Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

So i got a pink ticket today driving thru my neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
themadhatterxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i got a pink ticket today driving thru my neighborhood

Pulled up to a stop sign with this "more power to the white people" cop tailing me. Made a full stop, no problem...about to cross the intersection and i notice 3 cars stopped ahead down the road with room for one more car to get in at the other side... just so you can imagine, I can't possibly be going that fast or revving that hard or else im gonna slam into the cars on the other side of the stop sign, I cross at ..i dunno maybe 10 mph...but as soon as the pig crosses the intersection behind me,the flashing lights go on and everything telling me to pull over. Comes up to my car the first thing he says very rudely is "Who's car is this?"...so I'm like mine, ..."License and reg please"...no problem with that, then he asks me did you do anything to your muffler?, I'm like "...no i bought the car used with whatever was on it from the dealership...." ...anyway he goes back i guess runs some **** on my license and reg thru the db, comes back 10 min later with a pink ticket and he says "Theres a crackdown by the DOT on loud exhausts sir, good luck" and im trying to make up excuses "...what?!?! theres nothing wrong with my exhaust look at my inspection i passed emissions..." he's like yeah that has nothing to do with it, its too loud.
...Honestly my car moving at 1500-2000 rpms is NOT louder than stock g35s, muranos, those infinity suvs, or even 350zs with nismo exhausts and i know i wasnt pulling more than that cuz im at a stop sign about to cross into an intersection with the other side backed up. I mean i could understand if i was going WOT then yeah its loud and angry as hell and downright intimidating.
So my court date is April 22nd..my birthday..what a coincidence, i swear i wanted to stab that pig when i saw that ****. Anyway, how do i go about stating my case at criminal court?!?!?, i mean the ticket says "The people of the state of NY vs xxxx (my name) " and its at criminal court like wtf did i murder someone?! jesus....so how does this pig prove my exhaust is loud? i mean its my word against his and the judge isnt going to take my word obviously cuz we all know this is corrupt. I mean this idiot didnt have anything like a decibel meter or electronic device to capture the noise and to be able to state that my exhaust was over some legal noise limit and its not like theres any signs posted on the road that says "No loud exhausts" And theres buses and trucks that go down that road also...and i dont think theres any laws specifically against it in NYC either....so what do i do? THERES NO FCUKIGN WAY IN HELL THAT IM CHANGING OUT MY TEST PIPES OR EXHAUSTS. I mean i drive thru NYC and hell like the cops who are standing around with me going down 51st street never have a problem with my car hell some of them even complimented me on it.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 PM
saberphx

These laws are getting very annoying.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:10 PM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

i dunno there, but in my state cops try that ******** all the time, they get really **** that i know the law and it has to be over so many decibels. I ask them how many decibels it was, they give me the blank stare, then i inform them that the law that they are attempting to enforce, with he/she clearly doesnt know, says it has to be over 100 dbs at 50 feet (in GA the last time i checked), and if they have a sound meter, i'd be happy to let them measure it. I also love it when a nice super loud harley rides by and i say "if you dont pull that guy over down for his exhaust, i will call your captain for discrimanation". As far as i know there is no "loud muffler" law anywhere

Pigs pray on the fact people are lazy and wont fight their ********, look it up and see what the law is.

Test pipes are illegal in every state i know of however, as removing the cat is a EPA violation.

Last edited by DaytonaRoadster; 03-03-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
deezz

Diickhead cops like that one give the decent ones a bad name. Make no mistake, there are quotas involved in writing tickets for certain things.
So like DaytonaRacer said, find out what the law says and fight it. Half the time the cops don't even show up for the court dates cause they know it's a complete waste of time.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:15 PM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by DaytonaRoadster
i dunno there, but in my state cops try that ******** all the time, they get really **** that i know the law and it has to be over so many decibels. I ask them how many decibels it was, they give me the blank stare, then i inform them that the law that they are attempting to enforce, with he/she clearly doesnt know, says it has to be over 100 dbs at 50 feet (in GA the last time i checked), and if they have a sound meter, i'd be happy to let them measure it. I also love it when a nice super loud harley rides by and i say "if you dont pull that guy over down for his exhaust, i will call your captain for discrimanation". As far as i know there is no "loud muffler" law anywhere

Pigs pray on the fact people are lazy and wont fight their ********, look it up and see what the law is.

Test pipes are illegal in every state i know of however, as removing the cat is a EPA violation.
Ya i know the testpipes arent legal but he didnt mention anything about it and neither did i, I just played dumb and said got it used from the dealership, honestly I know for a fact that i got the ticket only cause im not white and i have a very menacing hard look. Just so you know I live in a predominantly older rich Jewish neighborhood, and im 1/2 indian 1/2 filipino and depending on how i comb my hair that day can pass for a guido from sicily

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...9682&albumId=0 I wasnt driving recklessly or blasting music at all, just on my way home from work
Old 03-03-2008, 08:25 PM
themadhatterxxx

LoL i was so pissed i wanted to go full WOT away after he waited for me to leave and be like thats what u call loud u fookin pig. But its funny everytime i drive by the precinct, its not like the cops that are standing around outside it pull me over at the traffic lights there. And i dont mean to get into the race card but honestly, when your last name says indian all over it and your skin color says WTC bomber...well if the shoe fits wear it right? ....coincidentally the only 2 other times that i got pulled over for non speeding violations i had 2 blonde haired blue eyed chicks in my car which pretty much were the only reasons i didnt get a ticket so yeah i know for sure race and gender definitely have something to do with it.

And oh on a side note, wanna know i passed inspection with my shtick?!?! well my dad being indian and all..we got the gas station corruption kwik E mart brotha to brotha hook up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot! =/

Last edited by themadhatterxxx; 03-03-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
jdavis169

I always get asked the same two questions:
1) Are there any weapons in this car?
2) When is the last time you were arrested?

Find out what decibels constitutes too loud in your area, because it's different everywhere. Get info regarding decibel levels for your particular exhaust and bring to court. I got pulled over for a loud exhaust and, of course, was given a ticket. I was in second slowing down and my exhaust was stock. I explained this in court and case dismissed. G/L
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

dude, not to be racist at all, but are you black?

edit, nvm, your indian, yeah figures they give you ****, the only time i ever get asked those questions is when by firend Davis (hes black) is in the car with me.

Go i hate ****ing pigs
Old 03-03-2008, 08:42 PM
themadhatterxxx

Oh! surprisingly the only question i ever get is Who's car is this or Where did you get this car from ....like im some fcukin hindu carjacker... i got the same **** when i was driving my bosses lexus LS430 for 2 years, cops in nyc and brooklyn wouldn't say **** to me but soon as i moved here from bay ridge brooklyn always something...if im going out to i literally have to kill time in a bar till 3 or 4 in the morning here if i drive locally to wait till the patrols die down friday-sat nights or else i know im gonna be harrassed if i drive 10 PM - 2 AM with the precinct only 1/2 a mile away cuz theyre always waiting for ppl to leave the bars around here and hop into their cars just so they can pull u over

Last edited by themadhatterxxx; 03-03-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by DaytonaRoadster
dude, not to be racist at all, but are you black?

edit, nvm, your indian, yeah figures they give you ****, the only time i ever get asked those questions is when by firend Davis (hes black) is in the car with me.

Go i hate ****ing pigs
no but you can look up and see
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks. I hate BS tickets. I used to get them for my stereo all the time, in TX. I don't have any problems with that here in AZ and my stereo is much louder and I usually drive with the top down and the music up.

Good luck with the ticket. Just do what others have mentioned, and you should be fine. I hope the cop actually shows for the court date and has to watch you leave with no ticket, no fine, and one hell of a Z!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:58 PM
themadhatterxxx

Oh dude, i have it planned either way if i walk out without a fine im gonna walk by him and say see ya later pig without directly looking in his direction or if i get a fine or something without any way to appeal im gonna be unruly and loud on my way out and be like this is a scam even on my birthday!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
themadhatterxxx

oh yea a couple of weeks ago I pulled over outside my house okay, smoking a cigarette and talking on my cellphone before i pull into my driveway i get a call from work and this cop i don't know if its the same one driving the same impala though, but pulls up next to me on the passenger side like literally 1 damn inch from scraping against my mirror!!! i had my mouth wide open, and like im on the phone with an accountant from work so i didnt get off the phone but i'm looking at the mirror for a good 5 seconds and then i sit there staring right into his face for 10 secs while talking on the phone without saying anything to him before he just pulls away and leaves...wtf.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
themadhatterxxx

Well after reading around on some other forums i guess people have been getting this summons around here recently and have been getting away with it by having an exhaust shop write a receipt for them stating that they repaired or replaced the exhaust. =/
Old 03-04-2008, 05:01 AM
SniperHunter

Yeah, dude. Have a receipt written out that you had the exhaust fixed. You can also d*ck around with the cop to **** him off by asking him to cite what the law is on noises. Ask him what's the maximum noise level a car can emit. If he has an answer, then ask him why he didn't use a DB meter to measure your level. The officer has no proof that your exhaust was that loud.

I'll try to look for the info on how loud a car can be.

In any case, then just tell the judge that you bought the car used with the exhaust, and that it was going to be removed anyways. Show them the receipt. And go home.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:14 AM
cp2
Banned

Depending on the demographics of your neighborhood and the person driving the car......350z (especially with obvious mods) = cop harassment
Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 AM
gismo

can't you just get a lawyer to help you out on this?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What an @$$hole
Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 AM
IMAFUKINRIDER

maybe you can have a mechanic at a local certified motor vehicle repair shop write something up on your exhaust .. or bring in the specs of a stock exhaust ..
im just thinking out lould i guess .. good luck with it ..

p.s. thats probably the only reason i hesitate .
whene thinking about buying an exhaust .. cops think your a racer ..

is what it is ..
Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 AM
mifastZ

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
And oh on a side note, wanna know i passed inspection with my shtick?!?! well my dad being indian and all..we got the gas station corruption kwik E mart brotha to brotha hook up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot! =/
I don't know why your complaining. Your **** is illegal anyway. You would have never passed the emissions with your test pipes. And your throwing the race card out there being the reason you got pulled over, but you used your race to beat the inspection so you can keep your illegal stuff on your car. Personally, from what it sounds like, your crying about nothing. Your in the wrong. Your just mad b/c you got caught.

And dude, I'm white as hell and I've been pulled over for no reason before and was asked if I had stolen my own car. And my car is stock. I know NYC is totally different, but I think your blowing this out of proportion.

Quick Reply: So i got a pink ticket today driving thru my neighborhood