We had to catch another ferry off the other end of the Island. By this time it was getting dark and late. We continued to Chesapeake, Va and used Nav to find a Starbucks.
Still have 5 hours to drive and its now 9:00 PM. My sons and I decide to grab a hotel for another night and the rest of the crew have continued to motor home. So our rout e is going to change tomorrow since we can now take advantage of another day. Will update tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Lets put together a NorthEast Monster Cruise!