Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
View Poll Results: Are you Z Club member?
Yes, already a member.
68.00%
No, but I am planning to join one.
20.00%
I want only 350Z club
12.00%
I would never join any club.
0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think about Z car clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Giedrius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about Z car clubs?

I was wondering how many of you have joined local Z car clubs.

Why? or Why not?
Old 05-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Welsh 350Z N

We're all already in a Z Car Club - this site is a 'virtual' Z Car Club. I'm going to join the ZCCR in Rochester NY. Why ? Because you get to spend time with other enthusiasts that share your passion, you get access to expertise that you may not have, you get to do things like autocross and get track time with other Z's, cruise etc. I'm sure there are other advantages that I'll learn about once I've spent some time with the members.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default JOIN

As the publisher of a magazine devoted to Zs, I work with a lot of the Z Car Clubs in the US and Canada. Some clubs have hundreds of members, some have but a handful. I would say that nearly half the members are active [some very active] and the other half particpate occasionally. Sport Z Magazine devotes 2 to 3 pages [Club Zone] each issue to the clubs and will expand the coverage when we go to 64 pages.

In general, the club people are terrific and they really love their Zs; ocassionally politics get in the way of a good time but that's to be expected. The Colorado Z Car Club is very active and all of their events are successful and a lot of fun.

If you enjoy being with a group of Z lovers, join up -- you'll be glad you did.

BTW, early on, I sensed the clubs felt us new Z owners somehow unworthy; I don't see that much any more.

Great people, lots of fun. Plus, there's a yearly convention which is usually attented by hundreds of the faithful.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:13 AM
noahbuddy

I'm a member of the Northern Virginia Z Club.
I like meeting for dinner once a month with the guys/gals.
I like checking out other peoples cars and seeing what mods they've installed and you get a first hand impression instead of someone else's posts.

Also, they do alot of stuff. Like wine tasting tours, kart racing, group rates at the New York Auto show, discounts at local/internet retailers, shop night at the local Nissan dealer.

Plus there is a wealth of knowlege and expertise on everything from maintaining to customizing to historical facts.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Giedrius

Well, what prompted me to make this poll was that I have seen so many threads of people trying to organize Z car get-togethers, cruises, etc. And I started to think, that if they have joined a local Z car club, that could be accomplished much easier. You get access to a number of people that already have been organizing and participating in Z car activities, they know ins-and-outs of how to manage things. Besides, the clubs usually have one member meeting a month plus quite few other activities that could be fun and could fill the need of showing your Z and see other people's cars.
I don't think it really matters that clubs have other Z cars besides the 350Z (What do you expect? 350Z is out less than a year!) and there are very few members that have 350Z. But that number is growing, and by joining a club people can bring some new ideas, suggest new activities, etc. Why to reinvent the wheel? Just use the resources that are already available.

Publisher, SPORT Z Magazine is great! I always wait for a new issue.

Noahbuddy, I just joined NoVa Z club, but I haven't had the chance to come to the meeting yet. Springfiled is a bit of a drive on Wednesday nights Probably see you during some other activities.

I am a member of Maryland and Northern Virginia Z clubs.

G
Old 05-10-2003, 12:21 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Giedrius

Publisher, SPORT Z Magazine is great! I always wait for a new issue.
G

G, thank you very much for that. Can you let the rest of the my350z.com gang [all 17,000+] know just how good Sport Z is?

The summer issue of Sport Z Magazine is heading to the printing phase next week and will be in the mail by the end of May. This issue is simply kick-*** and our best ever [I know, I say it every issue].

The cover design is by far our best effort and our associate publisher/graphic designer Art Singer is to be applauded. BTW, a 350Z takes center stage.

Paul Gasparola of Avalon Racing has a feature titled "350Zs Modded To The Max"--What does it take to modify three 350Zs in 13 hours. If this doesn't get yah...well, you know the rest!

You'll see the work of our newest writer [user name dkmura] splattered though out the summer issue. dkmura will be behind the wheel when Sport Z Magazine takes the exclusive test drive of the new Stillen 350Z.

Hope everyone enjoys the Summer 2003 issue, it's a keeper.

Bob
Old 05-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default There are a lot of other reasons

There are a lot of other reasons to join a ZCCA recognized Z Car Club.

The events for the money, All ZCCA sanctioned events are covered by insurance, discounts, the National Convention, Nissan and NISMO's support.

Etc etc etc.

In the North east the club is the ZCCNE

www.zccne.addr.com

Then there are also clubs in Jersey, upstate NY, PA, MD etc etc.

Thanks Sport Z - for a great magazine. I am personally pround to have graced your magazine twice now.

Regards
Old 05-10-2003, 02:19 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Re: There are a lot of other reasons

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
There are a lot of other reasons to join a ZCCA recognized Z Car Club.

Thanks Sport Z - for a great magazine. I am personally pround to have graced your magazine twice now.

Regards
Paul, back at cha on the thanks. I think you'll jump out of your chair when you see what we did with your "stuff."

BTW, will there be a third?

Bob
Old 05-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default You better believe it!

We still have to write the article on the ARZ cars on a roiad course and at the convention I will have 4 cars:

This will make you think!

Regards
Old 05-11-2003, 05:04 AM
whitetrack

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Publisher, I haven't seen your mag yet (but will look for it) so I don't know if you allow groups or clubs to post events. Do you have an events calendar?

A group of 350Z owners in Ct are planning some events and it would be cool if we can get some of them posted in a mag since not all Z owners know about this site yet (hard to believe).

We are planning a road tour to Lime Rock Ct for Ferrari day in July
and may do some Connecticut wine tours. We are not a club yet, just a bunch of people that want to share information. Oh, we do except G35 owners too!
Old 05-11-2003, 06:34 AM
kitkos

Thumbs up

I live in the Northwest corner of Arkansas. Very close to Kansas City and Tulsa so I am a member of
THREE CLUBS!
Arkansas Z Car Club
Heart of America Z Car Club
Oklahoma Z Car Club

Just don't want to miss out on any of the fun!

oh, and of course I have a subscription to Sport Z!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:06 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by whitetrack
Publisher, I haven't seen your mag yet (but will look for it) so I don't know if you allow groups or clubs to post events. Do you have an events calendar?

A group of 350Z owners in Ct are planning some events and it would be cool if we can get some of them posted in a mag since not all Z owners know about this site yet (hard to believe).

We are planning a road tour to Lime Rock Ct for Ferrari day in July
and may do some Connecticut wine tours. We are not a club yet, just a bunch of people that want to share information. Oh, we do except G35 owners too!
Greetings whitetrack,

Sport Z Magazine is a quarterly magazine and is available to our readers by subscription only. If we were able to find a small HONEST independent distributor, we would consider it. Other magazines I've been associated with suffered big-time losses through a network that many call the disti-mob.

We do not have offer an events calendar as your are describing it but we have at least 2 pages devoted to the club scene each issue. We also post club events of significant importance on our Home Page. With 56 papes, space is very tight.

When a club has an event, there are many ways that they get the word out, my350z.com is one of them. If you go to our Links Page, you'll see a goodly number of ways to get your event posted. Joining the IZCC gives you access to over 15,000 Z lovers.

Try us out, the Enthusiast Back Issue Package offers back issues 4 - 10 for $29.95 or a single issue for $6.80 [both prices include shipping and handling]. BTW, back issues 1, 2, and 3 are sold out.

We offer one year and two year subscriptions delivered by either 1st. class mailing or via USPS Periodical Service. If you don't like Sport Z, we return the unused dollars without hesitation.

Bob
Old 05-11-2003, 12:27 PM
2003z

Georgia Z club here, and another important reason to join a club is for discounts. 25% off from courtesy, for one thing.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:16 PM
zcar70

Default New York Z Clubs!

I'm proud to serve as vice-president of ZCCR, the Z CAR CLUB OF ROCHESTER NY. We currently have about 65 members with around 90 Z-Cars of all vintages. Check us out at www.zccr.net

We share events with ZACNY (Syracuse) and ZANY (Albany) who with ZCCR make up the Z ASSOCIATION OF NEW YORK.

Club activites include monthly meetings, monthly cruises, autocross, several car shows, track events, tech sessions and family activites throughout the year.

Being in a Z club allows you to enjoy the Z with others who have the same interests. It also gives you access to information, parts, accessories and services that you might not otherwise have. You also meet some really nice people!

Look up your local Z club and join them! The Z is not just a car, it's a way of life!

Z on!