Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

So i got a pink ticket today driving thru my neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Pulled up to a stop sign with this "more power to the white people" cop tailing me. Made a full stop, no problem...about to cross the intersection and i notice 3 cars stopped ahead down the road with room for one more car to get in at the other side... just so you can imagine, I can't possibly be going that fast or revving that hard or else im gonna slam into the cars on the other side of the stop sign, I cross at ..i dunno maybe 10 mph...but as soon as the pig crosses the intersection behind me,the flashing lights go on and everything telling me to pull over. Comes up to my car the first thing he says very rudely is "Who's car is this?"...so I'm like mine, ..."License and reg please"...no problem with that, then he asks me did you do anything to your muffler?, I'm like "...no i bought the car used with whatever was on it from the dealership...." ...anyway he goes back i guess runs some **** on my license and reg thru the db, comes back 10 min later with a pink ticket and he says "Theres a crackdown by the DOT on loud exhausts sir, good luck" and im trying to make up excuses "...what?!?! theres nothing wrong with my exhaust look at my inspection i passed emissions..." he's like yeah that has nothing to do with it, its too loud.
...Honestly my car moving at 1500-2000 rpms is NOT louder than stock g35s, muranos, those infinity suvs, or even 350zs with nismo exhausts and i know i wasnt pulling more than that cuz im at a stop sign about to cross into an intersection with the other side backed up. I mean i could understand if i was going WOT then yeah its loud and angry as hell and downright intimidating.
So my court date is April 22nd..my birthday..what a coincidence, i swear i wanted to stab that pig when i saw that ****. Anyway, how do i go about stating my case at criminal court?!?!?, i mean the ticket says "The people of the state of NY vs xxxx (my name) " and its at criminal court like wtf did i murder someone?! jesus....so how does this pig prove my exhaust is loud? i mean its my word against his and the judge isnt going to take my word obviously cuz we all know this is corrupt. I mean this idiot didnt have anything like a decibel meter or electronic device to capture the noise and to be able to state that my exhaust was over some legal noise limit and its not like theres any signs posted on the road that says "No loud exhausts" And theres buses and trucks that go down that road also...and i dont think theres any laws specifically against it in NYC either....so what do i do? THERES NO FCUKIGN WAY IN HELL THAT IM CHANGING OUT MY TEST PIPES OR EXHAUSTS. I mean i drive thru NYC and hell like the cops who are standing around with me going down 51st street never have a problem with my car hell some of them even complimented me on it.
Hey bro..."Pops" checking in. I'm in the same boat. I had a cop come from the opposite direction and sneak up behind me. As soon as I move off..WAM!!! I get pulled. Went to (kangaroo) court and was told the fine is $245 + $95 surcharge!!!! . I have a trial date at the end of this month. I also asked the cop what the sound meter read and was told "It's loud!!". They took no reading!! The judge said something about a car's alarm going off but that is B.S.!! Hit my cell and let's see what we can come up with. NO WAY am I paying that kind of ca$h.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:21 AM
mifastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This must be a New York Law
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
NoahzBurnt

sadly we can NOT win these tickets. I got one on my way home from an inspection....the cop even told me to show that to the court and they would throw away the ticket. If you plead not guilty they give you a court date and u must return. Honestly in NYC it's $105 and that's it....gonna cost that much in gas and parking when u go there 2 times. Not to mention missing work or school. It's dumb that the same violation is given to people who drink or pee in public as a kid with an exhaust. Anyway I had the best defense planned....being they did not use a dB meter i printed out a sheet of loud sounds like a vaccuum cleaner and a bowling ball hitting pins. I was gonna ask the cop to put them in order of which he thinks is the loudest and when he gets them wrong I was gonna prove that his perception of sound is skewed and they should be happy I am not suing them for discrimination and harassment.

Sadly i just paid the $10 ticket and $95 in court fees....with the V8 i am sure i will be at court enought to get to use my defense strategy
Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interestingly enough, I was in my Ghetto Hoopty (1990 Honda 2 dr Accord) coming home with my new bumper in the car. And yes, I was rocking the 3" E-Bay exhaust. I was driving thru Massachusetts and a cop pulled up behind me and stopoped me on the side of a highway. I said is there a problem officer? He stated, your not from around here...Duh didn't you see my NYC plates. He caught a glimpse of my NYC Paramedic Shield and stated, oh, your on the job, well in this state you get a ticket for loud exhausts...just so long as you don't spend too much time in this state we''re good...and let me off. Now that same BS is here in NY. Oh Damn!
I thought it was only in Massachusetts. The greddy TT exhaust paired with Test pipes is pretty damn Loud. It wasn't this loud with the Turbo's on. I guess because they muffled down a lot of the noise. I hope I don't get pulled over for that BS.
Good Luck.
I used Jeffrey Levine in NYC with the BS...212-269-3988.
Good Luck.
I would rather pay a lawyer a few bucks then bother giving in to the system.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:45 AM
PM-Performance

Ive been pulled over for this before. I said I have all the documents that it meets the State required DB levels and asked if he had a unit to see what the DB rating was to test before I got the ticket.
Needless to say I did not get a ticket.

Know the law or act like you do. It deff helps for *******s like that
Old 03-05-2008, 09:10 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Hope you get this figured out. Personally I would go the more modest route and don't disrespect the cop (even though most of us would agree that this particular one doesn't deserve any). Karma is a *****, the next time you get pulled over it will be by him and he'll have every piece of testing equipment known to man in his trunk!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 AM
themadhatterxxx

ehh i guess im gonna get a service station to write a fake receipt for me...i just needed to vent my anger a little over it...well guys use me as a lesson lol...just be aware of where your driving and keep your eye out if you have test pipes or loud exhausts (even though i didn't rev up or mash the gas pedal or make myself a target) it aint worth wasting your time over a ticket.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:14 AM
ramega4

Forest Hills, Queens ? If so good luck every time I had to pick up my dad from work I would get pulled over. Funny part is my dad was a school teacher and would end up gettin pulled right by his school. Kids would just stair at me like I was a drug dealer or something.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
themadhatterxxx

Yea thats about right

Originally Posted by ramega4
Forest Hills, Queens ? If so good luck every time I had to pick up my dad from work I would get pulled over. Funny part is my dad was a school teacher and would end up gettin pulled right by his school. Kids would just stair at me like I was a drug dealer or something.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by ramega4
Wtf? Who's your father? What's his last name and what school? I wonder he was ever my teacher. LOL.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 PM
athenG

I just replace my stock CAT with some Test pipes and now you can hear my car 4 miles away!!! If I ever get caught then I'll just hire a lawyer and if win the case then shouldn't I be able to reference that case if I get pulled over again?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
....like im some fcukin hindu carjacker...
Well it could be that or I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped on the street by some Hindu trying to sell me hot sitars. (pssst buddy (opens coat) wanna buy a sitar? It was once played by Ravi Shankar) Yep.. happens all the time. You got to always have one eye out for those fcukin Hindu carjackers and such.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:17 PM
tonester1011
CF God

u will not get out of the ticket...just pay it and dont waste your time...and i would love to be there when u call the cop a "pig" in the courtroom...I would love to hear that ****...u will not do it, stop crying and just pay the ticket...tp's are illegal and loud and thats all there is to it.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:16 PM
themadhatterxxx

Cool I guess u can join me in court then April 22nd if u dont think i have the ***** to call a cop a pig....bring the popcorn...LoL do u think i fear cops? im 28 not 12-my first amendment says i can call him whatever i want...As far as im concerned my taxes pay their salaries so these fat out of shape lardasses can go find something more usefull to do for society like actually serve and protect instead of bullying people for makin nonexistent noise...

Originally Posted by tonester1011
u will not get out of the ticket...just pay it and dont waste your time...and i would love to be there when u call the cop a "pig" in the courtroom...I would love to hear that ****...u will not do it, stop crying and just pay the ticket...tp's are illegal and loud and thats all there is to it.

Last edited by themadhatterxxx; 03-05-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
ramega4

I don't like the forest hills area much at all

Last edited by ramega4; 03-05-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
ramega4

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Wtf? Who's your father? What's his last name and what school? I wonder he was ever my teacher. LOL.
Who taught at Russel Sage JR high school. His name was Rafael Edreira, everyone called him Mr.E though.