Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Where is a good tuner in CT???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:09 AM
ctgoldwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where is a good tuner in CT???

I am looking for a shop to do some mods - flywheel, headers & exhaust. Where should I go? Has anyone around here done these types of mods? I am not interested in 'sound', only performance and still want the car streetable.
Any good suggestions?
tia

Jerry
Old 04-15-2003, 01:07 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact XXTuning in Wethersfield. Their website is xxtuning.com. They used to post here regularly but I haven't seen any posts from them recently. Their big with the Supra's and Subaru's but are very familiar with the Z.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:13 PM
ctgoldwing

Default Thanks Victor

I called them a couple of weeks ago. They told me they really didn't have anything, now. Suggested I wait a few months. They certainly would be the closest ones (I'm in Cheshire).
Jerry
Old 04-15-2003, 03:38 PM
vics350

I live in Middletown but if I was looking to have a major mod. done I would contact Avalon Racing in NH. They are less than 2 hours away and I believe they are the most knowledgable Z tuner in the Northeast. I'd be willing to drive that distance for a job well done. I know that Custom Auto Alarm & Stereo is in NH and I would only trust them for audio or alarm install. For me taking a drive is worth it if I'm going to get good quality work.

By the way, if you can make the meet on the 27th, Paul from Avalon Racing will be there with some of the cars he's modified and Custom Car will have some cars with stereo installs they've done. Should be fun. Let me know if you can make it as I would like to organize a CT caravan.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:45 PM
ctgoldwing

Default Thanka again Vic!

I called them today. This was the second time I've tried but all I got was an answering machine, again. Not a confidence builder! I would be willing to go there (Londonderry?) - as you said it's only a couple of hours BUT for 2 hrs traveling time I could go to NY or NJ. There must be tuners around that have done the mods I have in mind!
I am not interested in noise, only results and I don't want to be 1st. lol
I would really like to see some dyno comparisons by a 3rd party looking at different exhausts, air intakes etc. I am just toooo skeptical to take a mfgr's word ofr it (OR their dyno results).
Thanks again for your suggestion tho.
Unfortunately I can't make it on the 27th but hope to get together with other owners sometime this summer.

Jerry
Old 04-15-2003, 04:57 PM
vics350

I will be there and will be videotaping and taking pictures of everything. I installed an Injen CAI in my car. This is a DIY project. There will be cars there with the Stillen exhaust as well as the GHL exhaust which I can't wait to see and hear. I will get the owner's reactions of these systems and will let you know. Paul has done some tweaking in on his 350Z and I heard it's pretty sweet. I will try to get as much info. as I can and pass it along. I will ask if any of these people have dyno'd their car but I don't think many have as of yet.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:10 PM
rouxeny

Hey ctgoldwing, have we ever passed each other? I live in Hamden and I go up and down Whitney fairly often. I've seen a black Z around a lot lately.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:11 PM
ctgoldwing

Smile probably not Andrew

I work in Waterbury & live in the south end of Cheshire - go to Sergios on rt 10 once in a while tho - lol

mine is red but on most 'nice days' I ride my motorcycle (any day its not raining & above 35 degrees!)

jerry
Old 04-16-2003, 02:01 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Getting ahold of us.

We are very busy here and the best way to contact us is by e-mail. The phone never stops ringing. This is especially true during the race and show season.

Regards
Old 04-16-2003, 05:09 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Her eis what is done on my personal car at this time

Here is what is done on my personal car at this time.

HRE wheels - 445R 18x8.5 F 18x10 rear
Toyo Proxies T1-S
A/P 6 Piston brake kit
Stillen rear rotors
Stillen Exhaust
JIC Coilovers FLT-A2
JIC Camber Plates
JIC Traction Rods
JIC Polished Front STB
Injen CAI Intake - customized for Avalon by Injen
Polished Intake manifold
SPARCO - Carbon shift ****